Charles Omenihu

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was looking around for photos of him to see how long his arms are and I'd have to say that they are indeed freakishly long.

i-hjpXdGf-X3.jpg

Those arms are indeed freakishly, Charlie Strong index finger type long. 

Great to see Charles O getting much deserved love.  Guy came here when we weren’t shit to be part of the rebuild, put in the work. It’s time to get paid.  

17 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Those arms are indeed freakishly, Charlie Strong index finger type long. 

Great to see Charles O getting much deserved love.  Guy came here when we weren’t shit to be part of the rebuild, put in the work. It’s time to get paid.  

I may have inadvertently photoshopped those arms to make them just a little bit more raptor-like than they really are.  Inadvertently. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was looking around for photos of him to see how long his arms are and I'd have to say that they are indeed freakishly long.
i-hjpXdGf-X3.jpg

28 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I may have inadvertently photoshopped those arms to make them just a little bit more raptor-like than they really are.  Inadvertently. :)

When a photo makes it look like a player can tie his shoes without leaning over, it tends to be a little obvious that there was some photoshopping going on.

That being said, I just started cackling at my monitor when I saw that photo. Perhaps it's due to carry over from a Machinator post on the 2019 Recruiting Thread...

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Chiropractor? Guy next door?

Count me the fuck in.

Today is a funny day on Surly.

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Charles O is #3

Three B12 players and ZERO sec players... hmm

• Charles O was GREAT..... so happy for him.
  • OL from K-State (Risner)  is a stud with a nasty streak.
  • Jennings WR  from WVU is a meh.....

Keeping it real there was an aggie named Keke that seemed to play well on DL at Senior Bowl too....

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Kingsley-Keke-Reeses-Senior-Bowl-128272598/

Edited by LTtxfan

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Keeping it real there was an aggie named Keke that seemed to play well on DL at Senior Bowl too....

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Kingsley-Keke-Reeses-Senior-Bowl-128272598/

SEC has plenty of good players but they get a TON of pub every year.  It's easy to over-hype them.  With all of the SEC-ESPN propaganda, people are surprised when they see the actual quality of teams and players in the Big XII.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, LTtxfan said:

I saw a couple of minutes on tv of the Senior Bowl practice. They highlighted Keke a couple of times. He loved to grab and pull offensive linemen towards him to get them off balance. It worked a couple of times. 

Omenihu's great game is paying off. In addition to the coverage noted in this thread, he is now showing up in some mock drafts in the first round. This one from CBS has him going late 1st to the Pats. The bad new for me is the Denver pick in this mock draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-nick-bosa-drops-from-no-1-senior-bowl-sends-dillard-samuel-omenihu-into-first-round/

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas: He has some physical traits that you love, including rare length, and he played really hard today. Some of his big plays were made off of effort and just not quitting on the play. He's not a finished product, but there's a lot to work with, and he helped himself in Mobile. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Dane Brugler has Omenihu going to New England at #56 in his latest mock: https://theathletic.com/797231/2019/02/05/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-3-0-a-trade-up-for-dwayne-haskins-in-this-two-round-scenario/

56. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas
With his large wingspan and inside-outside versatility on the defensive line, Omenihu is already looking at property in the New England area.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, Auto Driller said:

I never really appreciated how good Omenihu was until the last few games of his senior year. We're gonna miss him on the DL next year.

I agree.  I was kind of down on him after 3 years and thought he lacked bend and explosiveness.  He had a tremendous SR year and I hope he continues to improve. 

Don't get me wrong, I love to see him getting hyped and creating buzz around his name through pre-draft performance. He has put in a hell of a lot of work over the past four years and it great to see it pay off. I think he can definitely have a successful and lucrative pro career.

That said, first or second round seems like a reach.

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love to see him getting hyped and creating buzz around his name through pre-draft performance. He has put in a hell of a lot of work over the past four years and it great to see it pay off. I think he can definitely have a successful and lucrative pro career.

That said, first or second round seems like a reach.

It isn't actually. He's one of those prospects that didn't peak in college. His best football will be played in the league for sure.

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

Patriots could clean up in 2019 NFL Draft with 5 or 6 picks in first 3 Rounds.  Both Rounds 2 and 3 are supposed to loaded with best value in 2019 Draft.

Patriots will have their own pick in the first round, two picks in the second round (theirs and the Bears’) and as many as three picks in the third round. Those third-rounders include the Lions’ pick and two projected compensatory picks at the end of the round because of the departures of Nate Solder and Malcolm Butler in free agency.

Also, current discussions by pundits are wondering if Patriots may package a few picks to move up and grab a QB.

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...