2018 Longhorns outscored 55-98 in 4th QTR

AUS-97HORN

It’s all playcalling. We rushed 3 the entire 4th quarter and he picked us apart. 

Kept running into their run blitzes instead of plays designed to defeat that. 

And the onside kick didn’t help. I’ve seen it tried, and possibly called for here at the end in Stillwater, but I’m not sure I’ve seen the line drive into the up man successfully executed before. 

17 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

even with the win, this is fucking nuts.

FOUR times we didnt score a point in the 4th. 

and we still have 2 more games to go.  

fucking averaging 6 points in the 4th to having 10 scored against us.

I know. This year has been insane.

Yet...yet...we are 7-3. Just have to hope we find a way to finish the year strong and get better next year.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s all playcalling. We rushed 3 the entire 4th quarter and he picked us apart. 

Kept running into their run blitzes instead of plays designed to defeat that. 

And the onside kick didn’t help. I’ve seen it tried, and possibly called for here at the end in Stillwater, but I’m not sure I’ve seen the line drive into the up man successfully executed before. 

We did it against Alabama in the 2010 Rose Bowl.

This team is beat the fuck up right now. I think Boyd was the only starting secondary player in the 4Q. Ingram aggravated his hip pointer on the bullshit hit from the out of control Tech player. Johnson was out. The depth isn't there yet, and Orlando needs to rethink his defense front alignment in the off-season, or get uber athletic LBs.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

First kick in 7th grade I pulled it off, by accident

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We have some definite defensive schematic coaching issues to work out, but here was our secondary for large portions of the game after Davis was injured:

CB: Anthony Cook

CB: Kris Boyd

Nickel: PJ Locke

S: Donovan Duvernay

S: Chris Brown

S: BJ Foster

We were down three starters.

Correction, Duvernay was at nickel and Locke was at safety. Also, Anthony Cook had the mammoth task of dealing with TJ Vasher.

• 2 weeks later...

bumping.

we are playing in the Big 12 Championship so we have that going for us.   but for this regular season, we got outscored 58- 122 in the 4th quarter. 

thats a clear 2-1 ratio of getting outscored.

One of these pussy fucking Texas reporters needs to fucking take Tom to task in the press conference.

There is no fucking excuse for blowing 3 score leads in the 4th quarter time after time. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, po elvis said:

We get leads and we try and run out the clock while the other team tries to score. It's not hard to understand.

LEADS?  You think we got leads?  Ha!  They got Orlando working in shifts man...

Well, last year Tom let a lot of those 4th quarter "slippages" turn into actual losses.  This year, some of them were held on to and resulted in wins.  So, "Progress"????

We're back in the title game since 2009.  And yeah, we didn't have one for several of those years, but we wouldn't have also sniffed it even it had existed the whole time.  

Win and it's new Years in New Orleans.  I would not have remotely dreamt that after coming home from DC.  That said, we need to get our shit together during the first media timeout of the 4th quarters.  

It's been a bizarre problem. Both on offense and defense, the team tightens up with the finish line in sight and (nearly) lets it slip away.

We've been good at halftime adjustments this year so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Edited by satyanash

14 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

bumping.

we are playing in the Big 12 Championship so we have that going for us.   but for this regular season, we got outscored 58- 122 in the 4th quarter. 

thats a clear 2-1 ratio of getting outscored.

One of these pussy fucking Texas reporters needs to fucking take Tom to task in the press conference.

There is no fucking excuse for blowing 3 score leads in the 4th quarter time after time. 

We aren’t blowing them, we are using them. 

I cant stand the strategy, but it’s very obviously a strategy.  

All it takes is one long td given up or 1 onsides kick recovery which we seem more than willing to accommodate, and it’s right back to a close game again.