Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

EU and NATO ramping up support for Ukraine.  Russia pulling out the 60s-era equipment, plus Mondays airstrikes helped that out. Putin is a master strategist.

Who says Pentagon reporters don’t occasionally have a sense of humor.

Mr. Gould ain't wrong.

If you don't think that Texas brisket can conquer the world, you haven't been paying attention.  And to show we are serious, we've activated some serious-ass shock troops....

_DSC0811+copy.jpg?format=1000w

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Whistleblower about to get paid.  Who else is on the take for export controls violations?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/how-us-firm-supplied-networking-technology-maker-feared-russian-missiles-2022-10-12/

In April, six weeks after Russia's invasion of Ukraine, an Extreme employee filed an internal complaint, seen by Reuters, alleging that the company was selling to various military manufacturers in Russia. "Extreme equipment is used on Russian warships," the complaint said, "in communications systems."

Extreme said in its statement that the allegations were brought by a disgruntled employee. An investigation by the firm had found nothing to corroborate any of the claims until Reuters brought "new facts" to the company's attention this month. The company said it ceased operations in Russia in March, adding that it subsequently launched a process to dismiss the disgruntled employee for poor performance. It said it has no records of sales involving Russian warships.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Elon Musk has always been a piece of shit.  

Angel investing in an established electric car start up and pushing out the founders, taking credit for the invention, then giving away the IP to keep the founders quiet out front should have told you. 

How many billionaires are there who didn’t get rich by screwing over some partner somewhere along the way?

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

India...

Fe5Wn35XoBwJpLG?format=jpg&name=medium

I see quite a few countries that receive Direct US Food Assistance that abstained. This means not via the UN or other entities. 

might need to think about cutting a bit of that back. Let them get it from Russia. 

Interesting that Iran and Venezuela were no shows. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I see quite a few countries that receive Direct US Food Assistance that abstained. This means not via the UN or other entities. 

might need to think about cutting a bit of that back. Let them get it from Russia. 

Interesting that Iran and Venezuela were no shows. 

Hard disagree. If all of our freedom of speech posturing is more than just posturing, it'd be pretty awful to starve a country's people just because they said something you don't like

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

About those Russian trenches…..photo op   Comments are great:

”alright, so now not only did we get Counterfeit Market Garden at Hostomel, Bargain Bin Bismarck Moskva, Battle of Kursk 2: Kharkivian Boogaloo, but now we also get ZIEGFRIED LINE - WE'LL GET 'EM THIS TIME!”

https://twitter.com/JoshuaIdstein/status/1580213434234568706

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hard disagree. If all of our freedom of speech posturing is more than just posturing, it'd be pretty awful to starve a country's people just because they said something you don't like

I did not say starve them. I have friends working in and from some of those countries. the US hands over a lot of our aid to external groups. They can still give it to the people. 

It is a message to government fucktards like India, Sudan, S. Sudan, Mali, you can pick the west or you can pick Russia. Aid is used as a weapon all the time. I do not agree with that. I agree with using it as a message. 

Hell, we have US SF training the Army in Mozambique and footing part of the bill for the stabilization force there. We pay most of the bill for Peacekeeping in South Sudan. Our  dollars are feeding the Ethiopians, who are also engaged in a nasty war some think is ethnic cleansing. Meanwhile Wagner is stealing the Gold from Sudan and is known to have killed innocents in Mali. Yeah, um..... 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

This guy has always seemed pretty legit to me.  He says Ukraine's massively successful attacks last month are a direct copy of the US's "Thunder Runs" in Gulf War 2.  And THAT strategy was the result of a lot of soul-searching on behalf of the US Army after Blackhawk Down.

Thoughts?  Is he right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

^Multipass

I’ve seen and heard plenty of dumbasses talk about Khrushchev and Crimea like it’s some kind of trump card. I do think Elon’s likely lying or dissembling but using that phrase— eh. Lurk around the corners of the just asking questions Internet and you’ll hear about Khrushchev from dipshits that don’t talk to Putin.

One thing about these nuke threats— a guideline, not rule, of deterrence is: if you have to make the nuke threat explicit, its not a super credible nuke threat.  The best nuke threat is the one you don’t have to make because everyone can connect the dots themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This Starlink shit is gonna be a great article or book one day after it all comes out.  Don’t know if it’s been pointed out here, but while Elon donated a bunch— the U.S. government also just bought a bunch of Starlink terminals and gave them to Ukraine. If it turns out Musk was fucking with a service the USG bought, that’s a whole different level. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

About those Russian trenches…..photo op   Comments are great:

”alright, so now not only did we get Counterfeit Market Garden at Hostomel, Bargain Bin Bismarck Moskva, Battle of Kursk 2: Kharkivian Boogaloo, but now we also get ZIEGFRIED LINE - WE'LL GET 'EM THIS TIME!”

https://twitter.com/JoshuaIdstein/status/1580213434234568706

I legit tear lol’d there are some excellent WW2 deeper cuts in here. I mean for nerds, we get Market Garden and Bismarck, but a Battle of Kursk reference?

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The engineers at Lockheed, Raytheon, General Dynamics, etc RN:

Learning Take Note GIF by BLoafX

Nah, engineers are jerking off knowing they are deploying to some proving ground near Gdansk. The Business Development teams are taking notes and wondering how their expense account can be justified to include dinners and drinks with hot polish chicks. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1