Hager Wearing #60 for OU Game Honoring Nobis

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Nope said:

Britt

Yeah.... definitely cool for his dad Britt.

Just saw this.....

"Prior to Hager wearing the No. 60 jersey in the win over Missouri last season, Derrick Johnson had been the last Longhorn to honor Nobis by wearing the No. 60 on his senior night in 2004, a win over Texas A&M," Texas announced in its press release. "Dusty Renfro wore it in the 1999 Cotton Bowl against Mississippi State, while Brian Jones (1989-90), Britt Hager (1984-88), Jeff Leiding (1981-83) and Robin Sendlein (1978-80) have worn it for full seasons in honor of Nobis.

• Like 1

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

So what's the reason behind this? Anniversary of something? Just because?

Whatever the reason, it's a bad reflection on all involved. We can only get to the bottom of this by hours of analysis and keen, repeated criticisms from other threads. Should be a lot of fun just like sports are supposed to be. Can't wait!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, futureman said:

why hager?  because he’s white?  gary johnson is a senior and a better LB.  chris nelson is a senior and a better DL.  what gives?

I enjoyed watching Britt play despite the fact that he was on the other team, and I've no doubt Breckyn is sincerely humbled by such an honor.  But I don't get it, either.  If Hager had a different daddy and played for a different Div I team, nobody on Surly would know who he is.  The hype that young man got in the offseason was  bizarre, although that's not his fault.

37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Whatever the reason, it's a bad reflection on all involved. We can only get to the bottom of this by hours of analysis and keen, repeated criticisms from other threads. Should be a lot of fun just like sports are supposed to be. Can't wait!

That's what will happen.  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

why hager?  because he’s white?  gary johnson is a senior and a better LB.  chris nelson is a senior and a better DL.  what gives?

Did Gary Johnson come up with the idea to wear #60 to honor the history of that number? I bet if he did and asked to he would be wearing it.

He wants a championship?  He needs to fuck the midget up tomorrow.  Blam Slam all day until he little one begs to go home to daddy and wishes he was still and Aggie an didn’t have to play Texas anymore!
Exactly this. He has been talking about winning this big 12 forever. Tomorrow is do or die, and a big part of it will be him versus ewok.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

Yep. Breck Hager is meh. This is a joke. 

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

I enjoyed watching Britt play despite the fact that he was on the other team, and I've no doubt Breckyn is sincerely humbled by such an honor.  But I don't get it, either.  If Hager had a different daddy and played for a different Div I team, nobody on Surly would know who he is.  The hype that young man got in the offseason was  bizarre, although that's not his fault.

Oh he definitely embraced and encouraged it. 

Did Gary Johnson come up with the idea to wear #60 to honor the history of that number? I bet if he did and asked to he would be wearing it.
Wat?

This guy came up with using the 60 to honor badass linebackers.

e67201a7c0a292d5436ccbe53dd0ef23.jpg

fupm tried to retire it.

Hermannnn said fuck that bullshit and put it on breck for the bowl game. We won the fucker.

Hermannnn is doing it again for this game. I like it.

I don't give a shit if you fucking aggy twatwaffles dont think breck deserves it. If the juju works like it did against mizzooo good shit. Let breck wear it the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Slap a 10 jersey on Sam for all I care if it means we win by 60. I'm just wondering what's behind all this. 

Seeing the ou sux side of the stadium quickly empty and loudly singing the eyes.

Of course, this is what's behind all of this.

30 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Slap a 10 jersey on Sam for all I care if it means we win by 60. I'm just wondering what's behind all this. 

What's behind it is he's a fucking captain and wants to wear 60 in what will be his last shootout. From what I've seen he's played pretty well in that number and if that is what motivates him in any way shape or form to show out then let him have it for a game. 

Plus, Nobis's widow has supreme rule round these parts and what she blesses should be the end of it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

He’s gonna fucking Bomer lil kyler’s ass tomorrow and all y’all gonna holler like motherfuckers. Because fuck this shit. We are gonna goddamn win. Book it.

The cynic in me sees the Ewok's size causing an accidental helmet to helmet that gets Hager kicked out of game.