Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

I'm going to assume he was attempting humor?  Because a real life Louisianan clearly wouldn't fuck up crayfish and craydad.  Unless.....?

Correct, people in Louisiana secretly laugh when others say crayfish out loud.  “Your shit’s all fucked up and you talk like a fag.” 

craydad isn’t a real word but people from Louisiana would have got it.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nope, graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1996. Did you graduate from aggy? Or are you some redneck hick that supports aggy but was somehow even too stupid to get in there or graduate? 

I was at UT and when Turn the Page Akers was football coach for my first degree and finished my second degree when Roger Clemens and the boys beat Alabama in the College World Series.  

• Fuck You 2

ok, you're right. Caused is too strong a word. Stoked, enflamed, enlivened, whatever the fuck you want to use to make yourself feel better. 
Again, don't be shitty.

These countries were butt-fucked by colonialism, exploited by our corporations then repeatedly fucked again by our government actively affecting regime change-recently.

So yes, Caused is fairly accurate.

12 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

I was at UT and when Turn the Page Akers was football coach for my first degree and finished my second degree when Roger Clemens and the boys beat Alabama in the College World Series.  

You of course mean Calvin Schiraldi. I was a kid and watched that series. He has clearly the best pitcher we had and won the MVP for the tournament. Did you even watch it?  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

continued...

The fact that @tedcruz immediately leapt on a conspiracy theory based on edited footage from a convicted criminal who has a long history of scamming reporters should really tell you how scared he is of @BetoORourke.

Responsible journalists need to press him on this. Now.

Also: anyone who for a second believed the video was legit should be embarrassed.

Even putting aside the track record of the source, the claim doesn't make sense. Why would a Senate campaign waste its own money illegally paying migrants to come to a state they can't vote in?

The truth is, Cruz knew full well this was a horseshit hoax from the start. He's not an idiot. But he chose to fan the flames and get the hoax circulating.

That's completely disqualifying. He has no business being a senator.

Next Tuesday, we all need to vote his lying ass out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameWithHeld said:

It's really nice that you have no problem with lying under the Obama Administration.  Depends on whose ox is gored I guess

Everyone has a problem with lying. You have to choose which liar you prefer. One side has been lying more than the other one, if you care about such things, and it's not the Democrats. Or you can decide it's based on the magnitude of the lie. One side has been making bigger lies than the other one, if you care about such things, and it's not the Democrats.

What really riles me up is people who think the modern-day GOP and its carpetbagging SOB of a President is "Conservative." But come on... this president does not stand for Christian, family-friendly values. He does not stand up for the interests of the small businessman -- he's tearing up all the agreements that worked in favor of them!

The only thing he really stands for is being afraid of things. I thought it was the Liberals who were supposed to be fraidy-cat pansies, back in the day when they were all terrified of the USSR and basically wanted to surrender to the Commies. Now it's all, "Oh no! A caravan of a handful of starving Mexicans is coming to 'invade' us! I'm so SCARED!" -- Texas GOP voters, probably. Trump is out there celebrating horrible dictators like Erdogan and Putin, and GOP voters are behind it because they just can't wait to be ruled so that they can be "safe." That's not Conservative values -- Conservatives were supposed to stand up to their government, not search for some flesh-and-blood carpetbagging savior. (And that's not just Trump. Fuck Cruz, too!)

My God, show some fuckin' balls, ya frickin' pansies. Conservative values is not about being fraidy-cats. The whole reason we're pro-gun is so that we don't have to be hiding behind the cops or the military or needing the government to defend us from the bad ol' starving Mexicans. It's because we reach out to immigrants, because we were immigrants once, and this is the land of fucking opportunity, and Conservative values were about making sure that everyone who comes here has a chance to get filthy stinking rich. Oh, you don't believe in that any more? Then you're not a Conservative any more. You're a fuckin' wuss is what you are.

GOP isn't Conservative any more. They're hiding in their closet, slavishly listening to Sean Hannity telling them all the things they need to be afraid of this week. So they have to vote GOP so that none of the big brown-skinned woogums come and GET them. Boo!

Oh, but Obama lied. Sure as shit, he did. So does Trump. So does Cruz. So peel away the lies, and what do you get?

Well, here's a guy from Canada who'll say anything, swap his beliefs, concoct any fiction to hold power. And here's another guy who might've lied about a few hundred in funds going to his campaign, instead giving blankets to cold, starving kids. Geez, how horrible. How can that guy even sleep at night?

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Oh wow, didn’t realize by liking that tweet “liberals” endorse all of these other things as well.

I’m sure you only like statements from people who have never made mistakes in judgement right?

What's a little waterboarding and drone strikes on civilians between tweeter friends?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameWithHeld said:

You don't know much about John Brennan then because he's got a fucking load of them.  

