Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

I didn’t know where else to put this, but cedar park council race has local ‘conservatives’ putting this horse shit on our doors...you can tell because abortion

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190501/cedar-park-mayor-anonymous-flyers-spread-false-info-on-city-issues

CEDAR PARK — Campaign flyers left on front doors in Cedar Park have made a series of false claims about three council members running for reelection, said Mayor Corbin Van Arsdale, including that the city has seen increasing crimes rates and rampant drug use while they have been in office.

The flyers also falsely claim that the three council members on the ballot in Saturday’s elections — Stephen Thomas, Anne Duffy and Heather Jefts — support having an abortion clinic in the city and building a homeless shelter, Van Arsdale said.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Interesting piece.  This segment stands out:

The psychology of our current state of affairs is fascinating (well, it would be if it weren't so horrifying).

In matters of politics, faith, family, and society in general, the dichotomy between "community" and the individual has been turned into a toxic war.  We are social beings.  We long for community.  In Christianity, we are called to be in community (seriously, it's a common thread throughout the faith).  Our greatest accomplishments as a nation have been achieved as a community (WWII, our post-war prosperity, hell, Armstrong walked on the moon, but thousands of people working together for a common purpose put him there, using dollars contributed by every American).  But today, we have an ethos being sold as fuck the community, the individual matters the most, and should always come before the interest of the community as a whole.

The idea of the common good matters.  It is foundational.  What makes the American philosophy brilliant (at times) is that it managed to strike something of a balance between the common good and the rights and protection of the individual.  We haven't always gotten it right, of course -- not even close.  But the concept/goal was there.  But the alt-right is individualistic nihilism, with an undercurrent of rage and vengeance against a society that has somehow wronged them.

These were the two stand-out paragraphs for me:

Their differences went deeper — and stranger — than that, and allowed McHugh to see inside a truly bizarre subculture. McHugh was a Catholic, while DeAnna was a member of the Wolves of Vinland, a group based near Lynchburg that was focused around a neopagan theology based on self-improvement and feats of strength, as well as coded white nationalism. The idea was to cast off the bounds of modern Judeo-Christian society and find a way back to pre-Christian northern-European culture. McHugh sometimes accompanied DeAnna on weekend trips down to the Wolves’ headquarters for what they called a “moot” — a ceremony in which the assembled Wolves would smear ash on their bodies around a fire and give what McHugh described as “dramatic speeches” about self-sufficiency and relying on the other group members. They would then sit around the fire and drink beers.

The Wolves placed a heavy emphasis on masculinity. The women would prepare food for the gatherings earlier in the day before the moot commenced, according to McHugh. The Wolves were into a “Centurion Method” of physical fitness; a video still on YouTube shows DeAnna and Paul Waggener, one of the founders of the group who used the pseudonym “Grimnir,” taking turns lifting up the trunk of a car filled with cement blocks, scrambling around on a bunch of debris, and squatting while holding logs.

The underlined emphasizes your point about the need for community while the whole captures their overall absurdity.

14 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

all that shit is any random duck camp past 11:00 pm.

except we weren’t nutsacks...

And we usually made our own sammiches.  And we didn't swear allegiance to a wolf-god or whatever.  But otherwise....dudes are dudes.

• Like 1

Farrakhan is a reactionary black nationalist who has strategized often with reactionary white supremacists who share his priorities, namely racial separatism. He and his followers within the Nation of Islam espouse a philosophy of liberation rooted in religious fundamentalism, capitalist self-sufficiency, ethnonationalism, and a retreat into patriarchal family structures. That in Farrakhan’s case these values were forged in response to white racism does not make them any less conservative.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Farrakhan is a reactionary black nationalist who has strategized often with reactionary white supremacists who share his priorities, namely racial separatism. He and his followers within the Nation of Islam espouse a philosophy of liberation rooted in religious fundamentalism, capitalist self-sufficiency, ethnonationalism, and a retreat into patriarchal family structures. That in Farrakhan’s case these values were forged in response to white racism does not make them any less conservative.

Have to agree.  Not sure I’m aligned with Fararakhan’s views any more than the other RWNJ’s out there.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This douchebag 

It’s interesting that he is actually even dumber than his dad. Whether he’s a bigger piece of shit is up for debate but that’s a high bar to reach. 

Edited by JimmyJames

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah Bitchute is starting to gain grounds even after all of the payment processors pulled from the platform. Sucks when YouTube has a large monopoly on video sharing, oh well Google has money to make and voices to silence.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is me when the bobs give me a 48-hour ban for saying it would be cool if Trump died or saying that Tucker Carlson is horny for Pete Buttigieg and Beto O'Rourke

OH GOD PLEASE DON'T HIT ME NOT AGAIN

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let's set aside her politics entirely.  Let's imagine that she was this way about, say, wearing cotton clothing instead of wool, or something innocuous.

Can you imagine spending more than 3 minutes in her company in a social context?  Even worse, imagine someone sets you up on a blind date with that.  Holy shit.  I might actually go full cartoon....

giphy.gif

I love how "you're a fucking dickhead.  I don't want to deal with fucking dickheads, and the folks who I market my platform to don't want to deal with dickheads" is "HELP, I'M AN OPPRESSED PERSON!"

No.  You're not.  You're just a fucking dickhead, finally having to deal with the results of your dickheadedness.  Fuck off.

It's always nice when this is the lead on your wikipedia page

Jack Burkman is an American lobbyist and conspiracy theorist. Burkman drew significant media attention in 2014 for organizing a protest against the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL after the team signed Michael Sam, an openly gay football player, to its practice squad.

"I was horrified."  Charles Manson t-shirts are available across the nation.  Are they making our streets more dangerous?  MORE TONIGHT on 'Chooky Is Fresh Out Of Shit That Can Scare You'  News is easy.  

il_794xN.427585149_67ii.jpg

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy