Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia is hurting bad, things are getting worse for them, their mobilized soldiers last less than a week before they are killed, wounded, captured or go AWOL, so they’ve amplified their social media messages about trying to start ceasefire talks while Russian troops are still on Ukrainian soil, and Putin is tossing out more nuclear threats, which scares ignorant people who aren’t paying much attention.

woody harrelson cheers GIF by tylaum

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

4 days.  4 fucking days until you're dead or captured.  That's absolutely insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

A group in Myanmar is following Ukraine’s lead on drones and spiffy social media (on a side note, what in the everloving fuck there is an entire region known as the “Karen Region “????).

Nice little comment - try to explain the photo to somebody in 1991.  Tell them we can watch Russians being killed while they are taking a shit in the woods, or while one is going down on another.  Interesting timescale  we live in.

edit: I feel like now that we’ve had 8 months for things to shake out, that while HIMARS and the Javelin get the love, drones are what are going to be the long-term major thing to come out of this, similar to stealth in the first Gulf War.

Honestly surprised it took this long. I guess video feed from tiny cameras was the missing element, otherwise you could have made nasty little weapons out of radio-controlled model aircraft that were around 50 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 5

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Every Russian officer they came across inside of Russia and Ukraine, just kept passing them along until they got to the front.   That’s how I see the mobilized process working.

Oh, I'm sure it really is something like that, but can you imagine if this was a reality for any Western army?

7 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

As if that matters?   

They're calling Russia's bluff. Russia's latest tactic is to declare Ukraine is about to release a dirty bomb. They called every Defense Minister they could this week, and declared a UN meeting to discuss it. So Ukraine said "Ok, well IAEA you're welcome to check, this is made up." So the IAEA agreed are, and made the comment "We were just there a month ago, and no dirty bomb existed then, sooooo...."

• Hook 'Em 3

I have to say, at this point, I'm somewhat surprised of 2 things:

1.) Polish soldiers haven't been given free time off from their service to Volunteer en mass in Ukraine and kill russians, with the blessing of the Polish government. "You guys go ahead, and sure, take all your equipment, just leave the vehicles. Check back in every few months."
2) The poles didn't already kill every single russian exile already in their territory ages ago. Like out of reflex. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

This is actually another great fucking idea. Sure, those athletes can stay home and play for some Russian league, but we all know with their economy and sanctions, they won't make fucking shit compared to the NHL. Cut them out of the Olympics. You're taking away another avenue for Russian success and Russian pride. 

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Oh, I'm sure it really is something like that, but can you imagine if this was a reality for any Western army?

I can’t.  I don’t even think England, at their lowest point in WWII, was nabbing men off the street, and sending them to fight the Germans with less than a few month’s training, let alone sending them to fight with no training literally four days after they mobilized.  

Maybe if Germany had built up a seaborne infrastructure for invasion and then invaded, they would have, but the German invasion of Britain was never even close to happening, and whatever plans were made dissipated once Hitler started directing the bombing of civilians.

Ukraine was never even close to invading, but Putin just throwing those men away, because that’s the Russian way. Except when the peasants hit a breaking point.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have to say, at this point, I'm somewhat surprised of 2 things:

1.) Polish soldiers haven't been given free time off from their service to Volunteer en mass in Ukraine and kill russians, with the blessing of the Polish government. "You guys go ahead, and sure, take all your equipment, just leave the vehicles. Check back in every few months."
2) The poles didn't already kill every single russian exile already in their territory ages ago. Like out of reflex. 

hoping-picture-id172929897?s=612x612

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

So we are sending this thing over there, https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-us-considers-hawk-air-defense-equipment-ukraine-say-us-officials-2022-10-25/

HAWK-air-defense-680x450.jpg

which I had as a little kid and have been texting to my brothers about in jest.

37850.jpg

I can't believe the real thing looks like that.  It seems more appropriate as a toy in that all the functionality is clearly visible and there is no subtlety as is the case in play things.

Turns out we actually call the thing the HAWK!  That was the dude that came with it (see above -- O6, West Point, he's kind of a big deal).   Had no idea my youth was based on such reality.  

Wait till you see our weapon systems based on THIS toy line from the same era:

5dadc33e4af9090a0f28d32b?width=600&forma

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

can't believe the real thing looks like that.  It seems more appropriate as a toy in that all the functionality is clearly visible and there is no subtlety as is the case in play things.

Turns out we actually call the thing the HAWK!  That was the dude that came with it (see above -- O6, West Point, he's kind of a big deal).   Had no idea my youth was based on such reality.  

There’s a few of us here who recognized it,

You can probably thank Larry Hama for the realistic stuff.

If you have Netflix, watch “The Toys That Made Us”, particularly the G I Joe episode.  Fucking awesome show.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

To game it out from the sick prisoner's perspective, you're probably already dying inside the miserable Russian prison. If you join Wagner, you've got some outside chance of surrendering and getting better treatment in a Western country.

I think the reasoning is more "How can we make our raping even more horrific?"

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/russia-has-notified-us-about-planned-nuclear-drills-pentagon-2022-10-25/

WASHINGTON, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Russia has notified the United States about its plans to carry out exercises of its nuclear forces, the Pentagon said on Tuesday, declining to offer further details about drills expected to include test launches of ballistic missiles.

"The U.S. was notified and, as we've highlighted before, this is a routine annual exercise by Russia," spokesman Air Force Brigadier General Patrick Ryder told a news briefing. "So in this regard, Russia is complying with its arms control obligations and its transparency commitments to make those notifications."

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is actually another great fucking idea. Sure, those athletes can stay home and play for some Russian league, but we all know with their economy and sanctions, they won't make fucking shit compared to the NHL. Cut them out of the Olympics. You're taking away another avenue for Russian success and Russian pride. 

I've wondered if this would come up and it finally may.  Alexander Ovechkin is an NHL star and I would be interested to see what  he would do if he was confronted with this.

I'm sure there are quite a few more Russians in the NHL, but none with the star power of Ovechkin.  Last season, he tried to lay low and downplay his relationship with Putin.  I would like to see Hasek's idea gain some traction and force the issue.

Full disclosure.  I'm somewhat a Caps fan and won't bitch at all of he were forced out over this.  We should do everything we can to stand up against evil, if that hurts my team, so be it 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I've wondered if this would come up and it finally may.  Alexander Ovechkin is an NHL star and I would be interested to see what  he would do if he was confronted with this.

I'm sure there are quite a few more Russians in the NHL, but none with the star power of Ovechkin.  Last season, he tried to lay low and downplay his relationship with Putin.  I would like to see Hasek's idea gain some traction and force the issue.

Full disclosure.  I'm somewhat a Caps fan and won't bitch at all of he were forced out over this.  We should do everything we can to stand up against evil, if that hurts my team, so be it 

Artemi Panarin criticized Putin back in February. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

It's a long list.

Panarin gets a waiver. He spoke up about Putin a long time ago.

Alexander Ovechkin

Washington Capitals

Evgeni Malkin

Pittsburgh Penguins

Nikita Kucherov

Tampa Bay Lightning

Nikita Zadorov

Calgary Flames

Vladimir Tarasenko

St. Louis Blues

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Washington Capitals

Sergei Bobrovsky

Florida Panthers

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Tampa Bay Lightning

Semyon Varlamov

New York Islanders

Artemi Panarin

Edit: those are just a sample of the bigger names. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 3