Updated Bowl Projections per ESPN

Mdhorn

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Agree.

They already changed all the unwritten rules to fit Bama into the playoffs. Have to win your conference? That only applies to others nit named Bama. Theh have let Bama in over others because Bama's loss came earlier in the season. The other team lost "too late" in the season.

Well, Bama lost to Auburn in the very last game of their regular season and still made it over an Ohio State team that won the B1G.

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I don’t think they care about matchup except in terms of potential ticket sales. I would think Utah may travel better. Maybe not tho. Idk. You make a good point about the marketability of the game tho

The Alamo Bowl did a AMA on Reddit and said they look for the best matchup.

Honestly I’d love to see WSU play WVU.

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

The Alamo Bowl did a AMA on Reddit and said they look for the best matchup.

Honestly I’d love to see WSU play WVU.

Yeah that sounds great and all, but money talks. It’s why the projection is all over Texas if we don’t get a NY6

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Well, Bama lost to Auburn in the very last game of their regular season and still made it over an Ohio State team that won the B1G.

Meant to put "bad loss" in my post. This sec game isn't competitive at the moment.

Edited by pacman

7 hours ago, Carl! said:

if these bowl projects come to fruition big12 could have a pac12 2017/18 level bowl season

Orange: Alabama vs. Oklahoma L

Sugar Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia L

Alamo Bowl: West Virginia vs. Washington State W

Texas Bowl: TCU vs. Auburn L

Liberty Bowl: Baylor vs. Vanderbilt 50/50

Camping World Bowl: Iowa State vs. N.C. State L

To be fair, the XII would have played tougher teams than what the PAC did in it's 1-7 bowl tour:

12/16Final
25 BSU 38
ORE 28
ABC

12/26Final
UTAH 30
WVU 14
ESPN

12/26Final
KSU 35
UCLA 17
ESPN

12/27Final
PUR 38
ARIZ 35
FOX

12/28Final
15 TCU 39
13 STAN 37
ESPN

12/28Final
16 MSU 42
18 WSU 17
FS1

12/29Final
24 NCST 52
ASU 31
CBS

12/29Final
5 OSU 24
8 USC 7
ESPN

12/30Final
11 WASH 28
9 PSU 35
ESPN

That's gonna be a helluva fun Alamo Bowl to watch.  Plus nobody from Eastern Washington State or West Virginia has ever seen a Hispanic person.  

ESPN is just a fucking beating this year with the bowl releases.  My god, 3 hours later, and we're just now getting to the non-NY6 games.  Da fuh?  

There's really no need to tease out the fucking Frisco Bowl matchups fellas, half these games---you can just announce them below on the ticket and fans would be fine with that.  They could make their travel plans and get on with their Sundays.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's gonna be a helluva fun Alamo Bowl to watch.  Plus nobody from Eastern Washington State or West Virginia has ever seen a Hispanic person.  

ESPN is just a fucking beating this year with the bowl releases.  My god, 3 hours later, and we're just now getting to the non-NY6 games.  Da fuh?  

There's really no need to tease out the fucking Frisco Bowl matchups fellas, half these games---you can just announce them below on the ticket and fans would be fine with that.  They could make their travel plans and get on with their Sundays.  

This is a stupid comment; I'm Mexican and a Coug Alum.  There are quite a few in Pullman.  

• Like 1

So does WVU.  Surprised they got passed over for the Alamo Bowl.  That N.C. State cancellation really bit them in the ass.  They'll probably prefer traveling to Orlando over San Antonio though, but the payday will be wildly different.