Texas @ OSU 10/27 7:00 PM ABC

MirrOlure

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

That you have no room to talk about series records because the only wins you've been able to scratch out are the best years in your program's history vs. some of our worst - and despite that you still almost lose to us every single year to the degree that officiating handed you a win against a fucking terrible Texas team you should have smacked. 

You're lucky to even be 6-2 since '09. You're like 3 plays away from being 3-5.  

Is that supposed to me news to me?  I've lived it so I'm well aware of what we are.  We're not very good at football.   I can live with that.  

59 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

We're not very good at football. 

What? No.

Oklahoma State is great at football. Dominant. Awesome. The spirit of Barry Sanders possesses every player on every play, which is weird since he is still alive but that just shows how magical Barry is. This game is enormous. A clash of giants. THE GAME OF THE CENTURY.

Or at least that is what I hope Tom Herman and his team think since supposedly they only show up to play in big games.

we aren't capable of kicking anyone's ass.  and i'm not playing possum...it is just a reality of this team.  we play to the competition every week so if we win, it will be by fewer than 17 points.

if we played bama, we would lose by 3.  if we played austin peay, we would win by 3.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

All of the smack talk is weird.

We all know we aren't any good this year, right?

I plan on drinking heavily and hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting anything other than us getting our ass kicked.

It is.

Yes

I will be getting a bellyful of extra anejo and possibly some edibles.

21 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I agree, but it’s at the River Oaks home of somebody you’ve heard of. I’m not going to miss it. 

And no, he doesn’t own a Sherman tank. 

Glad you didn't mention the name. I was going to drive around River Oaks until I found the party.

This will be good test for Texas. Night game on the road for a team that has for past several years been on top.

Potentially going in with a backup QB etc etc etc  and would have had two weeks of sniffing their own farts as well as the #7 ranked team in the country.

I want to see Texas come out hot and never let up.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

All of the smack talk is weird.

We all know we aren't any good this year, right?

I plan on drinking heavily and hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting anything other than us getting our ass kicked.

My Cowboy friends have gotten rather mouthy over the past few years -- mocking Texas football in front of me, openly reveling in our down years -- shit I never did in front of them in the aughts.

So yeah, fuck Okie Lite and bring me their tears.

13 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

My Cowboy friends have gotten rather mouthy over the past few years -- mocking Texas football in front of me, openly reveling in our down years -- shit I never did in front of them in the aughts.

Your Cowboy friends seem like jagoffs.

• Like 1

Your Cowboy friends seem like jagoffs.

Keep in mind that some fans of blue blood programs think “mouthy” is anything short of dropping to your knees and telling them how great their program is. Hell, you should know that. You live in a state full of textbook examples of it.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I've gotta make my annual "OSU fans are actually pretty cool" post now it seems.  I don't know many here in Austin, maybe just 1 or 2.  So I really don't have to deal with them in groups, but their bi-annual visit to DKR demonstrates they're fine.  Not Nebraska or WVU cool, but nice folks who don't spout off at the mouth and are generally great guests.  Only been to Stillwater once, two years ago.  And they were damn good hosts.  It was an early kickoff (11am), so we didn't have much time among them in the tailgate areas, but they were cordial and inviting.  Only weird thing was our SWA flight could land in Stillwater, but couldn't take off there (too short a runway I guess, which really should have come up in a meeting prior to arrival), so we had to get a ride down to OKC to fly out.  But otherwise, the fans in the tailgate lots, the bartenders/servers at Eskimo Joe's, et. al.   All super nice and shared a deep hatred of OU which was fine by me.  The student sections we encountered inside the stadium were a bit pissy for my tastes, but I suppose that's just everybody in the Big XII these days.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I've gotta make my annual "OSU fans are actually pretty cool" post now it seems.  I don't know many here in Austin, maybe just 1 or 2.  So I really don't have to deal with them in groups, but their bi-annual visit to DKR demonstrates they're fine.  Not Nebraska or WVU cool, but nice folks who don't spout off at the mouth and are generally great guests.  Only been to Stillwater once, two years ago.  And they were damn good hosts.  It was an early kickoff (11am), so we didn't have much time among them in the tailgate areas, but they were cordial and inviting.  Only weird thing was our SWA flight could land in Stillwater, but couldn't take off there (too short a runway I guess, which really should have come up in a meeting prior to arrival), so we had to get a ride down to OKC to fly out.  But otherwise, the fans in the tailgate lots, the bartenders/servers at Eskimo Joe's, et. al.   All super nice and shared a deep hatred of OU which was fine by me.  The student sections we encountered inside the stadium were a bit pissy for my tastes, but I suppose that's just everybody in the Big XII these days.  

So just curious, what did  SWA do with an airplane that could land in Stillwater,  but not takeoff? Is it still there ? Did they drive it down 35s and take off from OKC ?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It couldn't take off with all of us on it.  Runway wasn't long enough at full weight (we filled every seat but of course nobody brought more than a backpack so we couldn't have been overloaded).  Anyway, they couldn't do it, told us as soon as we got off the bird.  I believe they even took some fuel out on the ground.  Just enough for the crew and bird to get up and circle down to OKC.  We met them there but had to wait hours after the game for clearance which is also weird because Saturday afternoons aren't a busy time at any airport, let alone OKC.  Not really OSU's fault obviously, but their airport staff were salty bastards.  Just having to sit in OKC for hours on end with not much to do except one little bar was miserable with all the Oklahoma people taking turns walking past our gate to do horns down and remind us we lost that game was quite annoying.  But actual time on the ground in Stillwater, except for a few plays, was a helluva lotta fun.  Good folks.  

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Kind of surprised this is the week people got into it. Okie Lite is usually one of our favorite teams/fanbases when we're not playing them.

I think I'm the only one poking the bear a little and I'm just having a bit of fun.  I figure if multiple posters are taking shots at us, these grown ups can take a little jab in the ribs.  I guess I was right since nobody had called me a fucking piece of shit yet.  Thought that makes me wonder what happened to Texas Pete.  At no point have I predicted victory.  Actually, I've predicted the exact opposite.  Barring some kind of strange Halloween fueled night game emotional lift that Gundy has absolutely no role in, I don't see how we keep it within two TDs.  We can't throw against shitty DBs and UT has some pretty damn good ones.  We can't protect our QB or run the ball due to a horrible O line.  So that leaves it up to our D to win this game for us.  

Yeah, I'm just to leave that hanging there for comedic effect.  Apologies in advance for any coffee soaked keyboards I just ruined.  

• Fuck You 1

I'll be that guy to call it a poke victory.  I have nothing to back that up except we find weird times to pull out great games when least expected.  This team has talent, and while the QB has been average and bad at times, he's also done some good things, and he's not the problem.  That would be defense and o-line. 

With a bye week I think we can get some shit together and play like hell knowing our backs are against the wall and need a win to get closer to bowl eligibility.  I also wonder if Gundy will change some things up offensively knowing our o-line can't block for shit.  Maybe let Corn Dog play a little more like Colin Klein with some up the gut slow ass white guy runs.  Throw in a few deep balls to Johnson and Wallace and maybe we can get things going under the lights.  If the defense can tighten up even a smidge I think we can win in a close game.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It couldn't take off with all of us on it.  Runway wasn't long enough at full weight (we filled every seat but of course nobody brought more than a backpack so we couldn't have been overloaded).  Anyway, they couldn't do it, told us as soon as we got off the bird.  I believe they even took some fuel out on the ground.  Just enough for the crew and bird to get up and circle down to OKC.  We met them there but had to wait hours after the game for clearance which is also weird because Saturday afternoons aren't a busy time at any airport, let alone OKC.  Not really OSU's fault obviously, but their airport staff were salty bastards.  Just having to sit in OKC for hours on end with not much to do except one little bar was miserable with all the Oklahoma people taking turns walking past our gate to do horns down and remind us we lost that game was quite annoying.  But actual time on the ground in Stillwater, except for a few plays, was a helluva lotta fun.  Good folks.  

This is a super weird story.  American is the only commercial airline that flies in and out of the Stillwater airport.  If it was a SWA jet it had to have been chartered.  And they extended the runway about 10 years ago to accommodate commercial jets both in and out.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Keep in mind that some fans of blue blood programs think “mouthy” is anything short of dropping to your knees and telling them how great their program is. Hell, you should know that. You live in a state full of textbook examples of it.

1*z5J87Hj9I4E5DjjmiMWN9Q.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I read this as, "Of course his neck hurts after the crash, but we couldn't find anything remotely concerning on XR or MRI, and we have to write a diagnosis to complete documentation for the visit, so we are calling it S16.1XXA and saying he might feel good enough to play any time," on the part of the doc. I would be a little surprised if, come game-time, he told coach his neck was too sore to suit up.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Ah, gotcha.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Hope they take their time...... Neck Injuries are not something to fool around rushing a player  back too quickly.

When I was a kid, every injury seemed to need that Dang crazy orange Mercurochrome stuff to heal.  Also love this from Chris Rock

Edited by LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

OSU has 6 wins against OU in the Big 12 and 7 wins against Texas. 

How many in the last 15 years?  Maybe 2? At least 2 of the 6 came in back to back years under Miles in 2001 and 2001.

I'd bet another 1 or 2 came wjen OU sucked in the 90s.

Edited by nunna yo bizness

5 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

How many in the last 15 years?  Maybe 2? At least 2 of the 6 came in back to back years under Miles in 2001 and 2001.

I'd bet another 1 or 2 came wjen OU sucked in the 90s.

97, 98, 01, 02, 11, 14

Also in 95 but that wasn't B12 play

On 10/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

It'll be interesting to see the changes we've made on defense. I think McCulloch needs to be on the field more but that would mean running more nickle than dime and I don't see it happening with the air raid schedule over the next 3 games. Still, I see him making plays and giving a little relief to the DL.

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

Way to go, nostradumbass. 

Edited by BigHorn'13

22 hours ago, 'stache said:

This is a super weird story.  American is the only commercial airline that flies in and out of the Stillwater airport.  If it was a SWA jet it had to have been chartered.  And they extended the runway about 10 years ago to accommodate commercial jets both in and out.  

That is bizarre.  I know that American only flies regional jets out of the airport (not 737s), but I think most teams charter 737s these days.  I see them taking off from Stillwater all the time on game days.  Weird.

16 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

So how come those weird times seem to be against us but never against OU?

Because we've been better or equal to you guys for the last 10 years while OU has dominated the conference?  And one of our weird games was against OU in 2014.  I was specifically recalling games like when we crushed top 5 Baylor and top 5 TCU some years ago (different seasons).  Not just won, but completely dominated.  Then we of course would lose to OU and blow a chance at a conference title.   So it goes for OSU fans.

Edited by 'stache

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Queen Bitch said:

FWIW at the Iowa State game when the OU-TX score was announced there were many many hook 'ems thrown up throughout the stadium.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PokerFace said:

We're gonna get our shit packed in. Especially if 'ol Corndog is starting (which he is). 

I'll still be there to experience the horror in person. Hope to run into some of y'all while I'm there. 

If the o-line is still getting dominated every play, neither Sanders nor Brown will do much better.  I'd love to see what they can do, but I don't think it's going to change our fortunes this season.

2 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

FWIW at the Iowa State game when the OU-TX score was announced there were many many hook 'ems thrown up throughout the stadium.

There were several years in the mid '00s where UT played in Stillwater the week before the Red River Shootout.  After getting beaten like a red-headed stepchild, our fans would chant "Beat O-U" to the Longhorns as then ran off the field.  The enemy of your enemy.... 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1