Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, well you're a fucking idiot.  The viral inability for most Americans to see the ridiculously difficult job for what it is lets opinions like yours flourish, when in fact your opinion is EXACTLY what is fucking our country up by setting a standard that basically says "anything goes".

Fuck you for that.

You need a Brisket level timeout.  Your self-righteous grandstanding is starting to turn sour just like his.

• Haha 1

Celery, you don't seem to understand how actblue works. 

I've donated to a buddie's son who ran for Cook County (IL) Commissioner via ActBlue.  I've donated to Beto, MJ, Mike Levin, Ammar, etc.  A lot of donations (for not a lot of money, honestly), all done through ActBlue. 

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I'm gonna guess you've never turned that healthy skepticism on the troops. They're all role models of course and fighting for our glorious freedoms. Cops too are also wonderful, no reserve your contempt for Democrat politicians

The fuck?   

I'm a Libertarian.  All I have is skepticism for everything involved with the government.  Troops, corrupt unaccountable intelligence agencies, and everything involved with our interventionism and bolstering of the military-industrial complex included. 

And dress-up, pretend at being soldiers cops can go fuck themselves. 

And my contempt isn't reserved for Democratic politicians alone.  I give it freely to each and every politician with a D or an R in front of their name.  Fuck 'em.  Our government needs a power-washing from top to bottom.  So don't try selling me on this "Obama was so great and an awesome role model!" horseshit.  Dude was just George Bush with better public speaking skills.

The fuck?   
I'm a Libertarian.  All I have is skepticism for everything involved with the government.  Troops, corrupt unaccountable intelligence agencies, and everything involved with our interventionism and bolstering of the military-industrial complex included. 
And my contempt isn't reserved for Democratic politicians alone.  I give it freely to each and every politician with a D or an R in front of their name.  Fuck 'em.  Our government needs a power-washing from top to bottom.  So don't try selling me on this "Obama was so great and an awesome role model!" horseshit.  Dude was just George Bush with better public speaking skills.

Right, you’re a “libertarian”. You vote Republican consistently because both sides.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Right, you’re a “libertarian”. You vote Republican consistently because both sides.

Pretty sure that 99.5% of Libertarian voters are chock full of shit. I have yet to see one that had a coherent argument other than Taxes Are Theft. Go. Live in the boonies. The rest of us have a world that requires a vast infrastructure. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Never voted for a single Republican in my life.  Glad to know you, Michael, and the rest of the goon squad around here are mind readers.  Must have gained those super powers from having your heads so far up your own asses.

This is why people hate fucking liberals.  You're just about as awful as the Trumpkins.  Don't fawn over Obama?  ZOMG he's a Nazi!  Fuck off with that lame bullshit.

5 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Never voted for a single Republican in my life.  Glad to know you, Michael, and the rest of the goon squad around here are mind readers.  Must have gained those super powers from having your heads so far up your own asses.

This is why people hate fucking liberals.  You're just about as awful as the Trumpkins.  Don't fawn over Obama?  ZOMG he's a Nazi!  Fuck off with that lame bullshit.

I welcome your hate.

Get stuffed.

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Pretty sure that 99.5% of Libertarian voters are chock full of shit. I have yet to see one that had a coherent argument other than Taxes Are Theft. Go. Live in the boonies. The rest of us have a world that requires a vast infrastructure. 

Yet the government does dick to keep that infrastructure up and running and in good working condition.  But they've got plenty of time and money to bomb brown people halfway around the planet, give themselves raises, and make sure their corporate overlords are taken care of.

But hey, you just gotta get "your guy or gal" voted in and it'll all be fixed, right?  Funny, we've had all these years to get the right people in there and we're still swinging and missing.  The government you love so much gave us the Iraq War, torture, murder of women and children, a vast spy network turned on its own populace, $20 trillion and counting in debt, and now Donald Trump.  Congrats on that. 

8 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

This is why nobody believes or takes your straw man building, fake libertarians seriously.  So much stupid 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Yet the government does dick to keep that infrastructure up and running and in good working condition.  But they've got plenty of time and money to bomb brown people halfway around the planet, give themselves raises, and make sure their corporate overlords are taken care of.

But hey, you just gotta get "your guy or gal" voted in and it'll all be fixed, right?  Funny, we've had all these years to get the right people in there and we're still swinging and missing.  The government you love so much gave us the Iraq War, torture, murder of women and children, a vast spy network turned on its own populace, $20 trillion and counting in debt, and now Donald Trump.  Congrats on that. 

Uh huh. Yeah keep telling yourself that. Next time NOAA says duck and cover go on out and tell the storm that line of BS.

while your at it get off the goddamn roads since you don't want to fucking pay for it. 

And don't you ever think of calling 911.

Kindly fuck off and head off to where there are no laws. 

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

This is why nobody believes or takes your straw man building, fake libertarians seriously.  So much stupid 

Whatever.  Keep that circle jerk lubed up, buddy.  It's obviously done wonders for the CR.  This place is just a beacon on the fucking hill now that ya'lls cabal is way past discussion and straight on into personal attacks, death threats, and painting anyone who disagrees w/ you as w/e you need them to be to make yourselves feel better.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Whatever.  Keep that circle jerk lubed up, buddy.  It's obviously done wonders for the CR.  This place is just a beacon on the fucking hill now that ya'lls cabal is way past discussion and straight on into personal attacks, death threats, and painting anyone who disagrees w/ you as w/e you need them to be to make yourselves feel better.

I guess you don’t understand what a straw man is.  Cool.  You seem triggered 

5 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Cheer on a side, we all do.  Some of us aren’t too big a pussy to admit our side.  

Welcme to America today,   You are either a trumper or not.  Both sides have drawn that line.  Well, I guess there is also the side who pretends to be Jill Stein/Rand Paul, but everyone just laughs at them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

It's not that deep.  Sometimes posts like your's just make you look like an asshole.        

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I do actually think that Beto is different in a meaningful way. And he is going to fucking lose. Because American (and Texas) politics are totally dysfunctional. The latter is my primary teaching moment to my children. 

I have a hard time believing any of them are different in a meaningful way.  One of my good friends growing up was groomed for a life of politics.  His dad was a politician and had lots of connections in the democratic party.  He ran for a state level office before the age of 30.  Dude was very charming and about as convincing as it gets, could speak well in private and in front of crowds, had all the party line talking points down and could give them in his sleep.  Seemed very sincere and passionate.  But his private beliefs were very conservative.  I asked him why not run as a Republican to match what he actually thinks, and he shrugged his shoulders and said because he already had connections with the democrats and that was the easier path for him.  His career was cut short from too much partying and drinking and driving.  One time we were coming home from a bar and I did not realize he was as drunk as he was (I later found out that he had a few shots when were separated for a bit) and he crashed into a parked car.   Of course he tried to flee, but the engine cut off.  He asked me to jump into the driver seat before the cops got there.  His dad got that particular incident swept under the rug, but he had lots more like it.  

It could be argued that the above is just a single anecdote and means little for politicians in general, and that is a valid point.  But I've been around many other young ambitious up and comers who are being groomed for senior executive positions in corporations (which are interchangeable with politicians) and have gotten to know several who have achieved that level, and they all share the common trait that when the shit hits the fan or even might possibly hit the fan, they are immediately looking for their scapegoat and they really don't care who was at fault as long as they can plausibly deny it was them.   And they all will speak and act based on strategy and goals and not on beliefs.   At some point what they believe simply becomes whatever the best strategy is for them to win.  So my experiences with people who are the type and who are in position to make a legitimate run for a major office have made me skeptical that any are idealists.  

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

I have a hard time believing any of them are different in a meaningful way.  One of my good friends growing up was groomed for a life of politics.  His dad was a politician and had lots of connections in the democratic party.  He ran for a state level office before the age of 30.  Dude was very charming and about as convincing as it gets, could speak well in private and in front of crowds, had all the party line talking points down and could give them in his sleep.  Seemed very sincere and passionate.  But his private beliefs were very conservative.  I asked him why not run as a Republican to match what he actually thinks, and he shrugged his shoulders and said because he already had connections with the democrats and that was the easier path for him.  His career was cut short from too much partying and drinking and driving.  One time we were coming home from a bar and I did not realize he was as drunk as he was (I later found out that he had a few shots when were separated for a bit) and he crashed into a parked car.   Of course he tried to flee, but the engine cut off.  He asked me to jump into the driver seat before the cops got there.  His dad got that particular incident swept under the rug, but he had lots more like it.  

