Texas @ OSU 10/27 7:00 PM ABC

MirrOlure

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

There he is!  

For the record, I don't look down my nose at fans of other programs. Could not care less. I do look down my nose at fans of other programs who are so obtuse that they can't recognize when they are gifted a game by supposedly neutral third parties. I don't have any issues with a single other Oklahoma State poster here.

4 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL don't think we ever played you when Barry was here. 

We did beat Aggy with Barry, so we've got that going for us.

Just looked it up. 52-15 in Stillwater during Barry's Heisman season and old Jackie's swan song probation season. 

52 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

For the record, I don't look down my nose at fans of other programs. Could not care less. I do look down my nose at fans of other programs who are so obtuse that they can't recognize when they are gifted a game by supposedly neutral third parties. I don't have any issues with a single other Oklahoma State poster here.

For the record, you're full of shit.  Not a single OSU poster has ever said we weren't gifted that game, including myself.  Let's turn it around and see who is obtuse.  Can you admit Texas might have gotten a few calls when they were at the top of the conference?  Maybe the KU game with Vince?  Maybe Bergeron's goal line fumble in Stillwater.  Maybe 100 other times?  It's sports.  That shit happens.  I hope Texas plays like total dog shit Saturday but the refs bail them out with horrible calls just so you can put your fucking baby blanket away and quit crying about shit that happened 3 years ago.  

• Like 1

Yeah we benefited from a bunch of shitty calls against Texas that one game.

As a non-traditional power/blue-blood, we've also been fucked in the ass by bad calls more times than I can count --- including one (that same season I believe?) that LITERALLY took away a win (Central Michigan).... so I don't really feel bad about it.

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah we benefited from a bunch of shitty calls against Texas that one game.

As a non-traditional power/blue-blood, we've also been fucked in the ass by bad calls more times than I can count --- including one (that same season I believe?) that LITERALLY took away a win (Central Michigan).... so I don't really feel bad about it.

I don't think the league office was mandating a CMU win to benefit the lucrative Mount Pleasant market but point taken.

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:
For the record, you're full of shit.  Not a single OSU poster has ever said we weren't gifted that game, including myself.  Let's turn it around and see who is obtuse.  Can you admit Texas might have gotten a few calls when they were at the top of the conference?  Maybe the KU game with Vince?  Maybe Bergeron's goal line fumble in Stillwater.  Maybe 100 other times?  It's sports.  That shit happens.  I hope Texas plays like total dog shit Saturday but the refs bail them out with horrible calls just so you can put your fucking baby blanket away and quit crying about shit that happened 3 years ago.  

Your argument might work better if you used good examples.

The KU call was 100% correct and for whining like a bitch Mangino angered VY and got his comeuppance the next year.

Bergeron might have fumbled but it was a hard call to make on the field and the replay was absolutely inconclusive.

Like every team we do occasionally get terrible calls in our favor like the non-safety call against USC this year.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

I don't think the league office was mandating a CMU win to benefit the lucrative Mount Pleasant market but point taken.

OK well you can be angry about losing a game partially due to some bad calls, but insisting there was some sort of Big 12 conference conspiracy to have OSU beat Texas is some Aggy-level conspiracy thinking.

I'll just leave it alone.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

I was hoping the game was on TBS. we fared pretty well vs OSU during the Tbs tv contract years. Those were exciting af. I seem to remember that we thought the game started at halftime. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 1

Missed calls are stupid to bitch about.  It’s part of the game that is played, coached, and officiated by humans that make mistakes.  The point is that the players and coaches have to overcome these errors and win the game.  This happens to everyone and every single level of competition.  I don’t care if it is colleges football or a spirited high school chess competition.

I think as any fans of any sport would agree that making call such as holding on a defensive tackle that had zero impact on the play in question.  That one was bad, but once again forgivable as just a bad call.  The team still has to play through it.  The real travesty, and I put this up there with the mysterious 5th down play when Colorado and Missouri (I think) played in the early 90’s, was the line judge intentionally lowering his shoulder and bumping into Charlie Strong.  For me, this was the incident that the game was fixed.  

Texas lost, and I hope to never see that again with any game ... even against aggy or ou.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

For the record, you're full of shit.  Not a single OSU poster has ever said we weren't gifted that game, including myself.  Let's turn it around and see who is obtuse.  Can you admit Texas might have gotten a few calls when they were at the top of the conference?  Maybe the KU game with Vince? 

That was offensive pass interference by definition. Watch it again.

Maybe Bergeron's goal line fumble in Stillwater. 

Don't even remember. Maybe so.

