Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

So Anton Krasovsky realized he fucked around and found out.  He came out as gay around a decade ago, and fought for gay rights, and didn’t understand why Russians wanted to treat gay Russians like second-class citizens (or worse) and fought hard to be treated equally. Yet here we are in October of 2022, and he’s wanting to burn children who won’t speak Russian.

Here is his apology:

Look, I'm really embarrassed that I somehow didn't see that edge. About the children. Well, it happens like this: you're sitting on the air, you're going wild. And you can't stop. I apologize to everyone who was freaked out by that. I apologize to Margarita (Simonyan), to everyone for whom it seemed wild, unthinkable and irresistible. I hope you'll forgive me.

Edit: the guy is actually kind of fascinating, he truly fought  for gay and other rights in Russia, but instead he died on this hill.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So Anton Krasovsky ...

Might have been trying to protest/embarrass Russia in the only way possible (using hyperbole).  No way to know for sure, but he's apparently lived on the edge of what's permissible in Russia for a long time:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-anton-krasovsky-the-gay-man-running-for-mayor-of-moscow

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Russia is hurting bad, things are getting worse for them, their mobilized soldiers last less than a week before they are killed, wounded, captured or go AWOL, so they’ve amplified their social media messages about trying to start ceasefire talks while Russian troops are still on Ukrainian soil, and Putin is tossing out more nuclear threats, which scares ignorant people who aren’t paying much attention.

woody harrelson cheers GIF by tylaum

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

A group in Myanmar is following Ukraine’s lead on drones and spiffy social media (on a side note, what in the everloving fuck there is an entire region known as the “Karen Region “????).

Nice little comment - try to explain the photo to somebody in 1991.  Tell them we can watch Russians being killed while they are taking a shit in the woods, or while one is going down on another.  Interesting timescale  we live in.

edit: I feel like now that we’ve had 8 months for things to shake out, that while HIMARS and the Javelin get the love, drones are what are going to be the long-term major thing to come out of this, similar to stealth in the first Gulf War.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia is hurting bad, things are getting worse for them, their mobilized soldiers last less than a week before they are killed, wounded, captured or go AWOL, so they’ve amplified their social media messages about trying to start ceasefire talks while Russian troops are still on Ukrainian soil, and Putin is tossing out more nuclear threats, which scares ignorant people who aren’t paying much attention.

It's funny watching someone try to use the "gaslight, obfuscate, project" playbook to get out of a jam of their own creation. Thank God that right wing nationalist world leaders aren't very successful long-term strategists, otherwise we'd have a whole bunch of ignorant people not paying attention arguing that Ukraine should just surrender or that we're in the wrong for helping Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2