The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Keep it up, GOP. Have the GOP exec defy SCOTUS orders. Create the constitutional crisis.

Meanwhile, the rest of us need to be dusting off the drawings for making guillotines.

That’s the problem with completely discarding the rule of law. You’re left with the rule of the gun/blade. The mistake is when you think you own the only ones.

14 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

The person who claims that AOC didn't tour the facility when there are pictures of her touring the facility want to claim she's a liar.  Hey dumb fuck, she's not a liar; you're just a gullible idiot who falls for easily refuted lies coming from right wing fake news websites.  

14 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

The person who claims that AOC didn't tour the facility when there are pictures of her touring the facility wants to claim she's a liar.  Hey dumb fuck, she's not a liar; you're just a gullible idiot who falls for easily refuted lies coming from right wing fake news websites.  

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

The person who claims that AOC didn't tour the facility when there are pictures of her touring the facility wants to claim she's a liar.  Hey dumb fuck, she's not a liar; you're just a gullible idiot who falls for easily refuted lies coming from right wing fake news websites.  

When there's abuse in the system, who do you believe: the abused or the abusers? 

Wait, we know the GOP will always fall on the side of the abuser.  Because the abused deserved it or is unreliable. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Keep it up, GOP. Have the GOP exec defy SCOTUS orders. Create the constitutional crisis.

Meanwhile, the rest of us need to be dusting off the drawings for making guillotines.

That’s the problem with completely discarding the rule of law. You’re left with the rule of the gun/blade. The mistake is when you think you own the only ones.

So let's say they do this.  Census gets sent out WITH the question.  What happens?  Census would have to be delayed, no?  What are the consequences of defying a SCOTUS order?

So let's say they do this.  Census gets sent out WITH the question.  What happens?  Census would have to be delayed, no?  What are the consequences of defying a SCOTUS order?

Injunction.

Enforced by law enforcement, who would seize questionnaires. And if they defy the order, then they could be held in contempt. And jailed, by other law enforcement. If you want to see how the Republic falls apart, have cop against cop enforcing/defying court orders. That’s how the first shots - literally - get fired.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Injunction.

Enforced by law enforcement, who would seize questionnaires. And if they defy the order, then they could be held in contempt. And jailed, by other law enforcement. If you want to see how the Republic falls apart, have cop against cop enforcing/defying court orders. That’s how the first shots - literally - get fired.

Well that sounds like a good time.

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Injunction.

So more of follow the rules cause you are supposed to, but shit, we can't really do anything if you don't? 

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Injunction.

I fully expect this to happen if Trump ever actually has his way.  Instead I think we probably have another example of subordinates openly disregarding Trump's orders.  There's no way Trump released the forms to the printers without the question on them.  Someone else made that decision without him.

So more of follow the rules cause you are supposed to, but shit, we can't really do anything if you don't? 
Every one of these conflicts is Trump dipping his toes into the warm pool of authoritarianism. Declaring an emergency at the border, reappropriating funds, etc. By next year, he'll be on to even bigger things.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

McConnell strikes again! 

If this country ever goes to civil war, the first thing to do is invade Kentucky and burn Mitch’s house down Sherman style.

In the interest in full disclosure did you pay any federal tax and is so how much?  I’m not interested in your income I’m just curious how many people know how few actually pay in.   

Edited by SDG

In the interest in full disclosure did you pay any federal tax and is so how much?  I’m not interested in your income I’m just curious how many people know how few actually pay in.   

I’m aware because it once bothered me, too.

I grew the fuck up.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz

Hey isn't Tucker on not being racist?

Still waiting on someone to post an actual credible new source but that’s probably not gonna happen (snopes isn’t credible and they haven’t been for a while).  Instead we have folks championing a Twitter sjw without actually fact checking shit...   

my question still stands; do you pay federal taxes or should the rest of us pay your tab?  

In full disclosure; I pay mine and am happy to do so as long as it’s going to fruitful causes that aren’t purely virtue signaling for votes.   

Edited by SDG

44 minutes ago, SDG said:

Still waiting on someone to post an actual credible new source but that’s probably not gonna happen (snopes isn’t credible and they haven’t been for a while).  Instead we have folks championing a Twitter sjw without actually fact checking shit...   

my question still stands; do you pay federal taxes or should the rest of us pay your tab?  

In full disclosure; I pay mine and am happy to do so as long as it’s going to fruitful causes that aren’t purely virtue signaling for votes.   

What the hell are you talking about with sources?  The NYT piece about Kentucky?

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

7/8/19. Trump:  I hearby declare a National Emergency with the 2020 Census.  This emergency demands that I add the citizen question with non-answer punishable by death.  Furthermore this Nation Emergency demands that only non-hispanic whites be counted for the census. 

SCOTUS-  We must only call balls and strikes and this one is right up the constitutional middle!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What the hell are you talking about with sources?  The NYT piece about Kentucky?

He got bitch slapped claiming Tucker wasn’t racist, then when presented with quotes of Tucker being racist, which are not hard to find, he ran away like a bitch. 

2 hours ago, SDG said:

What's with your bizarre tax question? I'm willing to bet almost all of the board pays taxes. I pay federal taxes, and living in California, I pay a shit ton of state taxes. So no, I help pick the tab up for the red states. This will probably blow your mind, but I'd be happy to pay more taxes for the right shit, like reversing the damage we have done to the environment. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What's with your bizarre tax question? I'm willing to bet almost all of the board pays taxes. I pay federal taxes, and living in California, I pay a shit ton of state taxes. So no, I help pick the tab up for the red states. This will probably blow your mind, but I'd be happy to pay more taxes for the right shit, like reversing the damage we have done to the environment. 

he's about to trot out the misleading "44% of people don't pay federal income tax" line as a proxy for federal taxes, the implication being that people who don't pay income tax shouldn't have as much of a say.  that playbook goes back as far as i can remember, but really ramped up after bush increased the EITC, which brought a lot of peoples' federal income tax payments to $0 (or lower).  of course, you still have to file to use that. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, SDG said:

ORLY?

More analysis, with tables illustrating the balance of payments, including Kentucky's at about $40B, or $9100 for every man, woman and child in the state. that's not surprising because Red States are generally more dependent than blue states.

Yes, I pay Federal income taxes, not that it's relevant to anything. There's your fact check, so go ahead and piss right off with your "virtue signalling" bullshit.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5

Red states might generally be sick and fucking tired of being 'more dependent; while the blue states support other people having to be bogged down by such dependency.

spin, spin, spin...

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult