Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fleeing high crime and poor regions, which is what the people in the caravan are doing, is not asylum worthy in my opinion. If someone is from Honduras, El Salvador, etc and they say they are claiming asylum because of gangs that shouldn’t be enough and they should be turned right around. Just ask them where they are from. If they were Yazidis or Christians fleeing from ISIS that’s different and asylum worthy.

Never mind the fact that the United States of America and its proxies have played a large role in creating the conditions that make those regions high crime and poor.

But who cares about history?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Never mind the fact that the United States of America and its proxies have played a large role in creating the conditions that make those regions high crime and poor.

But who cares about history?

You missed the point. His support for granting asylum is a sliding scale that goes from not like him and his heritage at all to a lot like him and his heritage.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HouTex2017 said:

You think open borders, abolishing of ICE, socialized medicine, pro abortion, is good? 

Open borders:  No candidate has that on their platform.  None.  Someone made that up and suckered you into believing it.

Abolishing ICE:  See open borders ^^^   It's not on the platform, it is not an idea has been taken seriously by any Dem.

Socialized medicine:  If you are a veteran, like I am, you've been the recipient of socialized medicine.  It isn't perfect but given the task, it works well.  I work with tons of retired military officers who served their 20+ and have moved on to the private sector.  It's funny how they all opt for using TriCare and opting out of the company provided health insurance and then they bitch and moan about the Dems idea of socialized medicine, which is the exact care they currently covet.

Pro-Abortion:  We won't agree on this but I can respect your ideas.  My opinion is that there's a gap of time between a woman getting pregnant and the by-product becoming a viable child.  Before that time I don't care what happens to that cluster of cells.  After that time, well... it's a child.  

• Like 9

Fleeing high crime and poor regions, which is what the people in the caravan are doing, is not asylum worthy in my opinion. If someone is from Honduras, El Salvador, etc and they say they are claiming asylum because of gangs that shouldn’t be enough and they should be turned right around. Just ask them where they are from. If they were Yazidis or Christians fleeing from ISIS that’s different and asylum worthy.
I appreciate that you claim this as your opinion, but I don't think your opinion aligns with federal law. The law is that someone may be granted asylum because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion. If someone is in Honduras and government has broken down to the point that gangs run cities and states and these gangs threaten anyone who refused an "invitation" to join or who advocates for government control, I think it would clearly meet the definition. Isn't ISIS just a really well organized gang that has toppled local governments? How do you distinguish between a gang that is capable of persecution and one that is not?
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Due process requires we actually take the claims as they come. You may be right and that 99% of the caravan that ultimately arrives here will be not be eligible for asylum. But, we have to actually look at the individual cases and facts to make a determination rather than generalizing from your speculation. We can't deny those that have valid claims merely on the basis that they may be traveling nearby to those that don't. 

Don't let in fleeing a high crime, impoverished region dominated by armed, violent criminals, but let in the other people fleeing a high crime, impoverished region dominated by armed, violent criminals. Got it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Open borders:  No candidate has that on their platform.  None.  Someone made that up and suckered you into believing it.

Abolishing ICE:  See open borders ^^^   It's not on the platform, it is not an idea has been taken seriously by any Dem.

Socialized medicine:  If you are a veteran, like I am, you've been the recipient of socialized medicine.  It isn't perfect but given the task, it works well.  I work with tons of retired military officers who served their 20+ and have moved on to the private sector.  It's funny how they all opt for using TriCare and opting out of the company provided health insurance and then they bitch and moan about the Dems idea of socialized medicine, which is the exact care they currently covet.

Pro-Abortion:  We won't agree on this but I can respect your ideas.  My opinion is that there's a gap of time between a woman getting pregnant and the by-product becoming a viable child.  Before that time I don't care what happens to that cluster of cells.  After that time, well... it's a child.  

Very well said. And thank you for your service amigo. 

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Are you too stupid to realize that the majority of those claiming asylum are in fact turned around and sent back just like you favor?  The system was doing exactly what you want.

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Spot on my dude.

8 minutes ago, fuggled said:
20 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Read more  

I appreciate that you claim this as your opinion, but I don't think your opinion aligns with federal law. The law is that someone may be granted asylum because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion. If someone is in Honduras and government has broken down to the point that gangs run cities and states and these gangs threaten anyone who refused an "invitation" to join or who advocates for government control, I think it would clearly meet the definition. Isn't ISIS just a really well organized gang that has toppled local governments? How do you distinguish between a gang that is capable of persecution and one that is not?

Sock-puppet 

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don't let in fleeing a high crime, impoverished region dominated by armed, violent criminals, but let in the other people fleeing a high crime, impoverished region dominated by armed, violent criminals. Got it.

