2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

Blake Griffin? LMAO. We would become worse. And he'll eventually get hurt.

Keep DSJ. Can't figure out how to use him? Get a coach who can. You don't trade away very young talent.

Griffin is someone you get for a team that's already established and he can just fit in. I don't want him as the main piece to my team.

• Like 1

Luka and DSJ both had pretty good games tonight. Hopefully that continues and they realize they can both be superstars together.  If we could shoot FT’s this game would’ve been no contest.  I like Blake as much as I can like a land thief, but if we’re going to move DSJ, it needs to be for someone in Luka’s age bracket who is not fragile AF.

I know we're just pipe dreaming but really @Vic Mackey?  He's 25.  You don't think in four years it'd be nice to have a 29 year old Davis and a 23 year old Luka as your cornerstones?  Or that they couldn't contend for a title?  Lebron will be 38 and Steph 34.  And we'd have 4 years to build to match the guys in the East.  And to really simplify it, you really don't ever "pass" given the chance to add a top 5 player without having to give up your best. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We don't need AD right now. He's only going to help a team that is ready to contend right now and can slide in. You are doing it wrong if you expect him to be the focal point of your team to win a title. Pass.

god damnit quit it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably a friendly take for this group, but I agree with Kirk Henderson: Wes and Barnes (and Carlisle, to the extent that he’s putting the ball in their hands at bad times) are the problem, not DSJ. DSJ+Luka together are too intriguing to give up on now.

Barnes and Matthews are both nice role players who are being asked to do things that aren’t ideal for them. The Mavs should trade them for what they can, ideally promising youth.

• Like 1