Lion King 2019: traumatize your kids in beautiful CGI

atomheartbevo

Lion King was my oldest son's favorite thing in the history of...until he discovered Batman.

I think i must have watch TLK at least 500 times...

No fucking way are we going to miss this one, Cactus Butt.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Based on the side-by-side above, I don’t think that’s a problem. 

I just watched the trailer for the first time. Kids were sitting with me. Take my money. Will this make a billion $?

Edited by UT_OB1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

the cloud of dust that said something-something...

so impactful   

Now, the phallic castle towers in the Little Mermaid were spectacular.

It said "Sex".  In on this as I've seen the original at least 25x.  

Will it be creepy for an adult to go to the theater alone?  

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

It said "Sex".  In on this as I've seen the original at least 25x.  

Will it be creepy for an adult to go to the theater alone?  

Do you have mirrors on your shoes?

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

DspIAEIVAAE0sBS?format=jpg

I got 2 issues.  NO ONE is going to outdo what Jeremy Irons did for Scar(and the rumor is that Scar's song with the Hyena's won't even be in this film, travesty).  Probably one of the best voice acting performances for a Villain in any Disney movie.  I do think Ejiofor is great, and will do fine...but he's got a tall act to follow.  Love they brought James Earl Jones back. No other choice.

And Beyoncé.  Yes she's a good singer, but she is not a good actress, and her previous voice acting work was pretty awful.  Feel like that was just a true money grab, while all the others actually seem like perfect choices.  John Oliver and Rogen just scream Zazu and Pumbaa to me.

But yeah, I'm so in none of that matters.

Edited by Drew

34 minutes ago, Drew said:

I got 2 issues.  NO ONE is going to outdo what Jeremy Irons did for Scar(and the rumor is that Scar's song with the Hyena's won't even be in this film, travesty).  Probably one of the best voice acting performances for a Villain in any Disney movie.  I do think Ejiofor is great, and will do fine...but he's got a tall act to follow.  Love they brought James Earl Jones back. No other choice.

And Beyoncé.  Yes she's a good singer, but she is not a good actress, and her previous voice acting work was pretty awful.  Feel like that was just a true money grab, while all the others actually seem like perfect choices.  John Oliver and Rogen just scream Zazu and Pumbaa to me.

But yeah, I'm so in none of that matters.

Agree about Irons, he was fantastic.  Also, Cheech and Whoopi were great as the hyenas.  Are they being erased from the script too?  That would be a huge mistake.  One thing TJB remake did was try to make the villains seem more dangerous and foreboding.  Lost a bit of joy in the retelling but made for more adult fare....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This thing will easily hit a billion. Two is not out of range.  

And twitter has been hilarious and nailing it.

Not to be "that guy" but there's no live action in this, it's all CGI. Just a different kind of cartoon IMO.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, atomheartbevo said:

This thing will easily hit a billion. Two is not out of range.  

And twitter has been hilarious and nailing it.

$3 billion is not out of range.. this thing looks incredible.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Agree about Irons, he was fantastic.  Also, Cheech and Whoopi were great as the hyenas.  Are they being erased from the script too?  That would be a huge mistake.  One thing TJB remake did was try to make the villains seem more dangerous and foreboding.  Lost a bit of joy in the retelling but made for more adult fare....

I believe the three in the lower left are the hyenas:

the-lion-king-cast.jpg

Edited by LonghornSean

• 4 months later...