Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

14 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

So you are a citizen and your non-criminal wife is not legally in the country and then was deported for some reason? That is a bizarre story and I'm sorry it happened to you and your family. I don't think anyone will begrudge you for how you feel or believe and whatever actions you deem appropriate in response. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, no.  This doesn't add up.  You don't get to suddenly show concern about someone being deported just because it struck a little close to home.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Was your wife here illegally?

Before I write anything online, I always ask "Would I say this to this person face to face".  Saves me from being a keyboard warrior who hides behind a screen.  Plus, I'm generally genial person and never really have issues with anyone, so being mad online isn't really who I am.

In regards to this comment, I have thought about how I would interact with you in person and I feel comfortable saying the below:

Go fuck yourself.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If you are talking about posting that lady who screams, I'm sorry but that woman should be roundly ridiculed by both sides of the aisle as mentally ill in a show of lowest hanging fruit bipartisanship.

Why? Who is she and what relevance does she have to anything that was being discussed? Why was she even brought up?

Look at the one person who liked your post (as of right now, at least): The company you keep.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Was your wife here illegally?

No.

She has a green card and everything, that she acquired legitimately. Her parents were both naturalized citizens back in 2000. All of her family -- her parents and sister's family -- they're here in the United States. 

I've seen some idiot on this very board say, "Well, that means you don't count." Oh really? Then why is Trump targeting us anyway, and why are his followers cheering it on?

I'll tell you why. It's because it's not about enforcing current immigration law. It's not about stopping illegal immigration. It's about redefining "illegal" to encompass even those who are here legally, even those who were born here and have lived here their entire lives.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Why? Who is she and what relevance does she have to anything that was being discussed? Why was she even brought up?

Look at the one person who liked your post (as of right now, at least): The company you keep.

Brought up in response to what I feel is an outsized response people have to elections, generally speaking , ON BOTH Sides. The sun comes up tomorrow no matter what and knee jerk and ridiculous posts of "How do I rationalize this election to my child" is stupid no matter who wins. The point of posting that video was to mock outsized, hysterical, mentally ill responses to things that do not warrant them (in my opinion) and is why it was accompanied with "what could make you really scream like that, maybe the death of your child?"

Just now, Rimbo said:

No.

She has a green card and everything, that she acquired legitimately. Her parents were both naturalized citizens back in 2000. All of her family -- her parents and sister's family -- they're here in the United States. 

I've seen some idiot on this very board say, "Well, that means you don't count." Oh really? Then why is Trump targeting us anyway, and why are his followers cheering it on?

I'll tell you why. It's because it's not about enforcing current immigration law. It's not about stopping illegal immigration. It's about redefining "illegal" to encompass even those who are here legally, even those who were born here and have lived here their entire lives.

That is an injustice and, despite people like badteammate and jimmy jameson thinking I shouldnt have the right to, i feel upset and sorry for you and what your family and especially little girl has had to go through.

6 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Before I write anything online, I always ask "Would I say this to this person face to face".  Saves me from being a keyboard warrior who hides behind a screen.  Plus, I'm generally genial person and never really have issues with anyone, so being mad online isn't really who I am.

In regards to this comment, I have thought about how I would interact with you in person and I feel comfortable saying the below:

Go fuck yourself.  

Oh, it's a legitimate question. And I think it needs to be emphasized that my wife is here legally, came here legally, 100% green-card-holding legal. Got it all legitimately. As did her sister and parents.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Brought up in response to what I feel is an outsized response people have to elections, generally speaking , ON BOTH Sides. The sun comes up tomorrow no matter what and knee jerk and ridiculous posts of "How do I rationalize this election to my child" is stupid no matter who wins. The point of posting that video was to mock outsized, hysterical, mentally ill responses to things that do not warrant them (in my opinion) and is why it was accompanied with "what could make you really scream like that, maybe the death of your child?"

Yea except it’s not stupid at all. How do you explain to your children when your neighbors, friends, coworkers, etc. are being deported from possibly the only country they have every known. You and your ilk are unamerican pieces of shit. 

Just now, Rimbo said:

What's wrong with you? Why do you feel the need to support people who have made it their goal to pull families apart?

Johnny Sack comes from a world where if you don't do anything wrong then law enforcement won't bother you. It's not a world that most people live in. It's not his fault he doesn't have others' life experiences, but it is his fault that he willfully chooses not to consider others' life experiences.

• Like 3

That is an injustice and, despite people like badteammate and jimmy jameson thinking I shouldnt have the right to, i feel upset and sorry for you and what your family and especially little girl has had to go through.

And you vote for it to continue happening. So, as others have said, go fuck yourself

It unfortunately means that I have to put aside all of my other political beliefs. I have become a one-issue voter.

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Oh, it's a legitimate question. And I think it needs to be emphasized that my wife is here legally, came here legally, 100% green-card-holding legal. Got it all legitimately. As did her sister and parents.

I had no idea someone with a green card could be deported.  

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

No.

ICE has been arbitrarily arresting and deporting LPRs, who have never been charged or convicted of a crime, when they show up for their citizenship interviews.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I had no idea someone with a green card could be deported.  

She wasn't deported, but she was held by ICE with no way to contact her, no deadline for release, just utter dead silence and no way to contact her.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why?

Because that is what you and other Trump supporters want them to do. That is what Trump's plan is. This is the country Trump's gang wants to build.

And if you don't agree with that, then why are you supporting him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And if you don't agree with that, then why are you supporting him?

Generally speaking (i.e., not specific to Johnny Sack but very possibly inclusive of him), it's because they believe that their personal net income will be higher under Trump.

Nothing else matters beyond personal finances.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Generally speaking (i.e., not specific to Johnny Sack but very possibly inclusive of him), it's because they believe that their personal net income will be higher under Trump.

Nothing else matters beyond personal finances.

You give them way too much credit. It’s because they are shitty, stupid human beings. Deplorable was far too nice for these people

Edited by hobbes2702

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Not necessarily targeted at you, but I hear this at my wife’s church or on Facebook or whatever all the time  

“I am sorry that this is happening, and I don’t think it’s right.”

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.  

A week or a month later, they are still supporting the same political party that is impletemnting these policies.  They are still good little Republicans.  None of these are Trump policies, these are GOP policies, because the GOP Chairwoman declared that the GOP was the party of Trump, and more importantly, the Republican-led Congress signs off on these policies.  

“I don’t have a say in policies, but I don’t support them, and I’m truly sorry they are happening.”

You don’t have a direct say in policy-making and what the GOP supports, but if enough people in the GOP were truly upset and sorry about these kinds of things, and if they left the GOP, it would cause the GOP to change those policies.  They would pressure Trump and McConnel and Graham, etc. to change.  

But nothing changes.  

Because most of the people who say they feel sorry about such things don’t have a fucking spine. They aren’t willing to go against the home team.  Because ultimately, that’s who they are, they just don’t want others to realize it.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My understanding is that permanent green card holders can only be deported for committing certain crimes or violates the terms of their green card.  

Different story all together, but the original travel ban prevented green card holders from the effected Countries from entry. The administration had to scramble to fix that, but not before Sally Yates was canned for saying it was unconstitutional. 

I'm about to head to my polling station to put in my ballot for Beto. I'm wearing my Humans against Ted Cruz shirt and my Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran hat. I seriously hope someone tries to come at me with some bullshit. I'm not in the mood for fuck-fuck games today.

My shirt today

75ec799f605a3cd17f9b2c50ae720dee.jpg

...and it’s true
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 13

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

That’s what it boils down to.  Who you choose on the ballot, is who represents your values.  

Not really, especially if you feel obligated to pick between Rs and Ds. In that case, your choice represents a choice between two individuals, neither of which likely fully represent your values, but whom have been selected by the political apparatus as your approved options.  So you make a choice.  Or you write in Willie.  Or whatever.