Texas @ OSU 10/27 7:00 PM ABC

MirrOlure

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

And since it's the weekend before Halloween, can you make sure the Oklahoma State females dress extra slutty for the TV cameras?

Just as long as it's not the pumpkin they had in the paddle people section during our game with them.  Woof.

this all but guarantees that WVU will be a 6-day hold.  Okay for us, sucks for the WVU fans trying to make it from some random corner of the nation to Austin on such short notice.  They are great hosts bTw.  With ISU on fire right now, I bet ESPN wishes they could yank that game from the LHN.  Nevermind, ISU has a decent chance, albeit small, of making the conference title game as the #2 seed.  But they have a home game that day with Incarnate Word.  

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Crowd might be pretty weak too.  Lot of fair weather fans may bitch out.

Ok your woe is me act is starting to wear thin.  You know damn well every last seat will be filled with blood thirsty Texas haters, and the front row behind our bench will have those paddle things pounding at them the whole game.

• Like 1

Still a decent chance Shane has to start vs Okie Lite to make sure Sam ok for remainder of Season.....

What does Texas Offensive Gameplan do differently vs Okie Lite to better match Shane's strengths compared to when Sam is starter??🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

With ISU on fire right now, I bet ESPN wishes they could yank that game from the LHN. 

Even before the season started I thought it was lame to put the ISU game on LHN.  These days ISU can hang with anybody in the Big XII, and the past 4-5 years the matchups with the Horns have been very competitive with a few nail-biters.  Just give Kansas the permanent LHN conference game spot.

Most of my buddies are absolutely furious about the game being on LHN.  I'm grateful to have survived the 2010-2011 realignment craziness, so while I don't like it either, I ain't bitching.

Mostly, I don't give a fuck because I'll be listening to the game on the radio in a tractor.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Even before the season started I thought it was lame to put the ISU game on LHN.  These days ISU can hang with anybody in the Big XII, and the past 4-5 years the matchups with the Horns have been very competitive with a few nail-biters.  Just give Kansas the permanent LHN conference game spot.

I imagine they don't want to / cannot put road games on LHN.

It should have been Baylor this year, though.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

this all but guarantees that WVU will be a 6-day hold.  Okay for us, sucks for the WVU fans trying to make it from some random corner of the nation to Austin on such short notice.  They are great hosts bTw.  With ISU on fire right now, I bet ESPN wishes they could yank that game from the LHN.  Nevermind, ISU has a decent chance, albeit small, of making the conference title game as the #2 seed.  But they have a home game that day with Incarnate Word.  

We aren't in full control of our destiny.  If we win out, and your only loss is to us, you'd still be ahead based on 1 conference loss vs. 2 conference losses.

It's probably the Big 12's nightmare scenario, and wouldn't do a ton for us.

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still a decent chance Shane has to start vs Okie Lite to make sure Sam ok for remainder of Season.....

What does Texas Offensive Gameplan do differently vs Okie Lite to better match Shane's strengths compared to when Sam is starter??🤘

Get this shit out of here. Shane only plays if Sam is injured. Sam’s MRI confirmed nothing major and he should be practicing with th 1s all week after resting for bye

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ok your woe is me act is starting to wear thin.  You know damn well every last seat will be filled with blood thirsty Texas haters, and the front row behind our bench will have those paddle things pounding at them the whole game.

It's homecoming weekend, so it might do better than I think, but I was at the UT game homecoming week four years ago in our shitty Dax Garman era, when it was butt ass cold, and we were celebrating another big donation from Boone, and the crowd was pretty weak.  To the extent our fanbase has "blood thirsty Texas haters" many of them will bitch out because they don't want to see us get our ass kicked.  The paddle people will be there because they are not fair weather fans, they would be there loud and rowdy if we were 0-6.  

22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Oh, for fucks sake, this would guarantee a loss.  Anytime a new QB enters a game against us we are unable to adjust to anything that's done different.  We've been carved up by more backup and third string QB's than I can even comprehend.  Baylor put in a fucking wide receiver at QB against us a few years ago and he had a hell of a game.  

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

Just now, 'stache said:

It's homecoming weekend, so it might do better than I think, but I was at the UT game homecoming week four years ago in our shitty Dax Garman era, when it was butt ass cold, and we were celebrating another big donation from Boone, and the crowd was pretty weak.  To the extent our fanbase has "blood thirsty Texas haters" many of them will bitch out because they don't want to see us get our ass kicked.

Oh, for fucks sake, this would guarantee a loss.  Anytime a new QB enters a game against us we are unable to adjust to anything that's done different.  We've been carved up by more backup and third string QB's than I can even comprehend.  Baylor put in a fucking wide receiver at QB against us a few years ago and he had a hell of a game.  

Texas fans can relate to the back up QB fear

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It's homecoming weekend, so it might do better than I think, but I was at the UT game homecoming week four years ago in our shitty Dax Garman era, when it was butt ass cold, and we were celebrating another big donation from Boone, and the crowd was pretty weak.  To the extent our fanbase has "blood thirsty Texas haters" many of them will bitch out because they don't want to see us get our ass kicked.  The paddle people will be there because they are not fair weather fans, they would be there loud and rowdy if we were 0-6.  

That sum'bitch Lynx Hawthorne put a scare into Texas three years ago.

26 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Get this shit out of here. Shane only plays if Sam is injured. Sam’s MRI confirmed nothing major and he should be practicing with th 1s all week after resting for bye

Sam's injury might take more than 2 weeks to heal..... if so, discussions on starting Shane vs Okie Lite are reasonable.  

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Crowd might be pretty weak too.  Lot of fair weather fans may bitch out.

Only thing that helps is it's homecoming and a night game.  If this were not homecoming and an 11 a.m. game, I'd expect about 40k.

But yeah... I'm not expecting anything other than what we've seen the past few weeks.  If the defense plays moderatly well, the offense will suck. If the offense is good, the defense will suck.  The special teams will suck except FG kicking.  And we'll have a shit-ton of backbreaking penalties.  Wheeeeeeeeeee!

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

were the paddles outlawed?

10 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Only thing that helps is it's homecoming and a night game.  If this were not homecoming and an 11 a.m. game, I'd expect about 40k.

But yeah... I'm not expecting anything other than what we've seen the past few weeks.  If the defense plays moderatly well, the offense will suck. If the offense is good, the defense will suck.  The special teams will suck except FG kicking.  And we'll have a shit-ton of backbreaking penalties.  Wheeeeeeeeeee!

FnJa.gif

• Like 1