Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

19 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

If Trump loses next year, the months from Nov - Jan are going to be very interesting in this country. 

If by interesting, you mean he moves his shit out of the WH and heads to Mar-a-lago within a week of the election, and doesn't come back to Washington, then I guess that's interesting.

This is mind-bottling

During his arrest, the teen’s mother told officers that her son was “just a little kid playing a video game” and that he shouldn’t be “treated like a terrorist” for making a joke, according to a video of the encounter released by authorities.

“How do we know he’s not going to be the kid from Parkland…that he’s not going to be the next kid, the kid that shot up Sandy Hook,” Detective Brian Howard told the mother. “We don’t know that.”

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office on Monday released body camera footage of the teen’s arrest as a warning, saying, “jokes or not, these types of comments are felonies under the law.”

The mom, who became upset during the conversation, argued that “these kids say stuff like that all the time.”

“It is a joke to them,” she said. “It’s a game.”

She asked why her son was being arrested “just for a comment.”

Howard told her that her son had made a written statement to kill people and carry out a mass shooting or act of terror.

“So if I get on there and say ‘I pledge ISIS and I’m going to blow everybody up,’ that’s the same charge as ‘you know what man, I’m fed up and I’m going to school tomorrow and shoot up my school,’” he told her.

However, the woman repeatedly insisted that her son was “just a little boy.”

“Yes, he’s 15 but he’s still a little boy,” she said. “He’s not one of the crazy people out there doing stuff … he shouldn’t be treated as though he is a terrorist or something just because he made a silly statement on a stupid video game.”

The mother told authorities that the family did have a gun in the residence, but that her son did not have access to it.

“So he has hands and feet,” Howard responded. “He can grab your gun and go do something.”

To which she replied, “He would never do anything like that.”

“We don’t know that,” the officer said.

Another officer, Deputy Jeff Werfel, who was also on the scene attempted to console the mother, saying that parents always believe that their kids wouldn’t carry out a mass shooting, “but unfortunately someone’s son does.”

“This is the world we’re in where kids are getting shot at school while they’re trying to learn,” Werfel told the mom. “And unfortunately we can’t take risks and we can’t say ‘alright, we trust that this guy is not going to do it’ and then it happens and then we say ‘well, we had the chance to stop it.’”

She then blamed “grown ups” on video game apps who “goaded” her son.

Detective Howard reprimanded her for accusing adults for influencing her son’s behavior.

“You need a roof over your head, food, and water,” he told her. “He doesn’t need the game.”

People still view the internet as some wild wild west, some artificial place that doesn't have consequences. We're anonymous, so what is done isn't real.

His mother doesn't get that what the kid said might has well have been written on paper and mailed to the FBI as a real threat. The medium doesn't change the responsibilities of your words and actions. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is mind-bottling

I don't think it's at all surprising that mothers tend to think, 'Not my little baby.' Mothers love their children and most bad or troubled people love their mothers. They hide their criminal side from Mom. Do you want a mother who always assumes the worst about you?

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't think it's at all surprising that mothers tend to think, 'Not my little baby.' Mothers love their children and most bad or troubled people love their mothers. They hide their criminal side from Mom. Do you want a mother who always assumes the worst about you?

On 8/19/2019 at 12:39 AM, bolverk said:

If you believe that "all men are created equal," as stated in one of our founding documents, then no American -- Right or Left -- should have any problem denouncing shitheads who want to divide us along those lines. 

As a kid I found that passage to be pretty powerful. As I got older and realized that most of those founding fathers supported slavery, or actually had them, itmade me realize that only men with my skin color mattered to them when it was written. Fuck the founding fathers for regarding people with darker skin as being lesser human beings. 

If you think these dumbass Trumpkins regard anyone not lily white as being equal to them as a human being there is a bridge not far from me that I'll sell to you. 

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

As a kid I found that passage to be pretty powerful. As I got older and realized that most of those founding fathers supported slavery, or actually had them, itmade me realize that only men with my skin color mattered to them when it was written. Fuck the founding fathers for regarding people with darker skin as being lesser human beings. 

If you think these dumbass Trumpkins regard anyone not lily white as being equal to them as a human being there is a bridge not far from me that I'll sell to you. 

Enlightenment doesn't come all at once. The concept is correct, our founding fathers' worldview was just uninformed. Darwin didn't publish On the Origin of Species until 1859. Before that they just didn't know any better. Now we have no excuse. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Enlightenment doesn't come all at once. The concept is correct, our founding fathers' worldview was just uninformed. Darwin didn't publish On the Origin of Species until 1859. Before that they just didn't know any better. Now we have no excuse. 

The only excuse they had was skin color and thinking that being white made them superior intellectually. That just makes them some extremely dumb sons of bitches. We're they here today Dotard would have secured most of their votes. 

Edited by UpperWestside

The Wall was a documentary sent from the future, much like Idiocracy. 

If so it has a (somewhat) happy ending...Pink reconciles his sins with his antagonists, realizes his isolation and angst were his own doing “I have to know...have I been guilty all this time...time to know, time to know”, is sentenced to be exposed before his peers by a judge, and duly executed it by tearing down his wall to the tune of a mob demanding its destruction.

Of course, if you listen very closely at the beginning/end, you’ll hear a quiet voice asking “isn’t this where...we came in?”, insinuating the madness is a repeating cycle.

Roger initially wanted to keep The Wall up as a fuck you statement, but (probably due to Ezrin) changed it to a redemption story.

Maybe the whole Trump thing plays out the same, where it all started due to the isolation in the limelight that comes from being a rock star playing endlessly to adoring fans without real human interaction...eventually cracking, spitting on one of the ‘million tear stained eyes’, and creating one of the most insightful introspective albums ever that ultimately ends in simultaneous justice and retribution...

Sadly Trump is no Roger and there’s no Gilmour in the GOP to soften the edge...this is more like The Final Cut than The Wall.

If so it has a (somewhat) happy ending...Pink reconciles his sins with his antagonists, realizes his isolation and angst were his own doing “I have to know...have I been guilty all this time...time to know, time to know”, is sentenced to be exposed before his peers by a judge, and duly executed it by tearing down his wall to the tune of a mob demanding its destruction.

Of course, if you listen very closely at the beginning/end, you’ll hear a quiet voice asking “isn’t this where...we came in?”, insinuating the madness is a repeating cycle.

Roger initially wanted to keep The Wall up as a fuck you statement, but (probably due to Ezrin) changed it to a redemption story.

Maybe the whole Trump thing plays out the same, where it all started due to the isolation in the limelight that comes from being a rock star playing endlessly to adoring fans without real human interaction...eventually cracking, spitting on one of the ‘million tear stained eyes’, and creating one of the most insightful introspective albums ever that ultimately ends in simultaneous justice and retribution...

Sadly Trump is no Roger and there’s no Gilmour in the GOP to soften the edge...this is more like The Final Cut than The Wall.

When’s the part where we get totally baked and the giant inflated pig explodes? That was cool last time I saw it....

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I know my mama

if there was evidence of me just even “joking” of doing something like this, she would have told the officers to go home and made me go pick which tree branch was going to me my switch for an ass wjoopin

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Eh, plenty of people knew at the time that slavery was wrong and that the founding fathers were giant hypocrites.  We need to be able to accept that, because this mythology we've built around them that they were the greatest people to ever live and no defects can be acknowledged is part of the problem that we're dealing with today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Eh, plenty of people knew at the time that slavery was wrong and that the founding fathers were giant hypocrites.  We need to be able to accept that, because this mythology we've built around them that they were the greatest people to ever live and no defects can be acknowledged is part of the problem that we're dealing with today. 

Bill Maher had a good bit a couple weeks ago that applies here. The relevant part to this topic is that if you were rich and white in America back then, you probably owned slaves. The first abolition society was formed in 1775 and consisted of 24 people (mostly Quakers). Bill jokes that there were only 24 people opposed to slavery but the point is that there were some. Were there plenty? I don't know how you'd define that. Did they have access to and influence on the drafters of the Constitution? The founding fathers were operating in the world that existed at the time. It's easy with hindsight to say they should've known better but none of us can know how we would have felt or behaved if we were alive back then. 

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bill Maher had a good bit a couple weeks ago that applies here. The relevant part to this topic is that if you were rich and white in America back then, you probably owned slaves. The first abolition society was formed in 1775 and consisted of 24 people (mostly Quakers). Bill jokes that there were only 24 people opposed to slavery but the point is that there were some. Were there plenty? I don't know how you'd define that. Did they have access to and influence on the drafters of the Constitution? The founding fathers were operating in the world that existed at the time. It's easy with hindsight to say they should've known better but none of us can know how we would have felt or behaved if we were alive back then. 

This is ahistorical.  A ton of people thought it was wrong at the time and the framers were well aware of their arguments (and many sympathetic to them). However, slavery had made most of the framers very wealthy and they didn't want to give wealth up.

This is from a speech by Edmund Burke in 1775:

ECisMV0XkAUlWhl.jpg

There's tons of examples of people on both sides of the Atlantic (including black people) pointing out how ridiculous it was for our founders to compare their relationship to the king as slavery while themselves actually enslaving black people.  If you follow Adam Serwer, Jamelle Bouie, and Jane Coaston on Twitter they've been posting a lot of them.  

• Like 1

Just posted that video in the active shooter thread. That woman 100% says that the problem with the US today is that there is a lack of personal responsibility.
I've found that people who talk about "personal responsibility" typically mean that the government shouldn't impose any responsibility on them.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is ahistorical.  A ton of people thought it was wrong at the time and the framers were well aware of their arguments (and many sympathetic to them). However, slavery had made most of the framers very wealthy and they didn't want to give wealth up.

