Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Are you fucking dense?

Nothing more than the press are a pack of brain dead sheep.

So you're making a random statement about the media and in no way arguing that it wasn't antivaxxer proud boys beating up journalists and skirmishing in street fights while the police let it happen?

Tell me what really happened, if you're arguing the reporters are lying.  

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

So you're making a random statement about the media and in no way arguing that it wasn't antivaxxer proud boys beating up journalists and skirmishing in street fights while the police let it happen?

Tell me what really happened, if you're arguing the reporters are lying.  

Cool, you are dense.  Noted.

Surprised we haven't had the same breathless minute-by-minute reporting from @workswithseed on the proud boys street brawling, destroying property (!!!), and shooting at people they suspect to be anti-fascists. 

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/22/far-right-activists-counterprotesters-gather-in-portland/

Far right groups gathered Sunday in Portland for an event they called the “Summer of Love,” even as the rally date was chosen to commemorate an extraordinarily violent clash last summer in the city. The event ended with a roving brawl along busy city streets in the Parkrose neighborhood, and shots being fired in downtown Portland. No one was reported injured in the shooting incident

Anti-fascists and far left demonstrators gathered downtown early in the day to oppose the far right gathering. The two sides eventually clashed in Northeast Portland after remaining separate for hours, leaving a spree of violence that stretched blocks.

After the violence ended in Northeast Portland, an unidentified man fired a handgun at what appeared to be a group of anti-fascists downtown. Portland police moved in and arrested the man. Video posted online also appeared to show someone shooting back after the man opened fire. Information was not immediately available on what led to the shooting.

Early in the day, organizers of the far right event announced they were moving their rally from Waterfront Park in downtown to a commercial parking lot in Northeast Portland. Hundreds of people with the anti-fascist group congregated at Waterfront Park, despite the relocation.

Far right activists, meanwhile, set up a stage on a small trailer in the commercial parking lot along Northeast 122nd Avenue.

Photos and videos streamed online showed members of the Proud Boys — a frequently violent far right group — gathering and speaking at the conservative event. Among them was Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, who has been convicted of engaging in violence at protests.

“We’re not going to stand down,” Toese said. He added that his group was “not playing this time,” but said they did not have plans to leave the Northeast Portland location Sunday.

The armed proud boys were dragging people from their vehicles and slashing the tires and severely damaging the vehicle. That means we send in the national fucking guard right?? 

https://v.redd.it/49vpwdv140j71

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Surprised we haven't had the same breathless minute-by-minute reporting from @workswithseed on the proud boys street brawling, destroying property (!!!), and shooting at people they suspect to be anti-fascists. 

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/22/far-right-activists-counterprotesters-gather-in-portland/

The armed proud boys were dragging people from their vehicles and slashing the tires and severely damaging the vehicle. That means we send in the national fucking guard right?? 

Hard to post, slash tires and rip folks from their cars all at the same time. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thanks, I'll take the minute by minute details from you.

Just now, workswithseed said:

Thanks, I'll take the minute by minute details from you.

Don't you care about property damage though?? Last year, you said it justified bringing the the feds and overriding local rule. Just wanted to confirm that you don't give a shit about this violence, considering how plugged in you were last year on your local violence

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Don't you care about property damage though?? Last year, you said it justified bringing the the feds and overriding local rule. Just wanted to confirm that you don't give a shit about this violence, considering how plugged in you were last year on your local violence

So you're mad at me with something that happened yesterday, as I just got home from climbing this yesterday with the fiance's family, sorry I couldn't be here to deliver the on the ground news report.

IMG_20210823_054045.jpg

IMG_20210823_054101.jpg

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So you're mad at me with something that happened yesterday, as I just got home from climbing this yesterday with the fiance's family, sorry I couldn't be here to deliver the on the ground news report.

IMG_20210823_054045.jpg

IMG_20210823_054101.jpg

Nice alibi and "boat was out of wifi" post. A surly spin on a shaggy classic

• Hook 'Em 1

IMG_20210823_054045.thumb.jpg.eb429ec5595244ea0428bf3f44b7d495.jpg
IMG_20210823_054101.thumb.jpg.14af2fd961e80abedb3125962f004520.jpg

Nice picture of some basalt columns. I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing them in person myself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Nice picture of some basalt columns. I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing them in person myself.

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/tripreport-2005071610

It's a good hike up to the lake, but the columns are about 30 minutes up from the start of the hike. Make sure to have a vehicle that you don't mind if it gets scratched up by tree limbs. It's got an mile and a half drive up a single lane dirt road.

• Hook 'Em 1

"Have you seen the Basalt Columns, Krueger?!?"

"Dad, he doesn't need to see them." 

"He's gonna see them!  They have a very high strength-to-weight ratio." 

It's a good hike up to the lake, but the columns are about 30 minutes up from the start of the hike. Make sure to have a vehicle that you don't mind if it gets scratched up by tree limbs. It's got an mile and a half drive up a single lane dirt road.

Thanks, but I am just as likely to see the Giants’ Causeway as I am to see the left coasts locations anytime soon.

so we're basically two weeks away from people voluntarily disabling the ABS and air bag systems in their personal vehicles?  

cool, cool.  

That guy was smoking a filtered cigarette.  He looks old enough to remember when those became strongly encouraged by the government.  A real Patriot would remove all the filters from his pack before smoking.  

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No wonder the people in Portland don't trust the cops.  If those were members of some Muslim group instead of the Proud Boys, there would be asses being kicked by the cops.

Historically speaking, cops tend to side with the authoritarian/fascist streetfighters over the antifascists. At least in Germany, Italy, and Spain before the fascists actually had any power.

It's not really an indictment of individual police officers, but thinking logically about it, their natural allies ARE going to be the people that want to militarize the cops and make them more brutal. Not to mention that police departments are always harboring and encouraging nationalist sympathies.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/23/politics/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio/index.html

Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio was sentenced Monday to more than five months in jail for burning a church's Black Lives Matter banner in December and bringing high-capacity rifle magazines to Washington, DC, days before the US Capitol insurrection.

The decision was handed down Monday by Judge Harold L. Cushenberry Jr. of DC Superior Court. Even though Tarrio was not in Washington on the day of the January 6 insurrection, the judge said Tarrio's preceding conduct in the nation's capital undermined American democracy.

Tarrio, who has led the far-right extremist organization since 2018, pleaded guilty in July to the two misdemeanors. Federal prosecutors had asked the judge to give Tarrio three months in jail.

Should have been more time, but it's a start.

• Hook 'Em 1

The California Supreme Court on Monday overturned the conviction and the death sentence of a man who admitted to killing his sister and her husband for being liberals — among other perceived flaws. The state’s highest court ruled that the lower trial court erred by finding Edward Wycoff competent for trial even though a forensic psychologist found that he was incompetent and couldn’t rationally communicate with his attorneys, according to the unanimous opinion penned by Associate Justice Martin Jenkins.

Under the opinion, the trial judge should have followed state statutes 1368 and 1369 in addressing and treating the defendant’s competency. Contra Cosa County prosecutors can retry Wycoff, but the appellate decision brings the court process back to square one.

Wycoff represented himself in the killings of Julie Rogers, 47, and Paul Rogers, 48, on Jan. 31, 2006, and his case serves as a worst-case scenario for what might happen when defendants go pro se. He turned the 2009 trial in a mockery, bragging about what he did and cracking jokes.

There was nothing jokey about happened. Wearing black and a motorcycle helmet, the defendant broke into the couple’s home and attacked both victims with a knife and wheelbarrow handle, according to the Supreme Court opinion. An officer found Julie near the swimming pool with her intestines exposed. The dying Paul, found with a knife in his back, told his son Eric Rogers, then 17, and the police that Wycoff was his assailant. According to the opinion, the uncle did not use a gun because he did not want the killings to be “another statistic that liberals could use” to support gun control.

