Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Just now, cabowabo said:

How is it legal for Bado to inundate my cell phone with unwanted calls and texts?

How is it legal for you not to text back "stop"? It's not like he is texting Official Summons to people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

What is the point? Healthcare costs have been very high for decades, both before and after 2010.

I assume most on here have never been on the ACA since  we have college degrees and thus our healthcare is through our employers. 

You are under the impression that ACA doesn’t apply to employer sponsored plans?  Unfortunately, it does.  

I am under that impression. I know one person who is disabled who got insurance through the ACA and another who has money and not working and she gets her insurance through the ACA. She is close to getting Medicare as she is in her 60's. 

The article I read stated At the time of the interview (May 22, 2018), 9.9 million people, or 3.7 percent, obtained health coverage through the Affordable Care Act marketplaces or state-based exchanges. 3.7

3.7% is a small part of the country. What am I missing?

1 minute ago, Texas73 said:

I am under that impression. I know one person who is disabled who got insurance through the ACA and another who has money and not working and she gets her insurance through the ACA. She is close to getting Medicare as she is in her 60's. 

The article I read stated At the time of the interview (May 22, 2018), 9.9 million people, or 3.7 percent, obtained health coverage through the Affordable Care Act marketplaces or state-based exchanges. 3.7

3.7% is a small part of the country. What am I missing?

I’ll type out a reply tomorrow.  But ACA applies to employer sponsored plans. 

Just now, cabowabo said:
39 minutes ago, RPM said:
How is it legal for you not to text back "stop"? It's not like he is texting Official Summons to people.

I have done that every time I have received a text. I have told them the same when my phone rings. Dipshit.

Weird. I texted STOP and they did.

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It sure does. You know, like preventing them from not covering pre existing conditions. Thanks, Obama!

All preexisting conditions aren’t created equally.  Plenty are self imposed.  And yet the rest of us get to pay.  I’d rather the people who made poor choices not to have insurance before their condition arose or whose own poor choices caused their condition bear the costs of such treatment. Instead of reaching into my pocket.  

For those who have conditions that don’t fall into either category, we should help.  That’s the minority though.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
43 minutes ago, RPM said:

I have done that every time I have received a text. I have told them the same when my phone rings. Dipshit.

You should show them what's up by shooting your phone or smashing it with a hammer.  Be sure to put it on YouTube with the hashtag #BoycottBado. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

All preexisting conditions aren’t created equally.  Plenty are self imposed.  And yet the rest of us get to pay.  I’d rather the people who made poor choices not to have insurance before their condition arose or whose own poor choices caused their condition bear the costs of such treatment. Instead of reaching into my pocket.  

For those who have conditions that don’t fall into either category, we should help.  That’s the minority though.  

What are these “poor choice” pre existing conditions of which you speak?

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

You should show them what's up by shooting your phone or smashing it with a hammer.  Be sure to put it on YouTube with the hashtag #BoycottBado. 

How bout I shove it up your ass instead?

So you're into pegging other men?  This is the wrong forum for that.  There's a sex board here for your fantasies. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Oh yeah daddy you are so strong and tough and alpha

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I imagine he is referring to things like obesity, hypertension, diabetes, CVD, smoking etc that drive the vast majority of our healthcare expenditures. 

Lots of poor rural white folks who vote red have these conditions. I know, I know, people on both sides of the political spectrum have these conditions but being a Democrat that is the first group I thought of.

11 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Kinky!!!

• Like 1

Nope. Name all of the pre existing conditions that you deem as “poor choice” ones. 
If you and a handful of other posters in this thread would stop looking for gotchya moments and try having constructive conversations this place would be so much better.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
26 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:
Nope. Name all of the pre existing conditions that you deem as “poor choice” ones. 

If you and a handful of other posters in this thread would stop looking for gotchya moments and try having constructive conversations this place would be so much better.

Still waiting for that list

I think someone already posted a list and it should be pretty obvious. A lot of our health (most) problems are lifestyle issues related to what we consume (food, sugar, booze, smoking) and our general laziness. This shouldn’t be controversial.

You can disagree with the philosophy behind punishing people for poor health choices — what are we going to do, let them die? — but this pseudo-Socratic game to score internet points is a beating.

19 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
44 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So you want people to let a statement go unchallenged? Yeah, going to pass on that. Hard pass. 

Sack comes in with a bold claim of self-inflicted medical conditions and it gets challenged. What the fuck is wrong with getting a goddamn answer to the question?

Only people I hear bitching about gotcha moments are the ones that say stupid shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Sack comes in with a bold claim of self-inflicted medical conditions and it gets challenged. What the fuck is wrong with getting a goddamn answer to the question?

He's just following Trumps lead. Make a bold statement as fact and refuse to follow up with details (or truth).

Now, for a serious question... Smoking is bad. Sack says all smoking related illness should be uninsured. What about all the veterans that literally lived off cigarettes until the '00's? They were sold dirt cheap (if not free) to military personnel. Sorry, guys. Sack says your emphysema, COPD and cancer are all on you. It's your fault for putting yourself in that position. Should have let the enemy win and think about the poor insurance company execs and shareholders. 

1 minute ago, RPM said:

He's just following Trumps lead. Make a bold statement as fact and refuse to follow up with details (or truth).

Now, for a serious question... Smoking is bad. Sack says all smoking related illness should be uninsured. What about all the veterans that literally lived off cigarettes until the '00's? They were sold dirt cheap (if not free) to military personnel. Sorry, guys. Sack says your emphysema, COPD and cancer are all on you. It's your fault for putting yourself in that position. Should have let the enemy win and think about the poor insurance company execs and shareholders. 

Yeah,  those pipefitters down in the boiler room with asbestosis ?Tough shit. Stop being a working man. Black lung? Fuck off coal miner. Silicosis? Bwahaha. Fuck you too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

if we're talking about self inflicted medical conditions, I would argue that addiction falls strongly into that category and is extremely costly to taxpayers to not treat adequately.

But, it's so very profitable. 

The work force is disgusted downs tools and walks
Innocence is injured experience just talks
Everyone seeks damages and everyone agrees
That these are 'classic symptoms of a monetary squeeze'
On ITV and BBC they talk about the curse
Philosophy is useless theology is worse
History boils over there's an economics freeze
Sociologists invent words that mean 'Industrial Disease'
Doctor Parkinson declared 'I'm not surprised to see you here
You've got smokers cough from smoking, brewer's droop from drinking beer
I don't know how you came to get the Betty Davis knees