This is from a speech by Edmund Burke in 1775:

ECisMV0XkAUlWhl.jpg

There's tons of examples of people on both sides of the Atlantic (including black people) pointing out how ridiculous it was for our founders to compare their relationship to the king as slavery while themselves actually enslaving black people.  If you follow Adam Serwer, Jamelle Bouie, and Jane Coaston on Twitter they've been posting a lot of them.  

Can you say for sure which side you would've fallen on if you were alive in the 18th century? What if, like Thomas Jefferson, you were born into wealth and privilege to slaveholding parents? It's the only life you ever knew. Are you sure you would've seen the light? Again, hindsight is 20/20. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wasnt sure this was true when I first read it earlier today. Sounds like this story has legs, though. I no longer live in Texas, but those of you who still do cannot take this sitting down!  

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this as it didn't involve violence, but here it is:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/23/keep-marysville-white-racist-remark-by-would-be-mayor-shocks-michigan-city

'Keep Marysville white': racist remark by would-be councilor shocks Michigan city

For the first hour of the election forum in Marysville, Michigan, on Thursday night the debate between the five candidates for a city council seat dealt with the local subjects you might expect – how to improve Little League fields, new real estate developments and the like.

Then the question came: “Do you believe the diversity of our community needs to be looked at?”

First to answer was Jean Cramer, a local resident running her first political campaign. She replied: “Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible.”

Her response, reported by the Times-Herald newspaper in Port Huron, sent a ripple of laughter and then shock across the hall. Marysville, a small town of 10,000 north-east of Detroit, is 98% white and 0.3% African American.

Cramer’s unalloyed remark was immediately denounced by other Marysville figures. The town’s acting mayor, Kathy Hayman, said: “I don’t even know that I can talk yet, I’m so upset and shocked.”

Hayman added that her father was Syrian. “So basically, what you’ve said is that my father and his family had no business in this community.”

After the forum ended, Cramer doubled down on her racist outburst to the Times Herald.

She insisted she was not “against blacks” but went on to say: “A husband and wife need to be the same race … That’s how it’s been [since] … God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time.”

Paradoxically, of the five candidates in November’s mayoral election, Cramer has the weakest roots within Marysville. The other four were born in the town or have lived there for decades, but as the Times Herald pointed out she only moved to the community within the last 10 years.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this as it didn't involve violence, but here it is:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/23/keep-marysville-white-racist-remark-by-would-be-mayor-shocks-michigan-city

This is the kind of politician that @Johnny Sack .... well, let’s be perfectly honest here ... 100% of Republicans ... can really get behind.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Andy Ngo also goes with the advance scouting group, which finds the antifa people they are going to attack are drinking on the patio at a bar and do not have weapons. He comes back with the advance scouts when they report this. Here's the video that was filmed by someone that had infiltrated and was trying to expose Patriot Prayer group as the violent, instigating thugs they are.

Earlier in the day Andy Ngo filmed, named and posted on Twitter video of Heather Clark for having attempted to disrupt James Damore's talk at Portland State. In the riot Andy Ngo was filmed advance scouting for, Patriot Prayer group members broke Heather Clark's neck. Andy Ngo then doxxed her again as the woman "knocked out cold". He should be criminally charged with the rest of them.  

It's an 18 minute video, I get it if you don't want to watch it, but don't comment on a video you didn't watch and show your ignorance. 

The video clearly shows Patriot Prayer members planning and preparing for a violent assault on people drinking on a patio at a bar. It shows them in helmets, with extendable batons and respirators. It shows at least one of the guys wearing gloves with plates over the knuckles. It shows people talking about using pepper spray and trying to determine which way the wind was blowing in advance of their assault. It shows them traveling to the bar, then initiating and instigating a fight. It shows that the people they attacked 

It shows Andy Ngo was there for all of it and was aware of that they had brought weapons, aware of what they were planning and aware that they intended to initiate violence.  He did not notify police that Patriot Prayer group was armed and planning to assault people. He neglected to mention any of it in his "reporting". Instead, he blamed the entire altercation on antifa. 

This article discusses the American Identity Movement, essentially the Klan sans bedsheets and pointy dunces hats:

https://forward.com/news/national/429705/american-identity-movement-white-nationalist/

“The historical archive would indicate that we should expect these big, public-facing groups that are attempting to make claims at neutrality,” she said, “to also be involved in this violent underground.”

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't know if this belongs here or in the mockery thread; sorry if it is in the wrong place. I suppose it could also go in the parking lot thread. I couldn't tell if the lady has a Canadians for Trump sticker, but she is cut from the same cloth.

It warms my heart to know that bitch is likely more miserable than she could ever relay.  Pathetic.