College Gameday in Dallas for Texas/OU

TexasFan21

Last few years I have stayed in Dallas but if you take the first TRE from Fort Worth Saturday morning it's smooth sailing. 
You get off at the AAC (Victory) and board the busses they have lined up to drive to the fair as they fill up. 
Last time we poured giant bloody mary and brought breakfast tacos for the ride. 
On the return you can take Dart back to either Union Station or Victory. 
Interesting, I'll consider this as well. We just moved to FW last year, and we drove all the way to fair park..but I'd like to avoid the parking and traffic shitshow this year.

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
33 minutes ago, TornACL said:
Last few years I have stayed in Dallas but if you take the first TRE from Fort Worth Saturday morning it's smooth sailing. 
You get off at the AAC (Victory) and board the busses they have lined up to drive to the fair as they fill up. 
Last time we poured giant bloody mary and brought breakfast tacos for the ride. 
On the return you can take Dart back to either Union Station or Victory. 

Interesting, I'll consider this as well. We just moved to FW last year, and we drove all the way to fair park..but I'd like to avoid the parking and traffic shitshow this year.

i did it a few years ago, it's pretty smooth ride. the way back was fairly crowded though

On 10/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, DDD Dad said:

Icehouse on the Midway.  The guy who owns it is a good friend of mine.

He also has a new place he opened last year right next to the UT entrance (west side at the 50).  Beer Barn.

366efcb94b83db60c7dd7a862fd637f9.jpg

All of his beers are 6 tickets, including Modelo Especial and some craft beers he's got (they're okay but nothing to write home about--made by Twin Peaks).

Golf Wang

• Haha 1

So Gameday is going to be outside by the Texas Star from 8-10 and then move inside the stadium from 10-11? That is some ballsy territory encroachment. 
LHB DO YOUR STUFF.
Disney gives zero fucks.
Fox IS Disney. Yeah le rat is supposed to sell fox regional sports channels. But.

12 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:
13 hours ago, mdmost said:
So Gameday is going to be outside by the Texas Star from 8-10 and then move inside the stadium from 10-11? That is some ballsy territory encroachment. 

Disney gives zero fucks.

Disney just bought most of Fox, (minus news/ sports), so ESPN tells FS1 to suck it...

Anyone else kinda over the Gameday thing? My sister went to (not THE) OSU and we went to Gameday at Bedlam last year and I just didn't feel the excitement that I used to. Maybe I'm just getting old and hate more shit now. 

I still want to enjoy life, but now it seems like all I do is drink and think about times when I was happy. "To the good ol days" I'll say to myself, as I look through pictures of when people used to like me, slurring and covered in drool. I imagine what I could have made of myself. I stood on the south lawn in 2009 as Herbstreit picked Texas to beat Texas Tech, all the promise in the world. Now look at me. A slob. A shell of a man who bitches about parties and how I can't enjoy them because I don't like the venue.

Oh well. Hook em, I guess. 

• Like 4

On 10/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, TornACL said:

If I see anyone walking around the fair with some stupid Gameday sign about the Aggies, I am going to punch you in the face, rip up your poster, and then shit down your throat. 

Or to avoid bodily harm, just substitute "Desmond" for "Aggie" in your sign and you'll be highlighting an equivalent level of idiocy to any and all that tune in Saturday morning.  

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ug I went down to get a mixer for my whiskey after that ou touchdown and missed the return.  I ran up as fast as I could after the crowd erupted, but alas I missed the actual run :/

2 hours ago, scDaeDae said:

Anyone else kinda over the Gameday thing? My sister went to (not THE) OSU and we went to Gameday at Bedlam last year and I just didn't feel the excitement that I used to. Maybe I'm just getting old and hate more shit now. 

I still want to enjoy life, but now it seems like all I do is drink and think about times when I was happy. "To the good ol days" I'll say to myself, as I look through pictures of when people used to like me, slurring and covered in drool. I imagine what I could have made of myself. I stood on the south lawn in 2009 as Herbstreit picked Texas to beat Texas Tech, all the promise in the world. Now look at me. A slob. A shell of a man who bitches about parties and how I can't enjoy them because I don't like the venue.

Oh well. Hook em, I guess. 

Drink with me this weekend and let's fucking stomp these land thieving cucks and then 10 years from now when you're drinking you can look back and say "that day in 2018 when we fucked OU so hard their dead sisters got aroused... that was a good day"

Hook em.

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

^^^ yep that is what I am doing. If I can't find them then I will be trying the homeboy hookup to get through and stand in the concourse. 

40 bucks a person got me in one year

Just find a shady looking dude that's taking tickets. Basically all of them. They are hired just for that day so they dont give a fuck.

• Like 1

How much $ do you typically find them for? 

Was $20 back then.

Make sure you get regular tix and not student tix. Back when I did it if you got a student tix you had to show blanket tax to use it. Or go to another entrance where the ticket taker gave not a shit.

3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

So I just got to the fair and they’re telling me and my friends that everyone who has a sign can’t bring them in because signs are not allowed for game day into the fair. What the fuck kind of stupid rule is that?!

Find another gate..... And Tweet GameDay your Gate#

• Like 1