Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Where do you draw the line  on ancestral culture?  10 years? 100 years? 500 years? 1000 years? Or is it arbitrary to boost narrative.

Please define "identity" and does this view apply across approx.  40 million people that it could potentially apply to in the US.

"Betrayal" of what?

The term "coconut" has a major component as skin tone prejudice.  It also has undertones of racism where in fact there are none (they're all the same race).

Anglo-American "white" cultural hegemony is a very close cousin of the Spanish/Mexican "white" caste system.

As an American whose parents were born/raised in Mexico (very humble lives) and came to this country in the late 40s,  I thoroughly understand Mexican

"ancestral culture".  I find terms like "coconut" ignorant.  It is especially amusing when you hear it from Mexican-Americans who can't speak spanish.

Also see, "pocho",  as it relates to our shared "ancestral culture". 

Unfortunately, these types of discussions are better in person as there are many nuances.

There is no timeline. You are being disingenuous by insisting that there is one. It exists as long as a people with a shared culture and history continue to pass it down to another generation.

The Spanish colonial caste system is not at play with the terms being discussed. It's actually the inverse. The terms are used as a way to separate oneself from the hegemonic culture that makes up the ruling polity because they are seen as oppressors. It's a refusal to identify with the people that suppressed our ancestors. Keep in mind that the U.S. government revoked the white status of Mexican Americans as well as the legal rights and protections that were included with that status.

It wasn't until our lifetime that the government attempted to reassign whiteness to Mexican Americans but by that point our people didn't identify as white, hence the term White - Hispanic.

As generations of Mexican Americans lived through blatant racism, segregation, targeted violence, suppression of voting rights and the legal theft of property, identifying with the white hegemony was seen as a betrayal to all our people that suffered at the hands of the oppressors.

The terms have nothing to do with skin tone as you are implying. As someone who's Mexican guero family has been in Texas for generations I can tell you that skin tone has nothing to do with the term. My grandparents and parents always emphasized the sin of "passing". Sure we could blend with the whites but to do so would be a betrayal of our people that couldn't pass. My parents have a lot of stories about being offered a pass during segregation in front of their friends and cousins who had darker skin. "You can come inside but not those wet backs" was basically how all their stories went.

So the betrayal is about siding with the oppressors when given the opportunity. That would be the fucking coconuts in MAGA hats talking shit about immigrants that followed the same path as the coconut's family. You don’t join the oppressors when given the opportunity, you tell them to go fuck themselves and quit being a dick to immigrants and other people of color.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, F250 said:

There is no timeline. You are being disingenuous by insisting that there is one. It exists as long as a people with a shared culture and history continue to pass it down to another generation.

The Spanish colonial caste system is not at play with the terms being discussed. It's actually the inverse. The terms are used as a way to separate oneself from the hegemonic culture that makes up the ruling polity because they are seen as oppressors. It's a refusal to identify with the people that suppressed our ancestors. Keep in mind that the U.S. government revoked the white status of Mexican Americans as well as the legal rights and protections that were included with that status.

It wasn't until our lifetime that the government attempted to reassign whiteness to Mexican Americans but by that point our people didn't identify as white, hence the term White - Hispanic.

As generations of Mexican Americans lived through blatant racism, segregation, targeted violence, suppression of voting rights and the legal theft of property, identifying with the white hegemony was seen as a betrayal to all our people that suffered at the hands of the oppressors.

The terms have nothing to do with skin tone as you are implying. As someone who's Mexican guero family has been in Texas for generations I can tell you that skin tone has nothing to do with the term. My grandparents and parents always emphasized the sin of "passing". Sure we could blend with the whites but to do so would be a betrayal of our people that couldn't pass. My parents have a lot of stories about being offered a pass during segregation in front of their friends and cousins who had darker skin. "You can come inside but not those wet backs" was basically how all their stories went.

So the betrayal is about siding with the oppressors when given the opportunity. That would be the fucking coconuts in MAGA hats talking shit about immigrants that followed the same path as the coconut's family. You don’t join the oppressors when given the opportunity, you tell them to go fuck themselves and quit being a dick to immigrants and other people of color.

Disingenuous?  There is nothing insincere in my comments.

The term "coconut" literally is "brown on the outside, white on the inside".  It's a term that's loaded and does not have one meaning

I understand well the histories of Spain, Mexico and Texas; and the various injustices that have been visited upon populations of the "new world" for hundreds of years.

I'm not the one claiming to speak for "my people" and the disparate identities of such.  Ethnic groups are not homogeneous blocs.

You want to use the words pinche coconut with those you know closely.  Hey, go for it.  You can use it whenever you want.  

From my point of view, it's ignorant.  From your point of view, my thoughts are disingenuous.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Disingenuous?  There is nothing insincere in my comments.

The term "coconut" literally is "brown on the outside, white on the inside".  It's a term that's loaded and does not have one meaning

I understand well the histories of Spain, Mexico and Texas; and the various injustices that have been visited upon populations of the "new world" for hundreds of years.

I'm not the one claiming to speak for "my people" and the disparate identities of such.  Ethnic groups are not homogeneous blocs.

You want to use the words pinche coconut with those you know closely.  Hey, go for it.  You can use it whenever you want.  

From my point of view, it's ignorant.  From your point of view, my thoughts are disingenuous.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ok, coconut.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial today.  What say ye Surly wags?  Guilty? Not guilty?  Manslaughter?  Reasonable self-defense?

I have a bad feeling he's going to get away with it and become a hero to the residents of Trumpistan.

Based on the judge, I say he walks and gets a reward.   He'll be a GQP congressperson as soon as he turns 25.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial today.  What say ye Surly wags?  Guilty? Not guilty?  Manslaughter?  Reasonable self-defense?

I have a bad feeling he's going to get away with it and become a hero to the residents of Trumpistan.

Yeah, ummmm......

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Based on the judge, I say he walks and gets a reward.   He'll be a GQP congressperson as soon as he turns 25.

This.

Just ask yourself "what fits in best with this fucking insanely horrible timeline?"  And you have your answer.  Rittenhouse's name will be used as a rallying cry as future MAGAs gun down people they deem "antifa," and future  Congressman Rittenhouse will speak proudly on the subject at the next CPAC conference.

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Man, fuck that judge.  I had heard about the "victim" thing, but I hadn't heard about everything else. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/29/are-men-kyle-rittenhouse-killed-victims-not-according-judge/

Spoiler

One issue is the language that can be used by prosecutors and defense lawyers in front of the jury. Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder ruled that because Rittenhouse is claiming self-defense, the men he shot should not be referred to as “victims.” The appropriate terms, Schroeder said, would be “complaining witness” or “decedent”; whether those shot were victims is an issue for the jury to decide.

At the same time, Schroeder ruled that defense lawyers will be permitted to refer to the people Rittenhouse shot as “arsonists,” “looter” or “rioters” if there is evidence they took part in those activities. The judge said he will allow this evidence because its relevant how dangerous Rittenhouse may have perceived the men to be — even though the defense has not suggested that Rittenhouse knew they were engaged in these crimes at the time he shot them.

Maybe Schroeder is just trying to safeguard Rittenhouse’s right to a fair trial, a critical responsibility for any judge. Judges in criminal trials are often called on to balance difficult issues: What terms are fair commentary, and what are prejudicial? What evidence of prior behavior is relevant, and what is too inflammatory to allow?

Schroeder’s decision to prohibit the use of the term “victim” is unusual but not unprecedented. The judge in former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s trial for murdering George Floyd discouraged the prosecutors from referring to Floyd as a victim, but he did not forbid them from doing so.

