Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I know it is really early, but Beto fighting Williamson and Tarrant to essential draws in EV, and being ahead with absolutely no data from Harris, Bexar, Travis, or El Paso is encouraging. 

I'm only seeing one precinct from Williamson on NYT. Wouldn't be surprised if he won that county but it's early.

Just now, The Dog said:

I'm only seeing one precinct from Williamson on NYT. Wouldn't be surprised if he won that county but it's early.

My understanding is that those are counties that have reported EV totals. No single precinct has 150k voters. 

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

Wow. 

Something else to watch is the difference between Texas Governor and Senate. Those are basically the cross-over republicans. 

They showed it on CNN for a hot second. Greg winning 52-46 or something. Didn't catch the vote totals.I doubt that lasts but that is a serious Beto coattail effect for Lupe regardless.  

U.S. Senator
Precincts: 134 / 7987 (2% reporting)
Beto O'Rourke (D)
1931277(52%)
Ted Cruz (R)
1749749(47%)
Neal M. Dikeman (L)
23103(1%)
Last Updated: 11/6/2018 7:44:52 PM
Vote Total: 3704129

Governor
Precincts: 90 / 7987 (1% reporting)
Greg Abbott (R)
1767845(54%)
Lupe Valdez (D)
1428292(44%)
Mark Jay Tippetts (L)
51950(2%)
Vote Total: 3248087

LT. Governor
Precincts: 86 / 7987 (1% reporting)
Dan Patrick (R)
1602437(50%)
Mike Collier (D)
1533780(48%)
Kerry Douglas McKennon (L)
64064(2%)
Vote Total: 3200281

Attorney General
Precincts: 86 / 7987 (1% reporting)
Ken Paxton (R)
1568134(49%)
Justin Nelson (D)
1555966(49%)
Michael Ray Harris (L)
71057(2%)
Vote Total: 3195157

AG. Commissioner
Precincts: 101 / 7987 (1% reporting)
Sid Miller (R)
1383863(50%)
Kim Olson (D)
1318015(48%)
Richard Carpenter (L)
60060(2%)

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They showed it on CNN for a hot second. Greg winning 52-46 or something. Didn't catch the vote totals.I doubt that lasts but that is a serious Beto coattail effect for Lupe regardless.  

Lupe isn't qualified to be Governor.  Abbott is the only Republican in the top races that I voted for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Lupe isn't qualified to be Governor.  Abbott is the only Republican in the top races that I voted for.

Agreed, honestly. I voted for her because I despise Abbott and Libertarians are a joke but I had no illusions about her winning. Considered it a throwaway. 

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Same, though Abbott is approaching Perry's cronyism with his appointees around the State. He is getting dangerously close to me voting against him every time regardless of opponent.

Yeah I'm not crazy about Abbott but I couldn't take Lupe seriously. What a terrible candidate. 

Just now, gmr548 said:

Agreed, honestly. I voted for her because I despise Abbott and Libertarians are a joke but I had no illusions about her winning. Considered it a throwaway. 

If the Libertarians actually put forth a good candidate, I would have voted for them.  But, I went with Abbott.  I went Collier for Lt. Gov, but I was always going to do that.  I really like him.  

I am in the 2nd House District, and the Libertarian Candidate for that had a response to the immigration question of, "Build the Wall."  It is like he doesn't actually know that Libertarians would be for the free movement of Labor, and so a wall is actually very much against what a Libertarian should stand for.  Fucking awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Same, though Abbott is approaching Perry's cronyism with his appointees around the State. He is getting dangerously close to me voting against him every time regardless of opponent.

I voted against him specifically because he caved to the Jade Helm cowards.  There was a chance to show leadership and he collapsed like a weak oak tree.  He's not a serious person.

Spineless bastard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Lol. Of course you’d vote for the dude spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.   Fascist trash. 

Just now, Fozzz said:

Lol. Of course you’d vote for the dude spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.   Fascist trash. 

You do realize that Governor has little to no power in Texas, yes?  I am not a big Abbott fan, but if we get hit by another Harvey, I would rather have him in charge than the other candidates.  A bigger issue for Harris County is that I hope Ed Emmett is re-elected.  

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

So is this good or bad so far? It's so hard to tell so early.

Depends on the color of your shades I guess. The early voting margins in big counties, even R strongholds, are encouraging across the board. Who knows if they hold. That he is able to cling to a lead with no votes from Harris or EP in has to be considered a good thing though. 

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If the Libertarians actually put forth a good candidate, I would have voted for them.  But, I went with Abbott.  I went Collier for Lt. Gov, but I was always going to do that.  I really like him.  

I am in the 2nd House District, and the Libertarian Candidate for that had a response to the immigration question of, "Build the Wall."  It is like he doesn't actually know that Libertarians would be for the free movement of Labor, and so a wall is actually very much against what a Libertarian should stand for.  Fucking awful.

Automatic pos rep for voting against Goeb. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harris reporting early 58-42 for Beto.  few points better for Beto than Hillary.

Turnout is huge there. 

And as far as Cruz catching up. I beleive what we've seen is the early vote come in for big counties first, followed by early vote plus from the rural counties. Plus Houston and El Paso outstanding.

Anyone following this really closely know how Beto's doing against benchmarks? How's turnout estimates looking?