Wait. After all the stuff that went on in the past dozen years, and Trump saying he's pretty much OK with torture to a chorus of cheers from GOP voters, you're suddenly just now deciding to have a conscience about it?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

In addition to your Calvin/Roger fail,  field goal Freddy was still the UT football coach in 1983 (never heard of “turn the page,” maybe that just came to you from the net). He would still be the football coach for another 3 years after that college World Series. Try again aggy. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

In addition to your Calvin/Roger fail,  field goal Freddy was still the UT football coach in 1983 (never heard of “turn the page,” maybe that just came to you from the net). He would still be the football coach for another 3 years after that college World Series. Try again aggy. 

You don’t know what you’re talking about.  Did I ever say Fred wasn’t the coach during my second degree?  You better stop while you’re behind because you are showing your ass in a big, big way and if you never heard “turn the page” then you don’t fucking know UT football.  Faker. 

Edited by NameWithHeld
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about.  Did I ever say Fred wasn’t the coach during my second degree?  You better stop while you’re behind because you are showing your ass in a big, big way and if you never heard “turn the page” then you don’t fucking know UT football.  Faker. 

You seem mad. Maybe take a step back from the keyboard and go have yourself a drink. Or maybe stop drinking. Whichever bender you happen to be on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You seem mad. Maybe take a step back from the keyboard and go have yourself a drink. Or maybe stop drinking. Whichever bender you happen to be on. 

I hate fakers and you were exposed as not knowing what the fuck you were talking about. Just got back under the rock you crawled out from under.  I’m still thinking you went to ACC. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, NameWithHeld said:

I think you have confused Fred Akers with Bob Seger.

• Like 1

Just now, NameWithHeld said:

I hate fakers and you were exposed as not knowing what the fuck you were talking about. Just got back under the rock you crawled out from under.  I’m still thinking you went to ACC. 

Its not my fault you hate yourself.

You need a hug from Robin Williams like the one Matt Damon got at the end in good will hunting. Unfortunatley he passed. Maybe your bud Chrispy can give it to you instead? Post it on the board so we can all get a good laugh/cry? 

Given the level of hateful personal attacks leveled by NameWithHeld, I'm guessing either MajorHarsin or ClearLakeHorn, but if he's as old as he claims to be I'd mark MajorHarsin off the list. For whatever reason, he struck me as younger. A third possibility is that Rockport guy. He was always full of piss and vinegar.

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Given the level of hateful personal attacks leveled by NameWithHeld, I'm guessing either MajorHarsin or ClearLakeHorn, but if he's as old as he claims to be I'd mark MajorHarsin off the list. For whatever reason, he struck me as younger. A third possibility is that Rockport guy. He was always full of piss and vinegar.

I think it’s swam

Oh wow, didn’t realize by liking that tweet “liberals” endorse all of these other things as well.

I’m sure you only like statements from people who have never made mistakes in judgement right?

Funny how you care about this but are silent about Trumps lies, racist dog whistles, corruption, etc. Your whole bit is really tired.

Yep, and I said it before: we loved it when Stalin helped kick Hitler’s ass. Doesn’t mean we thought Stalin was a swell guy.

Just now, Brandywine said:

Not reading the last few pages, but . . . Maybe it should be: who is a better role model for your children, Barack or Trump?

In my humble opinion our LEADERS should be role models in this country.  The fact they’re not is really sad considering we get to choose our leaders. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, and I said it before: we loved it when Stalin helped kick Hitler’s ass. Doesn’t mean we thought Stalin was a swell guy.

There's a cartoon from that era of Uncle Sam talking behind his hand to the fearful family that is in the domicile of the country store. Babushka is waiting bag in hand to spend coin.

Something along the lines of "I don't want to marry her, but her money is good too."

And when we were fighting communism in SE Asia some old colonel was asked about a rather questionable individual. 

"Yeah, he's a sonofabitch, but he's OUR sonofabitch."

Realpolitik. It's what's for dinner. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
Verbs are useful

41 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Every Cruz rally picture is strategically framed to make the crowd look big, but in reality there's never more than 5 or 6 rows of non-staff  / non-press attendees.  Goes to show that nobody really likes Ted.  Too bad it may not matter because of Texas and its "(R)" problem ...

1 minute ago, Gap03 said:

Every Cruz rally picture is strategically framed to make the crowd look big, but in reality there's never more than 5 or 6 rows of non-staff  / non-press attendees.  Goes to show that nobody really likes Ted.  Too bad it may not matter because of Texas and its "(R)" problem ...

In all seriousness, the gop needs to figure what to do as white people keep having fewer kids.  You don’t see many non white people at gop Texas rallies.   I know it occurs but it looks to be less than 5%.   https://www.marchofdimes.org/peristats/ViewSubtopic.aspx?reg=48&top=2&stop=4&lev=1&slev=4&obj=1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How do people with kids vote for Ted Cruz?  How could any self respecting person want a spineless coward like Cruz to be a role model for their kids? 

Wouldn’t you want your kid to grow up to be like Beto? 

It just baffles me.

This a serious question? 

Yeah I want my kids to be well educated and marry the kids of billionaires, that’s about where it ends. 

I understand he’s your guy; he’s still a fucking politician. He just doesn’t suck as much because he’s been low level politician his entire career. I’m sure all the rainbow stew will still be served once he’s elected. 

JlawOK.gif