Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Actually, I’m Mexican. My roots in this area go back to Tejas.

Truth is truth.

Fuck off.

Hmmm...my first known ancestor in Texas came in across the Indian Territory (now Arkansas) border in the early 1830s, and was not a part of the Old 300.  So dfinitely illegals. 

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not necessarily targeted at you, but I hear this at my wife’s church or on Facebook or whatever all the time  

“I am sorry that this is happening, and I don’t think it’s right.”

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.  

A week or a month later, they are still supporting the same political party that is impletemnting these policies.  They are still good little Republicans.  None of these are Trump policies, these are GOP policies, because the GOP Chairwoman declared that the GOP was the party of Trump, and more importantly, the Republican-led Congress signs off on these policies.  

“I don’t have a say in policies, but I don’t support them, and I’m truly sorry they are happening.”

You don’t have a direct say in policy-making and what the GOP supports, but if enough people in the GOP were truly upset and sorry about these kinds of things, and if they left the GOP, it would cause the GOP to change those policies.  They would pressure Trump and McConnel and Graham, etc. to change.  

But nothing changes.  

Because most of the people who say they feel sorry about such things don’t have a fucking spine. They aren’t willing to go against the home team.  Because ultimately, that’s who they are, they just don’t want others to realize it.  

there no issues. there is R v D. thats it. save some of those words man. 

50 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump is doing a good job for the country.  Sometimes scummy people can be good leaders.  See Bill Clinton.  

Good leader?  As an educated adult who has interacted with people with IQs over 100, there's no way you actually believe that.  If he fits your definition of good leadership, then I feel very sorry for you.

Actually I get off on calling out fake ass posers. A white guy calling himself “Beto”? GTFO with that shit.

What about the hispanic guy named Rafael calling himself Ted?

• Like 1

What about the hispanic guy named Rafael calling himself Ted?

Well his last name is CRUZ, so I don’t care. It’s up to your side to call that out.

And real talk. If my brown-skinned, brown-eyed, black hair cholo self went around telling people my nickname is “Chase” or “Worthington”, you guys would chuckle in my face.

• Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It unfortunately means that I have to put aside all of my other political beliefs. I have become a one-issue voter.

Me too.  Seems like it's the same issue, too.  Who'd have ever thought that "For fuck's sake, be a decent fucking human being" would be a dividing line political issue, but here we are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Well his last name is CRUZ, so I don’t care. It’s up to your side to call that out.

And real talk. If my brown-skinned, brown-eyed, black hair cholo self went around telling people my nickname is “Chase” or “Worthington”, you guys would chuckle in my face.

Would chase or wothington be a nickname for the name Robert? Because Beto is. 

35 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Brought up in response to what I feel is an outsized response people have to elections, generally speaking , ON BOTH Sides. The sun comes up tomorrow no matter what and knee jerk and ridiculous posts of "How do I rationalize this election to my child" is stupid no matter who wins. The point of posting that video was to mock outsized, hysterical, mentally ill responses to things that do not warrant them (in my opinion) and is why it was accompanied with "what could make you really scream like that, maybe the death of your child?"

You do not understand that there actually are people suffering under Trump specifically because of Trump. You see people upset and you think they're like you, insulated from the suffering caused by white supremacy. That is how right-wing trolls think, which is what you are.

You have no idea who that woman is or what her situation is. None. You just repost Hillary thread crap because you're a troll.

You're not angry, hateful troll, you're a gormless one. You're a simpleton troll.

• Like 1

As a Latino, it doesn't bother you that Rafael Cruz chose to go by Ted Cruz so he wouldn't be too Latino to get rich and powerful?  Isn't that selling out?

Edited by TexArcher

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

Well, if those were just randomly-selected self-appointed nicknames, yeah, we'd laugh at you.  Kinda like the fat dude with no social skills who insists that people call him "ladykiller."

But for those of us who know ANYTHING about the border, we know that almost EVERYONE there has a nickname, usually of spanish origin, even if their given name is anglo.  But, what would I know.  I'm just a kid of a border family who has a spanish given name, and answers to four different names, depending on the crowd I'm with -- my given name, my spanish nickname, and two english nicknames.  I don't think it's a big deal at all.  Because I'm not a shallow little bitch.

I think being a lying sack of shit who sucks up to a man who repeatedly humiliated your family, and not even bothering to show up to do the job that you owe millions of Texans, well, those are bigger deals for Rafael "Ted" Cruz.  I don't care what his name or nickname is.  I care about what he actually is: a worthless piece of shit in it only for himself.

• Like 4

As a Latino, it doesn't bother you that Rafael Cruz chose to go by Ted Cruz so he wouldn't be too Latino to get rich and powerful?  Isn't that selling out?

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. The rich pull all the strings in this world. He’s just hustling. We all hustle. Some have a better hustle than others.

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I'm white and grew up and South Texas and know white guys with nicknames of Dos, Tres, Quattro and Cinco. Are they posers? My first name in James (don't dox me bros) and a lot of my friends both white and mexican call me "Jaime" as a nickname. Am I a poser? 

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. The rich pull all the strings in this world. He’s just hustling. We all hustle. Some have a better hustle than others.

Do you think Beto asked to be called that in order to run for political office in Texas? As if trying to convert a red state to blue would be EASIER with a Mexican-sounding name?

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So Latino Rafael can use a white nickname and that's good hustling.

But if white Robert uses a Latino nickname, he's a fraud.

That's a really stupid take.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

So you're ok with Rafael changing his nickname (which was Felito, but he didn't like being teased about it in school), but the guy from El Paso that was given the nickname Beto by his family to differentiate him from his grandfather (I think?) of the same first name, is a pendejo?  He didnt tack the name on when he became a politician, he grew up with it.  Worst case, his family are pendejos, but the dude has been Beto all his life.  

Edit: I should add that I went to HS in El Paso for 6 months and my nickname was wedo, so this all hits close to home.  

Edited by TXSG8R

Typical

He gets mad because Beto's childhood nickname given to him by his neighborhood peeps, but when told about Cruz trying to be more white by calling himself "Ted" that same poster all of a sudden doesn't have an issue and makes an excuse.  

Cruz doesn't even speak Spanish.

Cruz REFUSED to campaign to Hispanics in ANY area of Texas

And no where did Beto "pretend" he was Mexican.  That's your ignorant dumb ass believing that.  

Fuck outta here. 

• Like 5

I will say that I've never felt better about casting a vote than I did for Beto.  I usually vote because I'm supposed to, or because one is the lesser of two evils, and so on.

But I was actually proud to vote for Beto.  I think he's got a bright future no matter what happens tonight.

Now let's get to it...

• Like 8

I discovered yesterday that my twin 4-year-olds recognize Ted Cruz signs (I knew that they recognized Beto signs, as we have one in our yard, but there really aren't many Cruz signs in my neighborhood).  One will say "There's a Ted Cruz sign" and the other will say "We don't want Ted Cruz to win!"

Then they asked me why we don't want Ted Cruz to win.  In what I hope is a lesson that resonates in their little minds, my only response was "he is very selfish, and we don't like selfish people."  

It sometimes really is as simple as that.

• Like 2