The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Perfect R. 

"Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours. I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here," he continued in his July 2nd tweets.

Within days of those tweets, Ducey was spotted wearing Nikes out in public.

The  Republican Party was started mainly by rich northern elites who opposed southern black slavery.

While opposing slavery is of course a noble goal, it should be noted that the people who opposed it did not economically benefit from it. And in fact, it could be argued that slavery affected their balance sheet negatively due to competition, wages, etc, etc. 

Over time the party has modified its stances on a number of issues but it has never not been ruled by rich elites, even if a lot of them moved south to California, Texas and Florida. The rest of the republicans like slorch are merely sheeple who are to be manipulated based on whatever they figure out triggers them. Whether it be brown, immigrants, gays, abortions, or whatever. 

Trump coming along has changed the calculus because he’s explicitly saying what the owners have long been implicitly saying, that hey white people, you’re losing your country. It used to be the blacks but now it’s become the Browns. But problems arise when you say that explicitly. 

To make a long story short, we may be witnessing the end of the Republican Party.   It’s numbers among the young are atrocious and unlike the baby boomers, it’s not changing over time. Once the party loses its utilization among the elites, it’s dead. And they’ll then start something new. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The  Republican Party was started mainly by rich northern elites who opposed southern black slavery.

While opposing slavery is of course a noble goal, it should be noted that the people who opposed it did not economically benefit from it. And in fact, it could be argued that slavery affected their balance sheet negatively due to competition, wages, etc, etc. 

Over time the party has modified its stances on a number of issues but it has never not been ruled by rich elites, even if a lot of them moved south to California, Texas and Florida. The rest of the republicans like slorch are merely sheeple who are to be manipulated based on whatever they figure out triggers them. Whether it be brown, immigrants, gays, abortions, or whatever. 

Trump coming along has changed the calculus because he’s explicitly saying what the owners have long been implicitly saying, that hey white people, you’re losing your country. It used to be the blacks but now it’s become the Browns. But problems arise when you say that explicitly. 

To make a long story short, we may be witnessing the end of the Republican Party.   It’s numbers among the young are atrocious and unlike the baby boomers, it’s not changing over time. Once the party loses its utilization among the elites, it’s dead. And they’ll then start something new. 

This is classic. You people really do live in a different universe. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, retread said:

I love that guy

It gets better.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-burger-king-customers-tell-spanish-speaking-manager-go-back-n1028581

“There is no place for discrimination in our restaurants," Dori Alvarez, a Burger King spokesperson, said. "We expect employees and guests to treat each other with respect.”

There's no way she was randomly selected to make a statement to the media.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkleton said:

This is classic. You people really do live in a different universe. 

Where's the replacements for the olds in the GOP as they die off?  Look at some of the core elements of what makes those older GOP voters who they are - many of those things aren't around anymore, and the younger generations are going to be facing a lot more stress/financial insecurity as they get older.  

The GOP can't play to that fear and anger like they can to the older generation, because the younger generations are watching Turtle, Trump, etc. fuck over the country and fuck over the lower classes and not giving a rat's ass about the younger generations.  Shit, McConnell openly laughs about stuff that fucks over younger people, and younger people are taking notice.

Hell, if the younger generations would get off their asses and get into the voting booth next year, the GOP would be finished right then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Where's the replacements for the olds in the GOP as they die off?  Look at some of the core elements of what makes those older GOP voters who they are - many of those things aren't around anymore, and the younger generations are going to be facing a lot more stress/financial insecurity as they get older.  

The GOP can't play to that fear and anger like they can to the older generation, because the younger generations are watching Turtle, Trump, etc. fuck over the country and fuck over the lower classes and not giving a rat's ass about the younger generations.  Shit, McConnell openly laughs about stuff that fucks over younger people, and younger people are taking notice.

Hell, if the younger generations would get off their asses and get into the voting booth next year, the GOP would be finished right then.

Nov 2020 will not go well for this board.

• Haha 1

Which one of you scared old white guys has been hanging out on Anderson Lane this morning?

8db5f7cc468b5cf85e263a2f86e89329.jpg

The boy and I drove by that idiot on the way to Whataburger....just shook our damned heads.

We also were in line behind a MAGA family at LAX yesterday coming home. They were every stereotype. Dad wearing a new MAGA hat in a diverse city and airport, to be a dick. Flat face. Beer belly. Two boys who looked and sounded like Walker and Texas Ranger from Talladega Nights. Chubby, wearing flat billed Dodgers hats with sunglasses perched on top - two little racist douches in training. Mom wearing a red shirt, didn’t bother to read it.

These assholes run our country. That’s where we are. Caricatures run our country.

waiting for a single Republican - on this board, in the House or Senate, or, anywhere in the United States for that matter ... to do the right thing and stand up and denounce Trump's hatred and racism.

yeah, still waiting. 

they don't denounce it because they actively support and endorse it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

waiting for a single Republican - on this board, in the House or Senate, or, anywhere in the United States for that matter ... to do the right thing and stand up and denounce Trump's hatred and racism.

yeah, still waiting. 

they don't denounce it because they actively support and endorse it.  

As do all their supporters.  (see every aggy everywhere)

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The boy and I drove by that idiot on the way to Whataburger....just shook our damned heads.

We also were in line behind a MAGA family at LAX yesterday coming home. They were every stereotype. Dad wearing a new MAGA hat in a diverse city and airport, to be a dick. Flat face. Beer belly. Two boys who looked and sounded like Walker and Texas Ranger from Talladega Nights. Chubby, wearing flat billed Dodgers hats with sunglasses perched on top - two little racist douches in training. Mom wearing a red shirt, didn’t bother to read it.

These assholes run our country. That’s where we are. Caricatures run our country.

They must die a little every time they attend a Dodgers game and see thousands of Latinos decked out in Dodgers apparel.

What is saddest to me about the GOP as a whole (elected officials in particular) is the complete and total lack of courage to insist our President act morally and decently. I honestly believed that while the endless GOP Bible thumping was mostly political, I also believed many moral, well meaning people were simply believing, what I saw as lip service to Christianity.  But as Trump has lowered our country into the gutter more and more and more, those people I thought were well meaning moral Christians have proven themselves to simply not be moral,  nor Christian or nor well meaning.  And to me that is especially sad.  Openly terribly racist comments, referiing to Nazi's as part of "good people on both sides" and telling non-white freshmen congress women to "go back to where they came from" are embraced by those folks that I honestly considered Christians, and moral people.

That to me is the saddest thing of all.  Sexual assault has been embraced. Paying off lovers to hide it from the people has been embraced. Removing kids from their parents and putting kids in cages has been embraced. Kind words about Nazi's have been embraced. Obstruction of justice has been embraced. A rejection of any accountability has been embraced.  It's hard for me to consider the people embracing these things as moral or well meaning.  I expecially cannot view them as Christian, but I am not as selective in picking Bible passages as some...

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, retread said:

You gotta respect Sanford for playing 4-D chess and trying to squeeze/grift some more blood out of the RushFoxHannity turnip. Everybody else is irresponsible. I will restore fiscal sanity.

But how will he be able to pin that on Obama? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What is saddest to me about the GOP as a whole (elected officials in particular) is the complete and total lack of courage to insist our President act morally and decently. I honestly believed that while the endless GOP Bible thumping was mostly political, I also believed many moral, well meaning people were simply believing, what I saw as lip service to Christianity.  But as Trump has lowered our country into the gutter more and more and more, those people I thought were well meaning moral Christians have proven themselves to simply not be moral,  nor Christian or nor well meaning.  And to me that is especially sad.  Openly terribly racist comments, referiing to Nazi's as part of "good people on both sides" and telling non-white freshmen congress women to "go back to where they came from" are embraced by those folks that I honestly considered Christians, and moral people.

That to me is the saddest thing of all.  Sexual assault has been embraced. Paying off lovers to hide it from the people has been embraced. Removing kids from their parents and putting kids in cages has been embraced. Kind words about Nazi's have been embraced. Obstruction of justice has been embraced. A rejection of any accountability has been embraced.  It's hard for me to consider the people embracing these things as moral or well meaning.  I expecially cannot view them as Christian, but I am not as selective in picking Bible passages as some...

For the most part, the Republican Party leaders have always been cold blooded calculators.  It has always been their wheelhouse, at least in my lifetime.  There are some exceptions to the rule but most of them were sociopaths with no morals or ideology before Trump.  The difference is, before Trump, pandering to our better angels with facts, reason, and lip service to the truth used to be politically savvy.   Trump/Putin/McConnell/Tea Party/Religious Right/NRA/Rush/FoxNews kinda fucked it all up. 

Many democrats are cold blooded calculators too but they’re not exactly on the same level of hired thugs and mercenaries as the GOP. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, Brisketexan said:

Then you realize the other side is full of dogshit ideas and don’t play the game as well. We are all fucked, no lube

I wonder why this guy was ever considered to be morally superior to Trump and his ilk.  He made his fortune basically by stealing money that should have been paid out as pensions to ordinary, hard-working Americans.  This guy's not a coward, he's a blood sucking parasite.  He's just as evil as the rest of them.

Edited by Fozzz

Just listened to a guy make the case that there are a good amount of Rs who will "snap out of it" if the dotard goes away.

His main point is that they realize that the demographics of the party are shifting, or dying off, and they can't continue down this path and expect to win at the ballot box.
What he fails to mention is that they are attempting to overcome that by lying, cheating, and stealing.
Foreign conspiracy, voter suppression, outright fraud, whatever it takes.
If they do overcome that, there will be no great awakening, no coming back to sanity.  They will have re-written the system and continue down the path proven to work.

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just listened to a guy make the case that there are a good amount of Rs who will "snap out of it" if the dotard goes away.

His main point is that they realize that the demographics of the party are shifting, or dying off, and they can't continue down this path and expect to win at the ballot box.
What he fails to mention is that they are attempting to overcome that by lying, cheating, and stealing.
Foreign conspiracy, voter suppression, outright fraud, whatever it takes.
If they do overcome that, there will be no great awakening, no coming back to sanity.  They will have re-written the system and continue down the path proven to work.

I call that the Matt Mackowiak issue. Decent guy, knows and understands what the problems are, and yet he comes home to and carries water for the party no matter what and in so doing helps invest the party further in its own problems. Something has to give. Either the party wakes up, or our political system ceases to function.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I call that the Matt Mackowiak issue. Decent guy, knows and understands what the problems are, and yet he comes home to and carries water for the party no matter what and in so doing helps invest the party further in its own problems. Something has to give. Either the party wakes up, or our political system ceases to function.

I definitely repped this.  Matt is someone who....man, it's just hard to reconcile it all.  He's decent and smart enough to know that there's some SERIOUSLY F'd up stuff going on....but he's in too deep to do anything but carry water for a movement that, ultimately, is pure poison to his own party.

Here's the problem:

The Republic cannot long survive the GOP in its present form, which includes doubling and tripling down on its present form.  It is a party of unabashed racism/xenophobia/white nationalism, and shamelessly open strategies to disenfranchise any group that might tend to vote against them.

But the GOP cannot survive EXCEPT in its present form; it has sold its soul to the white nationalist identity, and the base will accept no substitute.

At every step along the way, the Republic is being presented with lose-lose propositions.  Which is kinda my entire point with the ledge and whatnot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I definitely repped this.  Matt is someone who....man, it's just hard to reconcile it all.  He's decent and smart enough to know that there's some SERIOUSLY F'd up stuff going on....but he's in too deep to do anything but carry water for a movement that, ultimately, is pure poison to his own party.

Here's the problem:

The Republic cannot long survive the GOP in its present form, which includes doubling and tripling down on its present form.  It is a party of unabashed racism/xenophobia/white nationalism, and shamelessly open strategies to disenfranchise any group that might tend to vote against them.

But the GOP cannot survive EXCEPT in its present form; it has sold its soul to the white nationalist identity, and the base will accept no substitute.

At every step along the way, the Republic is being presented with lose-lose propositions.  Which is kinda my entire point with the ledge and whatnot.

And cross-posting this quote from another thread, sure seems like they are setting themselves up to steal an election:

The AG is his personal attack dog. The Sen Maj Leader assures that very little legislation is considered. Many cabinet positions are now acting and not Senate confirmed. It's only going to get worse.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult