Charles Omenihu

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Eyes of Texas:

I was able to catch up with three members of NFL teams who were in attendance at UT’s Pro Day, and here’s what they had to say about:

DE Charles Omenihu

“He weighed in at the combine at 280, and today he weighed in at 264 to show he could run faster, and he didn’t really run any faster. He was still in that 4.9 range.” … “He did OK today. He moved a little better through the bags today than he did at the combine. But he didn’t jump out and make anyone rethink who he is. He’s a guy with really nice, long 36-inch arms who is a little gangly and still trying to figure out how to use that length.” … “I think he might be surprised where he’s going to be drafted. I think he thinks he’s a first- or second-day guy, and I think he’s a Day Three guy.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, Tired of Lurking said:

Talked to him today. He said he’s expecting 2nd or 3rd, and has talked to almost every team. He’s also a very large man.

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

I know that Mock Drafts aren't sure things, but usually you get a general idea of what various GMs are telling the mockers.

I just read NFL.com's Chad Reuter's mock draft and he has 3 players from Texas getting drafted.

3rd Round: Charles Omenihu from "Texans" (81st pick) going to Minnesota Vikings

5th Round: Kris Boyd (147th, 9th pick in the 5th Round) going to Buffalo Bills

7th Round: Calvin Anderson (250th of 254 total picks) going to Minnesota Vikings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027100/article/chad-reuter-2019-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

23 hours ago, Machinator said:

Looking like mid-to-late 3rd round in recent mocks for Charles.

Any favorite teams for Charles??

Hope he gets picked today by a good organization with a great DL Coach...... really should be rewarded for his improvement this past season....

Good Luck CO.... 🤘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

There were some JAGs taken in the third. Omenihu and Boyd are starting to look like value picks, at least from here. (And Jalen Hurd in the third and LJH likely undrafted? Come the fuck on.)

Unless there are omissions that aren't mentioned, Gil Brandt doesn't have either Longhorn among his Top 150 Prospects. This seems a bit odd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027731/article/2019-nfl-draft-ryan-finley-among-best-prospects-remaining

But looking them up on the NFL Draft Prospect List, Boyd is predicted to be a 4th rounder and Omenihu is expected to be a 4th-5th rounder.

The Texans have been historically Longhorn adverse, but with Foreman and Omenihu, they’re making up for lost time. Two great Longhorns to have.

Charles will get to rush from the stand up and with his hand in the ground, almost always opposite of or behind Watt and Clowney, at least for one year. Should be a wonderful opportunity for him.

• Like 2