Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

lol at The Southern Strategy being a myth.

If they were alive, Harry Dent and Lee Atwater would pinch Candace’s ass, call her “that colored gal”, and ask her to bring them some pie and sweet tea.

Let’s see how fucking mythical you’d find that shit in 1968 Miss Candace, when you’d have been entering that chamber from the service entrance at the end of the day to clean it not seated at the front and center to spout your grifting gobbledegook.

Anyone listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast? There are several good episodes on fascist alt-right types from the past. Literally nothing ever changes. Through every different iteration in every different time and place that they became a relevant thing they were always larping incel dipshits who turned into terrorists or worse.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:00 AM, wildcat09 said:

Anyone listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast? There are several good episodes on fascist alt-right types from the past. Literally nothing ever changes. Through every different iteration in every different time and place that they became a relevant thing they were always larping incel dipshits who turned into terrorists or worse.

It’s so good

4 minutes ago, achooloco said:

are you saying the alt-right isn't flat our racism? cause that would be news.

I got the sense that this thread was more cheeky fun poking at the Ben Shapiros and less crippling depression.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

That guy would've been kinda fun to troll. 

"I've been killing arabs like him for 20 years."

"Looks like you fell one short. Now look at you. You don't have valid identification and you can't even get a phone activated."

"I've been on five continents!"

"Now you're just incontinent. You blew it. You failed all of us and now you wear one of those giant key rings that janitors use."

"He's why this country is the way it is now.'

"You think I should just get unlimited data? I've never gone over 1gig in a single month."

"He shouldn't even be in this country!"

"I can tell you're frustrated. There's a payphone in the corner of the shopping center. I just saw it because some smartass teenagers were giggling about it and taking pictures of it."

This article by the Ringer sums things up pretty well 

In contrast, Quillette, National Review, and The Daily Wire form a “classical” axis that struggles to reconcile the right’s contempt for science with its nonetheless dominant urge to masturbate to the Enlightenment

No one is scared to debate Singal, Shapiro, or Sullivan; they are, in most cases, simply annoyed. No journalist, no activist, no person of any persuasion wants to argue with a bad listener; no one wants to match against yet another rationalist champion only to find him retreating immediately to backchannels, whining about how many people are retweeting his opponents when they could be celebrating him. Routinely, the rationalists and the “wrongthinkers” disgrace the distinctions between provocation and trolling, between playing the devil’s advocate and presuming oneself to be the Twitter messiah, between begging for nuance and clamoring for attention. If this is “debate,” if this is discourse as ideally envisioned by the web rationalists, then there’s no wonder why a generation of journalists and activists might turn to other modes of opposition.

Link

• Like 1

The dude signed something saying all this happened on the promise he'd be a star in Republican circles and that other victims needed someone to go first before they came out?  What an absolute sub-Wohl-level idiot.  I guess that is why he is a Republican to begin with.

Honestly.  This event will pop up every month as long as Buttigieg's star is on the rise.  We will hear about it in 2024.  Remember when he drugged and assaulted another man?  The lying press tried to cover it up by getting the guy to recant, but he signed the document saying it happened!  That's all it takes to sway the 5% of the electorate necessary to win an election.  

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but if he was being investigated by the FBI for trying to frame Mueller, doesn’t this put him in an even further world of shit?

Uh...The Mueller Report made it clear being a complete idiot is a viable defense from criminal liability.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but if he was being investigated by the FBI for trying to frame Mueller, doesn’t this put him in an even further world of shit?

I believe this falls under the Brock Turner "just boys being boys" white privilege defense in the eyes of our esteemed Justice Department and FBI. 

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Interesting piece.  This segment stands out:

No one can be totally alone. Even if you’re hated by the majority of people, if you have kindred spirits cheering you on in the minority, you can survive. McHugh might have gone on longer if she hadn’t become toxic to not only the wider world — but also her alt-right former friends. In The Origins of Totalitarianism, Hannah Arendt writes about the way the lonely deduce the worst, and the way that totalitarian government “bases itself on loneliness, on the experience of not belonging to the world at all, which is among the most radical and desperate experiences of man. …What makes loneliness so unbearable is the loss of one’s own self which can be realized in solitude, but confirmed in its identity only by the trusting and trustworthy company of my equals.”

The psychology of our current state of affairs is fascinating (well, it would be if it weren't so horrifying).

In matters of politics, faith, family, and society in general, the dichotomy between "community" and the individual has been turned into a toxic war.  We are social beings.  We long for community.  In Christianity, we are called to be in community (seriously, it's a common thread throughout the faith).  Our greatest accomplishments as a nation have been achieved as a community (WWII, our post-war prosperity, hell, Armstrong walked on the moon, but thousands of people working together for a common purpose put him there, using dollars contributed by every American).  But today, we have an ethos being sold as fuck the community, the individual matters the most, and should always come before the interest of the community as a whole.

The idea of the common good matters.  It is foundational.  What makes the American philosophy brilliant (at times) is that it managed to strike something of a balance between the common good and the rights and protection of the individual.  We haven't always gotten it right, of course -- not even close.  But the concept/goal was there.  But the alt-right is individualistic nihilism, with an undercurrent of rage and vengeance against a society that has somehow wronged them.

• Like 3

While there are other options to FB, YT, Twitter or Instagram, the audience is drastically smaller. I also imagine that other content creators will be forced to avoid interviewing them as well. Joe Rogan won't want to see his podcast or youtube dropped because of an Alex Jones interview.

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy