Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 9/14/2022 at 8:25 AM, Ghost of LL said:

One thing that I will never understand is what prompted the Russian change in strategy.

Russia had a great strategy, and it was working.  Destabilize the Western democracies with a combination of direct payments to elites/influence peddling and propaganda to the ignorant masses through Facebook et al.  That got them some critical wins.  It got them Orban in Hungary and Trump in the United States.  It got them Brexit and has severely weakened both the United Kingdom and the EU.  

At the same time, threaten the Baltics and Poland with invasion and convince them that NATO won't do shit to help them.  And demonstrate the point with repeated cyberattacks that show that NATO won't do shit.  So the end result is the entire Western defense strategy is called into question.

And for the former Soviet states, set up bullshit little breakaway "republics" supported by "little green men."

All of which was covert and they had plausible deniability.  And so while everything looked chaotic--chaos of their own making--the could sit back and look stable and powerful and ascendant.  

There was nothing wrong with that strategy.  It was working.  Shit--Zelensky had a 20% approval rating.  His government was teetering.  It was entirely possible that he would be replaced by someone much more favorable to Russia in due course.

I'll just never understand why they abandoned that covert strategy in favor of an open invasion.  It just doesn't make any sense.

I've been thinking about this a long time.  Could be that the US presidential election threw him off balance, there is the Zeihan stuff, and for it to have worked he probably should have done it in Jan 2021 or the delay to do it after the Olympics threw off the timing. 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Most hated Texan

I've said it before.  I hope he dies from an artillery hit while taking a shit and falls into his own feces.

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

I was expecting this guy

image.jpeg.7b66fd014e3193d919810d03958aba67.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

^

in totally unrelated news, a half-dozen U.S.A.F. C-130's landed in Brussels this afternoon for allied training exercises.  The entire crew went out for Belgian waffles and were shocked, shocked I tell you when they returned to an empty cargo bay.  Belgian officials say the ground crew saw nothing but some airmen who forgot to lock the doors with the keyfob.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

what's his surly name ??

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can you get that into the hands of Roger Waters? Fucking lunatic. 

It’s ManInBlack, sir. Mostly because I think TTomTerrific is too insane to have ever cleared customs. 

With the hammer and sickle on the wall I figured Linux 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

With the hammer and sickle on the wall I figured Linux 

Wait, that complete lunatic is not only still alive, he still posts? I thought for sure he had just changed his name to Randolph Duke. 

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

That's great. I can't wait for Russia to laugh out loud, stay at the base, and do nothing different. Wake me up when this triggers NATO troops taking over the territory. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

India and China can go fuck themselves.   They can’t feed what they breed.  

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

China hasn't bred shit for quite awhile sir. Give it 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, the demographic shit storm that is bearing down on China is almost unimaginable.

Correct.  It's not as fast-moving or as glamorous, but the slow-motion, impending Chinese demographic crisis is going to absolutely change the global dynamic, bigly.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, The Dog said:

xi got dealt a can't lose hand here: putin wins, western sanctions remain in place, xi gets favorable trade terms.  putin loses, central asia moves into the belt & road.  i guess the downside is realizing that all that russian equipment and doctrine you have is valueless, but better to find out this way than when trying to take taiwan. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1