Maybe 100 other times?  It's sports.  That shit happens.  I hope Texas plays like total dog shit Saturday but the refs bail them out with horrible calls just so you can put your fucking baby blanket away and quit crying about shit that happened 3 years ago.  

Me quit crying? You're the fuckstick that called me out. That game was the worst fucking by referees I have ever seen, and I have watched literally thousands of football games.

You quit crying, titty baby. I can't believe I bruised your pussy that badly years ago. I hope we fuckstomp the shit out of your team Saturday.  

23 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Well that escalated over a period of a few days  years.

Sorry, but I will not concede that that game was just a normal poorly officiated game. I don't know what was going on, but it wasn't that. 7 penalties for 40 yards versus 16 penalties for 128 yards says otherwise. And we know about Mason Rudolph's phantom fumble "recovery," the phantom defensive holding, and Charlie's bullshit unsportsmanlike conduct. We can re-hash the whole thing if our Poke friends would like, but they can't expect to be treated as respected guests if we do.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m not at all. I just don’t suffer fools who don’t know their place. 

Know their place? What are you the King of England or something?

Anyway there was one call in that 2016 game that I think is unprecedented and that was where the official followed Coach Strong to the sideline and then bumped him and then threw the flag on Coach Strong. That was beyond anything I have ever seen the Refs pull on a team we were playing. I mean there are bad calls, there are missed calls, and then there was that bullshit. If anybody has a worse flag, please share.

But that did not decide the game.

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Anyway there was one call in that 2016 game that I think is unprecedented and that was where the official followed Coach Strong to the sideline and then bumped him and then threw the flag on Coach Strong. That was beyond anything I have ever seen the Refs pull on a team we were playing. I mean there are bad calls, there are missed calls, and then there was that bullshit. If anybody has a worse flag, please share.

But that did not decide the game.

That was also the Aggie ref IIRC. He worked for a bank outside CS and was also a former aggie player, or something like that.  

King of England checking in here, just got a message from Parliament about this mess.

We all agree, OU and Refs with agendas suck.

These games are always unpredictable every year. 

The bottom line is you are from OK and us TX, hence it is known we must do battle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Technically, there is no King of England right now. And when there is a male overlord, I believe he is the Monarch of the Kingdom of Great Britain and the United Kingdom.

Otherwise ... proceed.

12 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

He’s a very angry person. I bet he’s fun at parties.

To be fair, I was fucking pissed leaving that game in 2015. Especially with your fans chanting exiting down the ramps. It was miserable, especially feeling like we had to fight against the refs too. 

13 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Technically, there is no King of England right now. And when there is a male overlord, I believe he is the Monarch of the Kingdom of Great Britain and the United Kingdom.

Otherwise ... proceed.

Actually it would be King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Actually it would be King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 

Yes... but give Ireland back to the Irish ...Don't make them have to take it away ...Give Ireland back to the Irish, Make Ireland Irish today.

If you'd have told me in August that the 4-game stretch that would have ESPN/ABC perked up like Dieter's nipples on Sprockets, I'd have thought it'd be USC, TCU, @KSU, v. OKL

Instead all eyes are on Texas as it runs thru @OSU, WVU, @TTU, ISU.  This run is eerily, but interestingly, reminding me of 2008 when we had OSU, Mizzou, OU, and Tech all in a row.

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you'd have told me in August that the 4-game stretch that would have ESPN/ABC perked up like Dieter's nipples on Sprockets, I'd have thought it'd be USC, TCU, @KSU, v. OKL

Instead all eyes are on Texas as it runs thru @OSU, WVU, @TTU, ISU.  This run is eerily, but interestingly, reminding me of 2008 when we had OSU, Mizzou, OU, and Tech all in a row.

History has a way of repeating itself

10 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Your place is not being a dick on Texas boards. 

Get over yourself.

"Being a dick" is kind of one of the the organizing principles of Shaggy/Surly.  Yeah, it's a Texas board in origin, but there are tons of fans from other Big 12 schools and all over who have been regular posters here for quite some time.

So pulling the whole, "know your place" shit kind of rings hollow on this particular board at this particular time. That sounds like something I would have read on a Rivals message board in 2003.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Get over yourself.

"Being a dick" is kind of one of the the organizing principles of Shaggy/Surly.  Yeah, it's a Texas board in origin, but there are tons of fans from other Big 12 schools and all over who have been regular posters here for quite some time.

So pulling the whole, "know your place" shit kind of rings hollow on this particular board at this particular time. That sounds like something I would have read on a Rivals message board in 2003.

This has become really tiresome. Go Pokes specifically called me out on this thread over the OSU game in 2015. He is the one still living in fantasyland over that game to the extent that he felt the need to poke the bear. He’s a shitty poster and he got what he wanted.