Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

@Loch Ness Monster

He's been posted before but a decent follow: https://youtube.com/c/LETTERSTOKING

He keeps things semi cryptic because he lives in Russia and doesn't want to fall from windows. 

A couple other follows for different perspectives:

https://youtube.com/c/NikiProshin

https://youtube.com/c/NatashasAdventures

Broad strokes: seems the older generation will do what propaganda tells them, while the younger generation knows they are in a bad situation

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

So realistically, they're gonna give them an AK and just turn them loose behind the lines.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All of those residents of Donetsk and Luhansk are gonna feel SUPER liberated as a horde of heavily armed criminals is turned loose in their cities to loot and rape instead of risking their asses getting blowed up by UKA artillery.  Hey Donbas separatists.....this is what you wanted.  You got what you wished for.  Enjoy! 

Russian prison system is one of the worst in the world.  The Russian government who put them there thinks they’ll fight and die for said government.

Those guys are going to kill their officers/NCOs the first chance they get, grab anything that’s small and valuable, and bail for parts unknown.  Maybe Belarus, maybe try to blend in with Russian-speaking Ukrainians.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, statsman said:

Question- how exactly do Russian military members decline to serve? How does that work? I was an army brat- in the US army, you take and serve your assignments, or either get dishonorable discharges or thrown in the brig. 

Basically, they can't force soldiers to fight outside of Russia unless there is a war. Since it's a "special operation" and not a war. They don't have to go. They can be fired, but that's about the extent of the punishment.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Basically, they can't force soldiers to fight outside of Russia unless there is a war. Since it's a "special operation" and not a war. They don't have to go. They can be fired, but that's about the extent of the punishment.

Someone probably know more than me on this, but I think it's similar to our National Guard. I don't think they can actually be deployed overseas unless it's a declared war. 

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

@Loch Ness Monster

He's been posted before but a decent follow: https://youtube.com/c/LETTERSTOKING

He keeps things semi cryptic because he lives in Russia and doesn't want to fall from windows. 

Broad strokes: seems the older generation will do what propaganda tells them, while the younger generation knows they are in a bad situation

Watched one video from the first link. Pretty interesting

Inside Russia: 

(302) PUTIN SAYS RUSSIA HAS NOT LOST ANYTHING | I Have A Few Questions - YouTube

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

I don't know this man but the thought of the Germans finally liquidating Russia gives me the weirdest boner.  We finally have an excuse to solve the Russian question.  What took two centuries of conventional warfare can be solved in a matter of months.  The Genuis Putin as he so affectionately dubbed here the United States is presenting Deutschland with the Fatherland always wanted.....Russia served up on a fucking platter with nobody else on Earth giving a bloody fuck.  

33 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Watched one video from the first link. Pretty interesting

Inside Russia: 

(302) PUTIN SAYS RUSSIA HAS NOT LOST ANYTHING | I Have A Few Questions - YouTube

He was just love and said the tone around Russia and especially Moscow (where he is) has changed since the last week. From "everything is fine" to "who is at fault". He anticipates major happenings in the next couple weeks. 

Nothing different than we know here, but interesting from the point of view of inside the bubble. 

When Rommel's grand-nephew is fellating your tactical prowess, you know you're doing something brilliant on the battlefield. 

My only regret is my grand-uncles in Kriegsmarine didn't live  long enough to see Germany and Ukraine crush Russia into fucking dust.  I will weep tears of joy on their behalf when the Russian "nation" crumbles as a result of this failure.  And then we can round up the American collaborators...

Edited by YGIFS

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

When Rommel's grand-nephew is fellating your tactical prowess, you know you're doing something prowess.  

My only regret is my grand-uncles in Kriegsmarine didn't long enough to see Germany and Ukraine crush Russia into fucking dust.  I will weep tears of joy on their behalf when their "nation" crumbles as a result of this failure.  And then we can round up the American collaborators...

Cool your jets. It was German WWI fuckery that created the USSR, killing their attempt to form a liberal democracy, all to get Russia out of the Alliance.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

Cool your jets. It was German WWI fuckery that created the USSR, killing their attempt to form a liberal democracy, all to get Russia out of the Alliance.

Yes, I know the history.  That the world may finally have an excuse to wipe Russia from the face of the Earth has me excited.  It was the one goal my one-half German ancestry that had validity.  Those people and their leadership need to be evacuated.    

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Right and most of these guys live on a ground floor hovel so they don’t need to worry about accidentally falling out a window. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The leaky raft from the cruiser "Moscow" was handed over to the border guards by the crew of the merchant vessel

On the raft was a bag with Russian coins, elements of sailors' uniforms and vests with combat numbers. It seems that the watercraft was faulty, because it was kept afloat thanks to the attached life jackets.

patyreshka

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Now I have no idea what the tank specs are or their ability.

it’s pretty telling that Poland is buying a shit ton of military hardware from South Korea and USA and not from it’s neighbor (I know their history is interesting)

Also part of switching to NATO standard equipment.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Hey, you can obviously be both judgey and pickled.  

I like beer.

4 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

@Loch Ness Monster

Leading cause of unnatural death in Russia is defenestration 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yes, I know the history.  That the world may finally have an excuse to wipe Russia from the face of the Earth has me excited.  It was the one goal my one-half German ancestry that had validity.  Those people and their leadership need to be evacuated.    

So this is your Final Solution?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Long thread of German General Freuding discussing the Ukrainian Kharkiv counter offensive. 

Some highlights from a Reddit thread about it

• General Freuding is head of German Ukraine task force. Just back from Kyiv
  • Ukrainian success a result of exemplary application of "eternal laws of land warfare": Massed use of rapid, mechanized forces to achieve and exploit breakthrough at weak point in enemy lines.
  • Russian claims of "regrouping" belied by abandoned arms, failure to establish 2nd line.
  • Russians now need to reorganize and reestablish defensive lines. Freuding points out the previous front line was 1,300km - comparable to NATO/Russia border - which Russia always lacked forces to hold and which "military sense" suggested should have been consolidated far earlier.
  • Western arms: Ukraine can only go on offence once they have necessary materiel -- now be the case. UA now have advantage in long-range precision fires. Western systems, including German MLRS and PzH, clearly key but only ever complementary to Ukrainian combat power.
  • From his recent visit to Kyiv: Ukrainian partners note value of PzH 2000 in particular. But after weeks and months of use in intense combat, material fatigue becomes an issue. "All efforts" of his staff are now directed towards sustainment to keep major weapons systems in fight.
  • Notes that Russia assigned around 550 planes for this war. This would lead to 1000-1200 sorties per day according to Western doctrine. However Russia only flies only 200-300 per day, of which only 10% are direct CAS missions.
  • Several reasons: Ukraine air defence could not be destroyed, own air defence not moved ahead after the invasion. Often operating from non-homebases, which affects maintenance. Performance of the Ukrainian air force, using western missiles with MiG
  • Russia need to consolidate and build new front. Very difficult task.
  • Expects Russia to try to - as "minimum goal" - attempt to conquer Donbass and land bridge from Crimea.
  • Strategic goals of Russia: Destruction of Ukrainian statehood, imperial expansion.
  • Strategic goals Ukraine: Full restoration of territorial sovereignty.
  • Germany coordinates on military level with Ukraine regarding weapons demand.
  • Notes that limited in gear. Limit is not "theoretical numbers to fullfill NATO requests but limit that is needed to train own troops"
  • Gives example of training issue. To train company for "Enhanced Forward Presence" a sister-company had to give their gear, which reduced their training level
  • Actually has a, very dry, humor: Calls whiteboard "our high-tech gear"
  • Also notes that a few weeks ago Ukraine wanted amphibious vehicles for the Sieverodonetsk/Lyssichansk front, which the Bundeswehr couldn't deliver, but now after the Kharkiw counteroffensive they face the Oskil river where bridge laying tanks are more suited for, which the Bundeswehr has capabilities in with the Bieber-Tank, and which they already train Ukrainians in.
  • Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Things I learned from Bald and Bankrupt: https://www.youtube.com/c/baldandbankrupt

these areas have a lot of exclaves where ethnic populations of one group live in an exclave in another territory completely surrounded by the other group.  There will be fighting over these territories and lots of otherwise peaceful villages will be destroyed.  Look for genocidal behaviours.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I like beer.

Leading cause of unnatural death in Russia is defenestration 

Hey Ed, good to see you, man. It’s been a banner year, as far as happenings good and bad.  So “our” former company is now US owned.   Won’t say much else but have worked Poland and Romania this year.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2