But Schroeder crossed the line from jurist to advocate when he forbid prosecutors from saying “victim” because, he said, it’s a “loaded” word, but allowed the defense to say “arsonist,” “looter” and “rioter” — as if those words aren’t just as loaded. Schroeder’s decision supports the defense strategy of putting the victims on trial, to make it sound as though they got what they deserved.

Indeed, Schroeder went so far as to say that the defense lawyers can “demonize” the three men who Rittenhouse killed if they think that will score points with the jury. This is judicially sanctioned slander.

Over the objections of prosecutors, he will allow the jury to see a video of the police thanking a group of vigilantes and handing them bottles of water. The defense will use the clip to suggest that not only was Rittenhouse entitled to be in Kenosha with an assault rifle, the local police were actually glad he was there.

Yet the judge turned down prosecutors’ request to admit as evidence video of Rittenhouse beating up a teenage girl who got into a fight with his sister. Nor will the judge allow video of Rittenhouse stating, 15 days before the Kenosha shootings, “Bro, I wish I had my [expletive] AR, I’d start shooting rounds at them” about people he suspected were shoplifting.

Last winter, Rittenhouse flew to Miami, where he met with the leader of the Proud Boys, a white supremacist-adjacent organization that was active in BLM counterprotests. The judge won’t let the jury know about that, or another occasion on which Rittenhouse hung out with Proud Boys members at a bar.

The prosecutors contend that all of this is compelling evidence of Rittenhouse’s propensity for violence and his criminal intent. The judge insists it’s irrelevant.

So to recap:

• People who get gunned down in the streets - can't be referred to as victims
  • People who might have been involved in misconduct - can be referred to as "arsonists," "looters", "rioters"
  • Video of shooter bro'ing it up with trigger happy cops - definitely probative evidence of what a great kid he was and that he had been welcomed by the authorities to "keep the peace" 
  • Video of shooter saying that he'd love to gun down shoplifters 15 days before actually gunning down protesters - irrelevant and inadmissible
  • Evidence of shooter flying to Miami to meet with leader of white supremacist group and hanging out with members of group (months before driving to Wisconsin to gun down minority protesters) - irrelevant and inadmissible.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47oha2429075fwbm9jaw8

No updates on the CBI fire last night, but Alter spoke her piece.  I'm still leaning towards homeless, since I'd think the neo-Nazis would be going after targets with a lot more visibility (Dell Jewish Center or whatever, etc.), plus they seem to be in the recruiting phase and not in the "let's fuck around and get arrested and go to jail for a long time" phase.

And by the way, CBI, in times past, has been a voting location (they are not this year).

Almost one-third of Republicans say they think violence may be necessary to solve the problems facing the United States, according to a new national survey by the nonprofit Public Religion Research Institute. The finding is part of PRRI’s 12th annual American Values Survey released Monday which, among other things, highlights the continued impact of the same falsehoods and conspiracy theories that fueled the violent Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol nearly one year later.

The survey was conducted between Sept. 16 and Sept. 29 through online interviews with a random sample of 2,508 adults living in all 50 states. Nearly one in five, or 18 percent, of overall respondents said they agreed with the statement: “Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” including 30 percent of Republicans, 11 percent of Democrats and 17 percent of independents.

https://news.yahoo.com/prri-poll-republicans-violence-040144322.html

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/domestic-extremists-pushing-violence-against-congress-school-health-officials-dhs-n1283672

Domestic extremists continue to exploit false narratives to promote violence online, calling for attacks on members of Congress and public health and school officials, even as they share information about how to build bombs, according to a new intelligence bulletin by the Department of Homeland Securitythat paints a picture of persistent danger.

The new National Terrorism Advisory System bulletin, released Wednesday afternoon, replaces an existing bulletin published in August, which said "ethnically motivated violent extremists and anti-government/anti-authority violent extremists will remain a national threat priority for the United States."

The new document includes a lot of the same language. But it speaks to some new developments, including the exploitation of the American withdrawal from Afghanistan by both foreign terrorists and domestic racists.

Foreign Islamic extremists "have sought to use events related to the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan to inspire potential followers to conduct attacks in the U.S.," the document said, and domestic extremists have sought to capitalize on concerns about the resettlement of Afghan refugees inside the U.S.

In general, the bulletin continued, "threats include those posed by individuals and small groups engaged in violence, including domestic violent extremists and those inspired or motivated by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. These actors continue to exploit online forums to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and promote violent activity."

I wonder why these nuts hate things that can mitigate COVID-19, like vaccines.

Oh.

If a new Covid-19 variant emerges and new restrictions are imposed, "anti-government violent extremists could potentially use the new restrictions as a rationale to target government or public health facilities."

Oh, hey, the Beth Israel synagogue fire was set by a right wing extremist after all ...

I mean, gosh golly, I’m shocked!

inb4 the judge rules that his journal entry isn't admissible evidence because reasons

And this. That said, the judges he’d likely go in front of don’t scare me as much in that regard.

Living in that area (and jogging by there almost every day), and having taken the kids trick-or-treating just a few streets over that night, I'm ragey as fuck.  I really wanted to believe it was just some kid at the school there pissed off at his school, or some homeless person who hears voices the rest of us don't (we get our share along Shoal Creek).

On 11/12/2021 at 6:37 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On the flip side, it'll motivate moderate/independent women to get out and vote against the Rs.

WeAreLaughing.gif.

That isn't a slight against women, Streg, I think you know that about me. That being said if the midterm polling and forecasts, along with what we just saw go down in Virginia and NJ, I doubt any segment trumps identity politics these days. Most folks don't even connect the dots between "fighting tyranny" and "white male society." Because people are fucking stupid. 

There was an election in Houston recently, for HISD trustee district 7 or some shit. The incumbent, Ann Sung, was a harvard educated women who's political profile talked about school, changing needs of education, helping to retain talented teachers, etc. One of her opponents, Bridget Wade, literally stuck "The Bible" in every answer to her fucking profile question. Even when it made zero sense contextually. Favorite Book? The Bible. Ideas for shaping kid's moral center? The Bible? Support Vouchers? The answer is in the bible. 

It's going to a runoff, but Wade was like 10 points ahead, just shy of the 50% needed to walk away with it. Sung will get trounced in the run-off. ThisisAmerica.gif.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Maybe he was there to clean up graffiti and protect the synagogue from Antifa.  

I mean, how could he have known that the acetone that he was using to clean that graffiti off the synagogue would be so dang flammable?   

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The Criminal Complaint on Sechriest - with photos of his journal. 

https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Franklin Sechriest.pdf

The Feds do their homework. He's toast. 

From the criminal complaint:

image.png.7eafe4f4f784cdf4a4169bd36c6c7029.png

There's something I've never understood about Nazis with brown eyes and brown hair. Don't they realize they're considered inferior to the "true Aryan race"? Yeah, I know Hitler was the same which has always left me even more flummoxed.

/sorrynotsorryfortheseinfeldianobservationalschtick

There's something I've never understood about Nazis with brown eyes and brown hair. Don't they realize they're considered inferior to the "true Aryan race"? Yeah, I know Hitler was the same which has always left me even more flummoxed.

So, crosshairs over a family crossing the border. X over a dr. Yeah, all of the debtor of about “invaders” and “doctors who suggest vaccines are evil”…..coming straight from the mouths of LEADERS OF ONE OF OUR MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES is just harmless talk.

The GQP purposefully spurs on and inspires lone wolf attackers like this. It is intentional stochastic terrorism, knowing what the result will be. Stochastic terrorism is terrorism. This man is a white supremacist terrorist, spurred to action by rhetoric that the GQP happily and openly traffics in. Fuck those terrorist shitbags. Ride with Nazis….be treated like Nazis.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, crosshairs over a family crossing the border. X over a dr. Yeah, all of the debtor of about “invaders” and “doctors who suggest vaccines are evil”…..coming straight from the mouths of LEADERS OF ONE OF OUR MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES is just harmless talk.

The GQP purposefully spurs on and inspires lone wolf attackers like this. It is intentional stochastic terrorism, knowing what the result will be. Stochastic terrorism is terrorism. This man is a white supremacist terrorist, spurred to action by rhetoric that the GQP happily and openly traffics in. Fuck those terrorist shitbags. Ride with Nazis….be treated like Nazis.

The Xs over the Jew, the doctor, AND the cop confused me a bit at first, but it shows the Jew at the podium and seems to imply he's the master over the other two. If you expand the reasoning a bit, it comes closer into focus. The doctor is the "enforcer" of the Jewish healthcare system (and by extension Jewish science) while the cop is the muscle of the Jewish legal system.

They'd prefer to take the law into their own hands to promote vigilantism à la Rittenhouse and other armed thugs like the Boogaloos/Proud Boys/3%ers. It's literally the Brown Shirt desire to control the streets through violence and threats of violence. Same playbook.

I dunno. Just connecting the dots on their ideology which is, in a word, fascism. This has been the evident end-game for those paying attention since, at least, Pat Buchanan's rise to political prominence, his culture wars and all the bitching about political correctness (i.e., not being a dick) along with the early militia movement of the 1990s. Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma Bombing. This was always the natural denouement.

The immigrant stuff is just so fucking obvious and needs no further analysis. Good ole Pat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Wasn’t there an effort by the DT crowd to try and deflect this to some homeless person being a firebug???

Where they at?

There was some early speculation in the "What the fucks wrong with Austin?" thread in DT because of some other recent incidents locally with those Florida anti-Semites coming to town around Halloween, but that got shot down pretty quickly with comments like "You guys are just desperately hoping it's antisemitism" or something. Atomheart naively believed it had to be a homeless person, which he admitted a little up thread so I hope it doesn't come across that I'm calling him out.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Xs over the Jew, the doctor, AND the cop confused me a bit at first, but it shows the Jew at the podium and seems to imply he's the master over the other two. If you expand the reasoning a bit, it comes closer into focus. The doctor is the "enforcer" of the Jewish healthcare system (and by extension Jewish science) while the cop is the muscle of the Jewish legal system.
They'd prefer to take the law into their own hands to promote vigilantism à la Rittenhouse and other armed thugs like the Boogaloos/Proud Boys/3%ers. It's literally the Brown Shirt desire to control the streets through violence and threats of violence. Same playbook.
I dunno. Just connecting the dots on their ideology which is, in a word, fascism. This has been the evident end-game for those paying attention since, at least, Pat Buchanan's rise to political prominence, his culture wars and all the bitching about political correctness (i.e., not being a dick) along with the early militia movement of the 1990s. Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma Bombing. This was always the natural denouement.
The immigrant stuff is just so fucking obvious and needs no further analysis. Good ole Pat.
That is exactly it. They are few in number though. I agree with Brisket that quite a few people are going to die, but the percentage of assholes is waning, its just a shockingly slow process and these racist bastards breed

38 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Wasn’t there an effort by the DT crowd to try and deflect this to some homeless person being a firebug???

Where they at?

I'm right here, but I'm not part of the DT crowd.  I happen to be extremely familiar with the homeless population that is around there, because I jog or walk by Congregation Beth Israel almost every day.  I had my kids trick-or-treating a few streets over from CBI about 45 minutes or so before he started the fire. I  was at a friends nearby and watched a shit-ton of fire trucks show up once we heard the sirens and walked over. We have quite a few Jewish neighbors in the area because of CBI having been there since the 1950s.

I was one of those thinking it was a homeless guy, because that area has a decent homeless presence  at times that's literally across the street and under a bridge that is just a 2-minute walk from Congregation Beth Israel, and they are mowing a lot less along Shoal Creek as they turn parts of it into a "natural state" or whatever to bring more native wildlife back (hint: it's really about saving money on mowing/maintenance).  Because they are mowing less, the homeless are harder to spot from the street (in addition to them openly camping under a couple of bridges that are just a few minutes apart).  There was a Randalls right there as well (visible from CBI's parking lot), which led to plenty of homeless going through their dumpsters at night, and the occasional cooking fire every few nights under one of the bridges,  but the Randallas closed down last week.  

I was also wondering if it was one of the students at the on-site school.  I know the school is an academy for gifted and talented, but plenty of kids fuck around at Halloween.

I don't like the idea that it's an extremist, because not only do we have plenty of Jewish friends in the neighborhood, we have friends that live in the condos adjacent to the synagogue's parking lot, and had that motherfucker planted a bomb, they could have been injured (or worse, had it been set to go off during the day, particularly a school day).

They also filmed Fear the Walking Dead a few summers back there, and my kid got to hang out and watch zombies and shit happen, but that's for another thread.

Always, I wasn't deflecting, just pointing out that there is a homeless issue in the immediate vicinity, literally across the street.

Just to give you an idea - red circles are where it's not uncommon to spot homeless folks in the evenings/mornings.  To walk from Congregation Beth Israel  (blue circle) down to the second bridge at the bottom of the map is only 4-5 minutes depending on whether you walk fast or not.  Until recently, there was pretty much always a homeless person or two camped under that 38th street bridge late at night (helped by the fact that the sidewalk lights under the bridge were out).

The really crazy thing about the homeless in that area, is that a lot of kids walk along Shoal Creek to an elementary school (which is just west of the 34th street bridge). I still don't know how the fuck the homeless were tolerated in that area.  I mean, there's one old guy with a guitar that's cool to talk to, but I've never heard of him threatening anybody.  There's been more than a few passed-out drunk types that hang in that area late at night.

fr.thumb.jpg.d554fedf105ae37ca928c35f2b91e20c.jpg

Anyways, enough of my rambling.  When it turned out to be a white supremacist, I had no problem pointing that out.  But again, I'm not the GQP type.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:
9 hours ago, bolverk said:

That is exactly it. They are few in number though. I agree with Brisket that quite a few people are going to die, but the percentage of assholes is waning, its just a shockingly slow process and these racist bastards breed

They are not as few in number as you believe. And the number who will go along with that as long as they, themselves, are not the victim of the ideology is swelling. It's what nationalism does. It doesn't take much time, especially given the incessant propaganda, before citizens  support the ideology because X group doesn't deserve whatever policy/benefit the citizen believes them to be receiving to proceed onward to X group was asking for it, when X group members are victims of violent acts.

The cruelty was/is the point because more people support that than we like to think about.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, bolverk said:

lol @ "work out via jump rope and nearly die"

so in all seriousness, who was he here? donkey dick maybe? wonder if any users went silent when he got picked up

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

None of these guys are lone wolves.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And there is shit like this.  They want to set up a Theocracy in the United States where white males are the top.  It is a major problem.

I'll take irony for $1,000

• Standing up against tyranny to impose our will
  • Signing up the Marines/military because the Federal government cant tell us what to do
  • "God is at the helm" so we can feel justified in putting others in their place and push out the homeless, immigrants, and needy
  • Nationalist movement but bringing in Australia, Canada, etc.
  • Haha 3

So will this Franklin Sechreist...if he's found guilty...is this considered a federal hate crime or just an egregious Texas crime?  Where would somebody like this serve their sentence?  What type of facility and where?

Not asking for the inter-prison Jewish gangs so they can harm him.  They don't exist.  

That's where I come in.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And there is shit like this.  They want to set up a Theocracy in the United States where white males are the top.  It is a major problem.

The only problem is that anyone who understands the meaning of theocracy hasn't voted Republican since GHWB.