You and Huckleberry seem to not get that ISIS was targeting Yazidis, Shiites, and Christians based on their religious group or ethnicity. The gangs in Honduras are screwing over EVERYONE. That’s a legit difference. If the entire country is dysfunctional that’s just too bad. Don’t give me this shit about us having to be responsible for their mess for pursuing our legitimate national interests.  Can’t save everyone. Have to make choices on who gets on the lifeboat. Legal immigration and waiting in line is the option for Central Americans.

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Are you too stupid to realize that the majority of those claiming asylum are in fact turned around and sent back just like you favor?  The system was doing exactly what you want.

That’s not what this article says:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-crisis-at-the-border-1541464986

4 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

Cross post

Just got back from voting. Literally no line, I was in and out. I live in a rural hamlet, though, and when I scanned my ballot it showed it was only the 399th of the day. 

That opinion piece doesn't say anything about the percentage of asylum seekers that are ultimately granted asylum. The point of the article is that these people are exercising a legal right, the right to claim asylum. Whether or not they are ultimately granted asylum depends on the facts of their case.  

Edited by Dahobbs

Open borders - a bullshit fake issue touted by Republicans to scare old white people. To put it in Trumpkin speak, FAKE NEWS.

Abolishing ICE - I thought Republicans were for eliminating waste in the federal government? Why do we need Border Patrol and Homeland Security and Customs and ICE? ICE wasn’t even established until 2003. Surely we can consolidate these agencies and reduce the duplication of efforts.

Socialized Medicine - Ignoring the dog whistle of the word socialized, yes I’m for it.

Abortion - Hell yes I’m pro-choice. And my uterus trumps your penis.

Any other questions?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Open borders - a bullshit fake issue touted by Republicans to scare old white people. To put it in Trumpkin speak, FAKE NEWS.

Abolishing ICE - I thought Republicans were for eliminating waste in the federal government? Why do we need Border Patrol and Homeland Security and Customs and ICE? ICE wasn’t even established until 2003. Surely we can consolidate these agencies and reduce the duplication of efforts.

Socialized Medicine - Ignoring the dog whistle of the word socialized, yes I’m for it.

Any other questions?

Elizabeth Warren's 2020 Campaign Slogan?

You and Huckleberry seem to not get that ISIS was targeting Yazidis, Shiites, and Christians based on their religious group or ethnicity. The gangs in Honduras are screwing over EVERYONE. That’s a legit difference. If the entire country is dysfunctional that’s just too bad. Don’t give me this shit about us having to be responsible for their mess for pursuing our legitimate national interests.  Can’t save everyone. Have to make choices on who gets on the lifeboat. Legal immigration and waiting in line is the option for Central Americans.

I haven't seen a whole lot of footage from the caravan.  Are these marauding gangs moving in time, perhaps almost dance-like, maybe even singing songs?  'cause that's fucking terrifying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Any other questions?

Ann Richards' reincarnate?

3 minutes ago, mycox said:

Those crooked republicans rigging the election 😉

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Averaging damn near 9k per hour. Nice

Either on here or another thread, someone said 125k was the non-canabilized projection. On track to hit that in which case, if statewide, Ted's toast imo.

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Either on here or another thread, someone said 125k was the non-canabilized projection. On track to hit that in which case, if statewide, Ted's toast imo.

I wouldn't get so excited. As energized as Team Blue is, Team Red has been watching that and go themselves all spun up.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

You forgot (((Soros))).

I don't fault Abbott for receiving as much money as he did from his lawsuit/settlement for his permanent paralysis but to me, he's a POS for always pushing policies that hurt people in his same predicament but not "lucky" enough to have a River Oaks tree fall on them.    

And that he caters to the Pizzagate/Q-Anon conspiracy groups with his words.  He knows that it's all bs.

I don't fault Abbott for receiving as much money as he did from his lawsuit/settlement for his permanent paralysis but to me, he's a POS for always pushing policies that hurt people in his same predicament but not "lucky" enough to have a River Oaks tree fall on them.    
And that he caters to the Pizzagate/Q-Anon conspiracy groups with his words.  He knows that it's all bs.

That's why I have a special disdain for him and Cruz. They know better. I buy that men like Goeb and Sid Miller are just retarded. Not so much for those two.

10 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

6 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

I wouldn't get so excited. As energized as Team Blue is, Team Red has been watching that and go themselves all spun up.

WaPo has an inspiring article of the 90 year old lady that came out of hospice in Grand Prairie to vote for the first time in her life before she died because of how important this election is.  She voted Thursday, died Monday.   Straight Ticket Red.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

WaPo has an inspiring article of the 90 year old lady that came out of hospice in Grand Prairie to vote for the first time in her life before she died because of how important this election is.  She voted Thursday, died Monday.   Straight Ticket Red.

At least the story had a happy ending?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not subscribing to read the article, but a very quick Google search says that we turn away almost 90% of those from Mexico, and about 80% of those from other Latin American countries, including the ones to caravan came from.