Texas @ OSU 10/27 7:00 PM ABC

MirrOlure

don't love night game on the road like that obviously...

however, just thinking back over the last decade, we have had a lot more success against okstate at night vs. the day in stillwater.

2009 - night kick in stillwater (7pm on abc) - win (beat their asses)

2010 - night kick in austin (7pm on abc) - loss

2011 - day kick in austin (2:30 on abc) - loss

2012 - night kick in stillwater (6:50 on fox) - win (crazy win with controversy)

2013 - day kick in austin (2:30 on fox) - loss

2014 - night kick in stillwater (6:30pm on fox) - win (beat their asses)

2015 - day kick in austin (2:30 on espn) - loss (biggest refereeing fuckjob in history)

2016 - day kick in stillwater (11am on abc) - loss

2017 - day kick in austin (11am on espn) - loss (oh, shane)

Edited by sidis
  • Like 5

on that note, okie state with the aid of alan eck and braindead overtime plays has become the bizarro-kstate.  we have not beaten them in austin since the wild one in 2008 (we had grass then).  time to put that bullshit to an end.

also worth noting, they are on a 3 game win streak against us.  their longest ever.  ours was 12 from 1998 - 2009.

Edited by sidis

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

how in the fuck are we 2-6 in our last 8 games with those fucksticks?  

they were legit good in 2010 and 2011.  they went 11-2 (with single score losses to ou and nebraska) in 2010 and 12-1 in 2011, narrowly missing the national championship game after plowing ou 44-10.  every other loss is inexcusable and humiliating.

but to answer your question, the same way we are 2-5 against fucking tcu since they joined the big 12.

we've sucked more shit through a straw than andy dufrane could crawl through since gilbert got sacked by a cornerback in the fourth quarter of the rose bowl.

Edited by sidis
  • Like 3

I looked at some website yesterday and it had Texas' next THREE games on Friday nights. I was thinking WTF?!?

I just looked at another schedule and now our only Friday game is the day after Thanksgiving. I have no idea which site said that 4 out of our final 5 games were going to be Friday night matchups, but I did think that it was strange AF.

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Only thing that helps is it's homecoming and a night game.  If this were not homecoming and an 11 a.m. game, I'd expect about 40k.

But yeah... I'm not expecting anything other than what we've seen the past few weeks.  If the defense plays moderatly well, the offense will suck. If the offense is good, the defense will suck.  The special teams will suck except FG kicking.  And we'll have a shit-ton of backbreaking penalties.  Wheeeeeeeeeee!

giphy.gif

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

Yea I don’t like this at all. No team with a giant target on their back wants to play 7P prime time on the road, against a team they “should” beat, but could come out flat and let hang around. I don’t like it at all. Nothing is easy from here on out. We will get everyone’s best. 

7 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Some of the 9.95ers have been saying 3 weeks for him. Subtly, at least. He probably could play next week but seems like they may keep him out for pre cautionary reasons.

Hope the 9.95ers are as accurate on this as they are recruiting.

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 2

Most of my buddies are absolutely furious about the game being on LHN.  I'm grateful to have survived the 2010-2011 realignment craziness, so while I don't like it either, I ain't bitching.
Mostly, I don't give a fuck because I'll be listening to the game on the radio in a tractor.
For you guys that want to watch the ISU game, LHN is on psvue which you can watch on your phone if necessary. Psvue has a free 5 day trial. Get it friday watch sat, cancel sunday. psvue.com
  • Like 5

So, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Second Half Shane was way, way better than First Half Shane. Point is, we can win with Shane. 

Now, let's not get carried away. We can win, but we really have to win. So start Shane and let's do some Cam Rising package stuff.  A couple plays just to get his feet wet, easy stuff. Keep Sam on the sideline. 

Now, it comes down to the fourth quarter and we gotta win. You fill Sam so full of Cortisol he wouldn't feel a Mack Truck running over his shoulder. Well not really that but you get the point. He can come in and win it if we aren't moving the ball. 

Figure out what Shane can do, easy dink and dunk with occasional downfield throws. Run it and then run it again. No RPO's. Slant's and some stuff across the middle, Shane is more accurate than Sam, they won't expect it. Tight end stuff, it kills bad defenses. Tape will show their many weaknesses, exploit them MENSA.

The coaches need to ride the strong horse. Whatever is working, go with that. But we have way more talent and there is no excuse for losing. This one is on the coaches.

Edited by Thetexashammer

5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

So, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Second Half Shane was way, way better than First Half Shane. Point is, we can win with Shane. 

Now, let's not get carried away. We can win, but we really have to win. So start Shane and let's do some Cam Rising package stuff.  A couple plays just to get his feet wet, easy stuff. Keep Sam on the sideline. 

Now, it comes down to the fourth quarter and we gotta win. You fill Sam so full of Cortisol he wouldn't feel a Mack Truck running over his shoulder. Well not really that but you get the point. He can come in and win it if we aren't moving the ball. 

Figure out what Shane can do, easy dink and dunk with occasional downfield throws. Run it and then run it again. No RPO's. Slant's and some stuff across the middle, Shane [used to be] more accurate than Sam, they won't expect it. Tight end stuff, it kills bad defenses. Tape will show their many weaknesses, exploit them MENSA.

Shane did fairly well on the bubble screens late in the game that were basically wide handoffs to our big WRs for 4 to 6 yards. He is soooooo much better when he knows where he is going to throw it before the snap than having to go through his reads after the snap.

With 5 regular season games left, I think that it is time to start bleeding the RS candidates a bit. Rising one game, Thompson the next. (The Defensive Lineman should even get a few snaps if we ever get far enough ahead of anyone to let them taste live action.)

Shane scares the hell out of me, but if we can run some plays where he knows where he is throwing it from before the snap and they are timing routes so that the ball is in the air as the WRs are making their cuts, we might have a shot. Just no RPOs with Shane in the game and very few plays where he is expected to sit in the pocket and go through his progressions of 3 or more targets.

Hopefully he finds his accuracy this week, because he has some absolutely atrocious throws last week.

Edited by Napoleon

7 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

CJ all day (and night). Lean heavy on him. Pound the rock with Ingram. Need 2 turnovers from the defense 

Yeah, need more fumbles....... Orlando's Defense needs to do more rip and punch the football drills before Okie Lite....

Special Teams needs to knock a few fumbles loose and recover the same ball  too.....🤘

8 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Figure out what Shane can do, easy dink and dunk with occasional downfield throws. Run it and then run it again. No RPO's. Slant's and some stuff across the middle, Shane is more accurate than Sam, they won't expect it. Tight end stuff, it kills bad defenses. Tape will show their many weaknesses, exploit them MENSA.

The coaches need to ride the strong horse. Whatever is working, go with that. But we have way more talent and there is no excuse for losing. This one is on the coaches.

You mean the half where we scored 0 points against a soft Baylor run defense and where Shane gave up a turnover that put Baylor in position to win late?

This offense is built around the QB run threat.  Without that, defenses easily overwhelm our craptastic o-line.  Shane is not a run threat. Without that, we have to rely on a shitty O-line to run block.

I think it actually bodes well that it's the 7 pm ABC game.  Herman is good at getting his guys up for the bigger spotlight games.  Think I'd be more worried if this was the 11:00 a.m. FS1 game where I could see the coming out flat top to bottom and is not being able to turn it around/on in time to recover.  I see UT running away with this one - with or without Sam.  

It's always interesting that people think Oklahoma State has a huge home field advantage. 

Since the start of '14 Oklahoma State is 11-10 against Big 12 teams in Stillwater. 