It could be argued that the above is just a single anecdote and means little for politicians in general, and that is a valid point.  But I've been around many other young ambitious up and comers who are being groomed for senior executive positions in corporations (which are interchangeable with politicians) and have gotten to know several who have achieved that level, and they all share the common trait that when the shit hits the fan or even might possibly hit the fan, they are immediately looking for their scapegoat and they really don't care who was at fault as long as they can plausibly deny it was them.   And they all will speak and act based on strategy and goals and not on beliefs.   At some point what they believe simply becomes whatever the best strategy is for them to win.  So my experiences with people who are the type and who are in position to make a legitimate run for a major office have made me skeptical that any are idealists.  

So you are skeptical of of idealist. Fair. Are you skeptical of live long politicians?

10 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

So you are skeptical of of idealist. Fair. Are you skeptical of live long politicians?

40 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Uh huh. Yeah keep telling yourself that. Next time NOAA says duck and cover go on out and tell the storm that line of BS.

while your at it get off the goddamn roads since you don't want to fucking pay for it. 

And don't you ever think of calling 911.

Kindly fuck off and head off to where there are no laws. 

ng95h2x5s0w11.jpg

snfmoj89v0w11.png

It’s really interesting how the right wing - ahem, “libertarians” - have all suddenly started pontificating and crying about being outnumbered on this board.

It’s almost like they’re coming to terms with the fact that people have finally gotten fed up with their bullshittery.

It smells like........fear and anxiety.

Smells good.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

The fuck?   

I certainly appreciate your civic mindedness.  You hate 96% of your fellow citizens, but your motives are purer.

That young man’s name? Albert Einstein.
  • Like 3

I used to think that it made sense to vote libertarian or any 3rd party to show the GOP/Dems that they should change.   Then I turned 22 and grew up.

A 3rd party vote is actually a vote for the favorite in the race.    Have the maturity to pick from the top 2 candidates in the general election.  Or just stay home to shorten the voting line for the rest of us.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aphelion said:

#bothsides

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aphelion said:

I have a hard time believing any of them are different in a meaningful way. 

Beto has run a meaningfully different campaign. I am not sure how that will translate to Senatoring. We probably won't get a chance to find out, but my hunch is that it would be a mild disappointment much in the same way that Obama was not able to convert his aspirational campaign rhetoric into transcending governance. 

• Like 1

I’ve been saying that Cruz would win even though I support Beto.  I’m changing my mind in that I think Beto takes the win.   I just don’t see that Cruz has gotten much support to counteract Beto.  Sure, Beto’s GOTV has also brought some Cruz voters out as well, but I don’t see how Cruz could have inspired >3.5m people to vote for him.    Experts have said Beto could only win with a huge overall turnout, which is now occurring.

beto wins by 1.5%.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Beto has run a meaningfully different campaign. I am not sure how that will translate to Senatoring. We probably won't get a chance to find out, but my hunch is that it would be a mild disappointment much in the same way that Obama was not able to convert his aspirational campaign rhetoric into transcending governance. 

I suspect he will be a reliable vote for the Democratic Senate leadership just as he has been a reliable vote for the Democratic House leadership.  He talks a good game about listening to #bothsides, but he talks about issues with the same rhetoric as any Dem and that's how he has voted to date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bernorange said:

I suspect he will be a reliable vote for the Democratic Senate leadership just as he has been a reliable vote for the Democratic House leadership.  He talks a good game about listening to #bothsides, but he talks about issues with the same rhetoric as any Dem and that's how he has voted to date.

But that is how you get things done especially in the senate. John Cornyn has previously spoken about the ineffectiveness of Ted Cruz.  The senate allows you to be a maverick but if you don’t work with others in your party and even the other party, ultimately nothing occurs.   The media will give you attention when you hurl grenades in the senate but you’re not serving your constitutents.  

We've seen Cruz's "Senatoring," a mild disappointment from Beto would be miles ahead of what we're getting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I used to think that it made sense to vote libertarian or any 3rd party to show the GOP/Dems that they should change.   Then I turned 22 and grew up.
A 3rd party vote is actually a vote for the favorite in the race.    Have the maturity to pick from the top 2 candidates in the general election.  Or just stay home to shorten the voting line for the rest of us.
Don't blame you, you voted for Kodos.
  • Haha 1