Maniac(Netflix)-Emma stone/Jonah hill

RockyMountainHighHorn

Annie Landsberg and Owen Milgrim are two strangers who are drawn to the late stages of a mysterious pharmaceutical trial. Each has a different reason for participating in the experiment -- she is disaffected and aimless, fixated on broken relationships with her mother and sister, while he has struggled throughout his life with a disputed diagnosis of schizophrenia. The radical treatment, using pills that the inventor claims can repair anything about the mind, draws Annie, Owen and 10 other subjects into a three-day drug trial that they're told will permanently solve all of their problems, with no complications or side effects. Unfortunately, things don't go as planned.

This just came out last night, cant beat having a blonde Emma stone in anything although, she doesn't look as good. I watched the first three episodes last night and must say I am very intrigued. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

On 9/29/2018 at 7:36 PM, Facemask said:

He takes the douche Jersey wearing asshole thing to a whole other level tucking it into his slacks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's not a costume? I rarely care about how somebody dresses, but that's an abomination.

If he's going to get tailoring, he ought to go classic with sport coats and such. This is really trying way too hard.

I was watching it but finally had to stop during the episode where he was the blonde guy with the stupid name and accent who was like an alien or something? Couldn’t take it anymore, don’t really care about how it wraps up. The one guy I thought was funny was the Asian scientist who OD’ed on crack early on. That guy was funny.

Funniest line was when Jonah Hill was talking to him on the phone at a party and the music (the police) were playing in the background and he suddenly asks “is Sting at your party?”

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, futureman said:

I’m on episode 5?  not sure how I feel about it.  what do y’all think of that?

What do I think about you not being sure how you feel about it? I think it’s kind of lame. The visuals, the mood, the characters, the humor, and the weirdness are all great, in my opinion. The story itself takes a back seat, but you shouldn’t be deterred by that. Look the first True Detective, not coincidentally made by the same guy. The story was meh, but the mood...the mood of that show was unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...