What are the most depressing songs you like?

qwertyu1234

Whisky Lullaby- Alison Krauss & Brad Paisley

In the Arms of an Angel- Sheryl Crow( seems damned near like a suicide anthem to me.)

It ain't the Whiskey- Gary Allan

Pretty much anything by The Smiths-  Gotdam they focus on the dark side of life...

Gotdam kick in the gut.  MIL has severe Alzheimers.  Not sure if I should share the song with my wife, but I thought of her the whole time.  Gut wrenching.

Dusty as hell...

Edited by slorch

On 10/9/2018 at 7:16 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

"A boy's last dream and a man's first loss"

Holy shit that's some lyrics that hit home, especially this time of year.  yeah, it pales in comparison with some of the other topics covered by songs in the thread, but those words caught my ear...

Edited by slorch

How in the hell did this not make it already?  Really gets me these days because I spend so much time (teacher) with other people's children that I often come home w/o a lot of energy for my own two boys.

This one gets me because of my experience on the 40.  I had a bunch of great friends but, due to a lot of selfishness on my part, I alienated most all of them.  I left Austin in much the same way Costner did in this movie.

• Like 1