We’re 2-5 at home in conference games the last two years. The wins were against Baylor and Kansas. We’re on a 1-4 streak at home currently in conference games, Kansas being the only win. We’re fucking broken, mostly defensively, but now offensively too. We’re capable of beating you guys, but it’s not likely.

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

. We’re fucking broken, mostly defensively, but now offensively too. We’re capable of beating you guys, but it’s not likely.

What is the consensus of opinion on Knowles (ACC guy) ?    Was firing Spencer a mistake,  or just recruiting ?  

6 minutes ago, torre said:

What is the consensus of opinion on Knowles (ACC guy) ?    Was firing Spencer a mistake,  or just recruiting ?  

I've been avoiding the OSU boards and blogs because I'm sure it's full chicken little.  My opinion is nobody fucking knows.  I expect things will tighten up a bit and I would give him another year  to get his shit together.  But if we're getting gashed consistently game to game for the rest of the year or into next year I would think it's time to try something else.  I don't expect anyone to come in here and dominate defensively, because we will never have the talent to do that against Big XII offenses, but being completely unable to adjust to unexpected schemes is inexcusable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not that I'm complaining, but why is this the ABC Primetime Game of the Week? OK State is 8th in Big 12. 

Are there no other games that day? Is it SEC Cupcake Week? 

They want you guys in primetime and there aren't a lot of great matchups that week from what I can tell.  Also, they probably see it as an "upset special."  I'm jaded having watched us play this year, but based on recent history, I think most people who don't watch either team consistently think we're better than we are and that you guys are not as good as your ranking.  I think we can win the game and I'd like to think that with a bye week we can fix some shit and come out motivated to start playing better.  I don't think it'll happen, but it's possible, and that alone will probably drive some ratings.

Edited by 'stache

1 hour ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

I think it actually bodes well that it's the 7 pm ABC game.  Herman is good at getting his guys up for the bigger spotlight games.  Think I'd be more worried if this was the 11:00 a.m. FS1 game where I could see the coming out flat top to bottom and is not being able to turn it around/on in time to recover.  I see UT running away with this one - with or without Sam.  

I also think Herman can make the team feel like their backs are against the wall. We could come out more focused then otherwise. 

1 hour ago, torre said:

Who the fuck knows.

This year has been so weird that I've started to convince myself that we have actually sucked since 2014 but we didn't realize it because Mason Rudolph would always drop dimes to James Washington on 3rd and 17.

I mean, since the start of the 2014 season, our record is 32-9 in games started by Mason Rudolph. In that same time, our record is 9-9 in games not started by Mason Rudolph.  Turns out having an NFL quarterback starting for multiple years helps you win college football games.

Part of me just wants to say fuck it and have Rising (or Thompson) start. Shane is leaving (or needs to at end of year to make room in QB room). I don't want Rising/Thompson transferring and they provide more mobility than Shane does.

I realize Shane was rusty but he looked like he typically does (nervous in pocket, no threat to run etc)

It'll be interesting to see the changes we've made on defense. I think McCulloch needs to be on the field more but that would mean running more nickle than dime and I don't see it happening with the air raid schedule over the next 3 games. Still, I see him making plays and giving a little relief to the DL.

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Fuck you back Taybo20!
It was our only option with not having a game this week.

Fuck me? No no no.

Fuck your homecoming. Fuck Gallagher-Iba and that it smelled like cheese when I visited as an elementary student. Fuck your stadium that was under construction for what felt like a decade. Fuck your 5 yard deep sidelines. Fuck the pokes for playing harder against us then against your instate rival. And fuck Eskimo joe’s! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Fuck me? No no no.

Fuck your homecoming. Fuck Gallagher-Iba and that it smelled like cheese when I visited as an elementary student. Fuck your stadium that was under construction for what felt like a decade. Fuck your 5 yard deep sidelines. Fuck the pokes for playing harder against us then against your instate rival. And fuck Eskimo joe’s! 

Most annoying trend in the Big XII? Signs point to yes.