The defendant eventually butted heads with his attorneys and chose to go pro se, according to the opinion. He did not want to pursue an insanity defense because it was a “small victory” not worth pursuing, he rationed; he also believed his lawyers were trying to lock him away so no one would learn he was (in his view) actually sane. Besides that, he believed conviction was likely based on the strong evidence and that if he were sentenced to death, it would take time to happen.

Forensic psychologist Paul Good found that Wycoff lived with paranoid schizophrenia. From the Supreme Court opinion:

Dr. Good’s report stated that he had interviewed defendant on three occasions, and he found “defendant’s thought process . . . clear, coherent and goal directed.” Defendant “displayed a concrete ability for abstract thought.” Nonetheless, Dr. Good diagnosed defendant as “most probably suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia,” and in any case suffering from “severe mental illness.” He based that conclusion “on the presence of paranoid and grandiose delusions, negative symptoms of flattened affect, and long-standing interpersonal alienation.”

A trial court judge nonetheless found that Wycoff was competent to face charges.

The defendant spent the trial trying to justify what he had done.  He badmouthed his sister as evil and characterized Paul as weak. The Supreme Court’s opinion explained:

Eventually, defendant decided to kill his sister, but he thought it was a “big thing” to do, so he climbed a hill in the desert near Mojave and prayed about it. He asked God to intervene to stop him — perhaps by creating a traffic accident — if God did not want him to follow through with his plan. Then he heard a rumbling sound in the sky. (Edwards Air Force Base is located near Mojave.) Defendant understood the rumble to mean “prayer received,” and during the next week, everything was normal — that is, there was no unusual circumstance that obstructed defendant’s plan.

Wycoff showed anything but remorse for what he had done.

“I’m proud of that,” he said of the slayings during a cross-examination. “I accomplished something.”

He doubled down in closing arguments.

“I do not deserve punishment for this,” he said. “I deserve award and reward and to live a beautiful, peaceful life for this. You know, people need to look up at me and appreciate me for this.”

He also called members of the jury “lumpers,” “comically challenged,” and “midgets,” according to the opinion.

His attitude continued into the sentencing phase of the case.  He asked that it be scheduled to take place on his birthday.

“Welcome to my birthday party,” he said. “Is everyone having fun? Is everyone having a good time?”

Eric Rogers nonetheless said he did not think his uncle should receive the death penalty.  He called the defendant immature.

“It would be wrong for you to get the death penalty, you specifically, because you’re mentally childish,” he told the defendant at sentencing. “You’re very immature for your age. I know people who have known you for a long time, and they say you haven’t changed much since you were about nine years old.”

Wycoff twisted these words, construing it as condoning the double murder.

“I’m his favorite uncle, and he appreciates everything I done for him,” he said.

The trial court must conclude Wycoff is competent if prosecutors want a retrial.

“If defendant again seeks to represent himself, the trial court has discretion, depending on the medical evidence, to deny self-representation,” Supreme Court Jenkins wrote.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, workswithseed said:

Did you run into any Antifa?

I like that he "read" the Nuremberg laws from the tattoo on his left wrist without a hint of irony.  

But yes, The Right Honourable Geoffrey Lawrence was very clear in 1947 when he stated that no Michigan municipality could dictate, even in times of communicable disease, any type of mitigation mandates.  They Knighted him for his stoic clarity.   

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Biggest bunch of fucking snowflakes.

We have 6 year-olds who have no problem wearing masks to school because they want to protect their classmates and it's the right thing to do.

And then you have these fucking 40-something man babies that can't handle it.

Fucking snowflakes.

It's embarrassing how soft this country has become when the fucking middle-aged man babies can't handle a little piece of cloth.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who brings a bayonet to a semi-automatic fight?  

And what the fuck with the "Jewish-Satanist" party?  Are these lunatics even trying anymore?  You can't plead insanity when it's obvious you're not even coming up with your own reality.  You're just mashing up terms you know and seeing what sticks.  Was the "Buddhist-Taliban-Inferno" party no longer taking new members?