The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

That may be the case, but at least in the info posted by Anastasis, the amendment Amash was pushing  in 2018 was to be attached to a bill dealing specifically with FISA. That makes a hell of a lot more sense than sneaking equivalent language into a spending appropriations bill. The practice of ramrodding legislation through by attaching amendments to completely unrelated bills pisses me off. I admit I don't have a well thought out alternative to the status quo, but that won't stop me from angrily shaking my fist at the clouds.  
Lots of states have in their parliamentary procedure prohibitions against tacking unrelated legislation together.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And to think, this is supposed to be the not repulsive senator from Texas

We're so lucky to have a strong Hispanic culture in Texas.  If you can't see that the problem isn't with them its with you.

Now let me get some more tacos all pastor por favor.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

Republicans, any comment?

going in this thread and the DACA thread bc whiskey. (Rebel Yell)

Damn. My default setting of trying to just keep being able to laugh at how sinister a huge portion of my environment is getting is completely useless here. This is truly sad. These people are fervently arguing terms of ambiguity that defy logic simply to be allowed to inflict pain and cruelty on children. The cost isn't really their concern. Creating a deterrent isn't the goal. The only purpose for this stance is to make a public display of how they want to be cruel and hurtful to children who made no choice to arrive in their present circumstance. They're proud of it and they consider it politically beneficial. And it probably is politically beneficial. 

Even the Obama Administration burned and scattered the limbs of children across an entire continent without having to look anyone in the eye to explain how it made us safer, so I guess we might as well start inflicting atrocity on our home soil. Stand tall and fight hard to deprive children of basic hygiene, safety and human dignity. Proudly argue our position that a concrete floor and a piece of foil is all they deserve. Deprive them of warmth. Not just metaphorically, literally deprive them of warmth.

Can't think of anything pithy to add here. Hilarious. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Deprive them of warmth. Not just metaphorically, literally deprive them of warmth.

Can't think of anything pithy to add here. Hilarious. 

IIRC, children suffering under zero tolerance separations were not allowed to receive hugs from visitors bringing them toys.

10 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

LOCK HER UP!

Liberal and voted for Obama apparently.... This almost went away quietly.  LOL.  Privilege.  smh.

The daughter of former tough-on-crime Mayor Rudy Giuliani was busted yesterday for pilfering products from a trendy cosmetics store near her Upper East Side home, police said.

Caroline Giuliani, 20, a theater student at Harvard, was caught on security cameras at Sephora on East 86th Street allegedly stuffing makeup into her jacket pocket shortly before 2 p.m.

She was confronted by a sales clerk and a store security guard, who called cops.

Sources said she allegedly stole five items, worth slightly more than $100. She had about $320 on her, they added.

As security waited for cops, Caroline handed over her ID and said, “I’m an actress,” a police source said. When asked if she was related to the former mayor, she replied, “Yes, I’m his daughter.”

At that point, store managers had a change of heart — but it was too late.

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Nah it was stupid bringing his name into this. The morale of the story is don't throw stones in a glass house.

Lol.  You posted about a person who supports Democrats in the pub thread.  She very publicly came out for Obama while her father was actively running for the nomination.  And it’s in the fucking article.  At least troll in the Rudy thread.  

The Oregon Capitol was closed Saturday because of a "possible militia threat" from right-wing protesters as a walkout by Republican lawmakers over landmark climate change legislation dragged on.

Republican state senators fled the Legislature — and some, the state — earlier this week to deny the majority Democrats enough votes to take up the climate bill, which would dramatically reduce fossil fuel emissions by 2050. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/militia-threat-shuts-down-oregon-capitol-amid-walkout-republican-lawmakers-n1020696

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Oregon Capitol was closed Saturday because of a "possible militia threat" from right-wing protesters as a walkout by Republican lawmakers over landmark climate change legislation dragged on.

Yeah, but did they vote for Obama?  We really need to know before we judge their actions...

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Like 1

Republican state senators fled the Legislature — and some, the state — earlier this week to deny the majority Democrats enough votes to take up the climate bill, which would dramatically reduce fossil fuel emissions by 2050. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/militia-threat-shuts-down-oregon-capitol-amid-walkout-republican-lawmakers-n1020696

Terrorists.

Too bad Oregon caved. Exactly the wrong message.
  • Like 1

The Oregon GOP Twitter account claims they were just making a joke, you know, as one does about militias strong arming the local government. 

It’s arguably more disturbing that they can’t understand why their “prank tweet” about supporting an armed insurrection isn’t going over well. 

If there was a way to reasonably stop Trumpism, it would probably look a lot like the US constitution. 

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If there was a way to reasonably stop Trumpism, it would probably look a lot like the US constitution. 

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"Have you seen the actual Constitution?  It's so faded out, that no one knows any longer what the real words say, and you can't take pictures of it to prove what it really says! And everything else is made up by the Deep State!

-MAGA folks and the GOP years from now when doing things that are blatantly unconstitutional.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult