Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

You all want me to find one? I know a few groups and so does @MissingInAction due to our pissing off Russians on twitter. Even a box of good tourniquets (NEVER BUY CHEAP ONES) and bandages is useful. Or a Surly donation to United24 and we can list what we want it to go to. Standing by. in for 3.50. 

Work has been kicking me in the taint.

Send me everything.

Fuck russia!

• Hook 'Em 2

Battle-tested

GA1vvz5XQAAJ1_N?format=png&name=large

Keep reminding everybody of how many men are being killed for Putin.

Since Russians aren't allowed to discuss how many have been killed in Ukraine, and aren't allowed to talk about how bad it's going, and death notices are constantly being scrubbed from Russian social media, it makes me wonder if some of these displays (including the billboard up thread) are some kind of passive-aggressive way for families to get their loved ones out there in the public eye.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Work has been kicking me in the taint.

Send me everything.

Fuck russia!

I have a buddy over there training some things. Retired Marine Colonel. He will be back next week and I trust his supply chain. His dad was my mentor and still real close to the family. Lets bundle at one place.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Con Coughlin
Defence and Foreign Affairs Editor
7 December 2023 • 6:00am

With the Ukraine conflict languishing in stalemate, the possibility that Russian president Vladimir Putin might yet emerge victorious from his ill-judged invasion cannot be ignored, with all the implications such an outcome would have for Europe’s security.

Ukraine’s failure to make a decisive breakthrough in its counter-offensive during the summer has all but silenced the optimistic predictions made by Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and his senior commanders that victory was within Kyiv’s grasp. Instead, the Ukrainian narrative is in danger of descending into recriminations over the refusal of its Western allies to provide Kyiv with the weaponry required to break the impasse on the battlefield. As the Ukrainian leader remarked in a recent interview, “We didn’t get all the weapons we wanted, I can’t be satisfied.”

The lack of military progress, together with the eruption of hostilities between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, has certainly deepened the sense of scepticism among some Western leaders over Ukraine’s ability to prevail. There is a growing sentiment within the Biden administration, for example, that its interests would be better served by pressuring Zelensky to sue for peace, rather than persisting with a military campaign he stands little chance of winning.

Meanwhile, Putin is intensifying his efforts to reclaim the military advantage, using the country’s strong oil revenues to militarise the Russian economy, which has led to a significant increase in weapons production. Putin has also authorised a 170,000 increase in the size of the Russian military. He hopes this will aid its efforts to seize key strategic targets, such as the eastern town of Avdiivka in the Donbas region, the scene of recent heavy fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces.
The notion that, 21 months after Russia invaded Ukraine, the Russian military would still be capable of mounting an offensive seemed inconceivable only a few months ago, after Moscow had suffered a series of devastating setbacks. And while it still remains highly unlikely that Putin will be able to fulfil his goal of conquering all of Ukraine and establishing a puppet regime in Kyiv, any conclusion that results in the Kremlin retaining significant areas of Ukrainian territory will be hailed as a victory.

Such an outcome would present a significant challenge for the Western alliance, as its ability to withstand Russian aggression would be open to question after all the military support it has given Ukraine. It would also encourage Putin in the belief that he could undertake further acts of aggression on Nato’s eastern flank, safe in the knowledge that the West had neither the resources nor resolve to resist the Kremlin’s expansionist aims.

The prospect of Russia intensifying the threat it poses to European security in the event of Putin achieving only modest gains in Ukraine has prompted a number of prominent European military experts to question openly Nato’s preparedness for meeting such a challenge. A recent defence conference in Berlin was treated to a doomsday scenario whereby Europe risked suffering the same fate as the Holy Roman Empire under Napoleon, and being “washed away” in a future conflict with Russia because of Nato’s inability to defend Europe’s eastern flank.

Sönke Neitzel, one of Germany’s leading military historians, claimed that it could take 15 years before his country was capable of defending itself against Russia. His sentiments were reinforced by Jacek Siewiera, the chief of Poland’s National Security Bureau, who warned that Nato had as little as three years to prepare itself for a Russian attack on its eastern flank.

And yet, despite the obvious threat Moscow poses, Western leaders appear disinclined to credit it with the seriousness it merits. The argument made during the early stages of the Ukraine conflict – that ensuring Russia suffered a heavy defeat would dissuade Putin from further acts of aggression – has been replaced by war fatigue, and a desire to end hostilities at all costs, even if it leads to an emboldened Russia.

Nor has the West’s response to the conflict engendered better co-operation in the defence sphere. Commenting on the stalemate in the Ukraine conflict, the secretary general of Nato, Jens Stoltenberg, recently lamented the fragmented nature of Europe’s defence industry. “We are not able to work as closely together as we should,” he said, warning that the inability of European nations to pool resources could undermine efforts to maintain ammunition supplies to Ukraine.

The failure to afford the Russian threat the seriousness it deserves is evident in Britain, too, where analysis of Jeremy Hunt’s Autumn Statement last month suggests the Government is unlikely to fulfil its pledge to raise defence spending from 2 per cent to 2.5 per cent of GDP, a key requirement for making our Armed Forces better-equipped to counter the Russian threat. Not only, it appears, is Europe preparing to let Ukraine lose the war: it has little appetite for defending itself against future acts of Russian aggression.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Con Coughlin
Defence and Foreign Affairs Editor
7 December 2023 • 6:00am

With the Ukraine conflict languishing in stalemate, the possibility that Russian president Vladimir Putin might yet emerge victorious from his ill-judged invasion cannot be ignored, with all the implications such an outcome would have for Europe’s security.

Ukraine’s failure to make a decisive breakthrough in its counter-offensive during the summer has all but silenced the optimistic predictions made by Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and his senior commanders that victory was within Kyiv’s grasp. Instead, the Ukrainian narrative is in danger of descending into recriminations over the refusal of its Western allies to provide Kyiv with the weaponry required to break the impasse on the battlefield. As the Ukrainian leader remarked in a recent interview, “We didn’t get all the weapons we wanted, I can’t be satisfied.”

The lack of military progress, together with the eruption of hostilities between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, has certainly deepened the sense of scepticism among some Western leaders over Ukraine’s ability to prevail. There is a growing sentiment within the Biden administration, for example, that its interests would be better served by pressuring Zelensky to sue for peace, rather than persisting with a military campaign he stands little chance of winning.

Meanwhile, Putin is intensifying his efforts to reclaim the military advantage, using the country’s strong oil revenues to militarise the Russian economy, which has led to a significant increase in weapons production. Putin has also authorised a 170,000 increase in the size of the Russian military. He hopes this will aid its efforts to seize key strategic targets, such as the eastern town of Avdiivka in the Donbas region, the scene of recent heavy fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces.
The notion that, 21 months after Russia invaded Ukraine, the Russian military would still be capable of mounting an offensive seemed inconceivable only a few months ago, after Moscow had suffered a series of devastating setbacks. And while it still remains highly unlikely that Putin will be able to fulfil his goal of conquering all of Ukraine and establishing a puppet regime in Kyiv, any conclusion that results in the Kremlin retaining significant areas of Ukrainian territory will be hailed as a victory.

Such an outcome would present a significant challenge for the Western alliance, as its ability to withstand Russian aggression would be open to question after all the military support it has given Ukraine. It would also encourage Putin in the belief that he could undertake further acts of aggression on Nato’s eastern flank, safe in the knowledge that the West had neither the resources nor resolve to resist the Kremlin’s expansionist aims.

The prospect of Russia intensifying the threat it poses to European security in the event of Putin achieving only modest gains in Ukraine has prompted a number of prominent European military experts to question openly Nato’s preparedness for meeting such a challenge. A recent defence conference in Berlin was treated to a doomsday scenario whereby Europe risked suffering the same fate as the Holy Roman Empire under Napoleon, and being “washed away” in a future conflict with Russia because of Nato’s inability to defend Europe’s eastern flank.

Sönke Neitzel, one of Germany’s leading military historians, claimed that it could take 15 years before his country was capable of defending itself against Russia. His sentiments were reinforced by Jacek Siewiera, the chief of Poland’s National Security Bureau, who warned that Nato had as little as three years to prepare itself for a Russian attack on its eastern flank.

And yet, despite the obvious threat Moscow poses, Western leaders appear disinclined to credit it with the seriousness it merits. The argument made during the early stages of the Ukraine conflict – that ensuring Russia suffered a heavy defeat would dissuade Putin from further acts of aggression – has been replaced by war fatigue, and a desire to end hostilities at all costs, even if it leads to an emboldened Russia.

Nor has the West’s response to the conflict engendered better co-operation in the defence sphere. Commenting on the stalemate in the Ukraine conflict, the secretary general of Nato, Jens Stoltenberg, recently lamented the fragmented nature of Europe’s defence industry. “We are not able to work as closely together as we should,” he said, warning that the inability of European nations to pool resources could undermine efforts to maintain ammunition supplies to Ukraine.

The failure to afford the Russian threat the seriousness it deserves is evident in Britain, too, where analysis of Jeremy Hunt’s Autumn Statement last month suggests the Government is unlikely to fulfil its pledge to raise defence spending from 2 per cent to 2.5 per cent of GDP, a key requirement for making our Armed Forces better-equipped to counter the Russian threat. Not only, it appears, is Europe preparing to let Ukraine lose the war: it has little appetite for defending itself against future acts of Russian aggression.

Link? Seems like the dude is doom posting a worst case scenario along with trying to say a pyrrhic victory is still a victory for Russia.

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Link? Seems like the dude is doom posting a worst case scenario along with trying to say a pyrrhic victory is still a victory for Russia.

Yeah, it is an editorial from the Telegraph so obviously opinion based, and I don't know enough about the author to judge his opinions. I'm not sure how to link as it is subscription based and 12ft ladder doesn't get around the pop-up. It is still an interesting perspective, none-the-less.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Israeli wound dressings are probably good kit to send along with tourniquets. 

Absolutely. Already sent the ones I had plus all my sheers and tourniquets. Kept one good set of each, but I had 4 kits total. There are now US ones modeled after them. And a good backpack with a side bag.

But an issue they are facing is they are getting cheap gear vs. the good stuff. I think the Surly can do it right. Also, going via the twitter world is risky. Lots of scammers.

Working on the delivery. Need a central place to ship to here in the US and then I will get it over somehow.

We did have one member who knew a medical group over there. Anyone remember who that was? If they already have a supply chain might be best to go with them vs. creating a new one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Absolutely. Already sent the ones I had plus all my sheers and tourniquets. Kept one good set of each, but I had 4 kits total. There are now US ones modeled after them. And a good backpack with a side bag.
But an issue they are facing is they are getting cheap gear vs. the good stuff. I think the Surly can do it right. Also, going via the twitter world is risky. Lots of scammers.
Working on the delivery. Need a central place to ship to here in the US and then I will get it over somehow.
We did have one member who knew a medical group over there. Anyone remember who that was? If they already have a supply chain might be best to go with them vs. creating a new one.

I’m thinking that the best bet is to find a trusted source on that side of the ocean who can simply take our money to 1) obtain good shit, and 2) ship it for a lot cheaper than we can.

The boy has a Ukrainian friend who was working at the bases in the UK helping train UKA troops, could see if she has any hookups, both for logistics and kit.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m thinking that the best bet is to find a trusted source on that side of the ocean who can simply take our money to 1) obtain good shit, and 2) ship it for a lot cheaper than we can.

The boy has a Ukrainian friend who was working at the bases in the UK helping train UKA troops, could see if she has any hookups, both for logistics and kit.

yeah, that is easiest, but a lot of the EU equipment is not up to standard. Lots of medics on twitter complain about Chinese equipment that breaks when used. If we pack it we know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe there’s someone over there who can get their hands on Israeli packs?

Yep, am reaching out to see. There are some groups that do the donation route. I am cool with that. I just keep hearing quality has gone down on the front. People think, well I can send 5 of these cheap ones vs. 1 good one.

A thing to keep in mind is these are consumables. That wounded soldier takes the tourniquet with them when evacuated. Constant resupply has been an issue. So those, the bandages and IFAKs are what I see is asked for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, am reaching out to see. There are some groups that do the donation route. I am cool with that. I just keep hearing quality has gone down on the front. People think, well I can send 5 of these cheap ones vs. 1 good one.

A thing to keep in mind is these are consumables. That wounded soldier takes the tourniquet with them when evacuated. Constant resupply has been an issue. So those, the bandages and IFAKs are what I see is asked for.

They have tons of IFAKs. We made sure they had plenty. I could probably RFI my team for a POC with a charity that is coordinating delivery of material donations to Ukraine. I don't think our activities in Jasionka are classified. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

They have tons of IFAKs. We made sure they had plenty. I could probably RFI my team for a POC with a charity that is coordinating delivery of material donations to Ukraine. I don't think our activities in Jasionka are classified. 

Bad ass. My experience always was consumables run out and the supply chain has to catch up for kits.

So do you mind asking how we can adopt a medic? 

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Bad ass. My experience always was consumables run out and the supply chain has to catch up for kits.

So do you mind asking how we can adopt a medic? 

I did all mil to mil stuff.

Here is what Ukraine says they need: Microsoft Power BI

Here are delivery locations, with phone numbers: Humanitarian aid website (help.gov.ua)

How much money is being spent? I would suggest buying in Poland, stuff is WAY cheaper there. I occasionally bought stuff on Allegro.pl. I could pitch in $500.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Smells like bluster but let’s entertain it. What country is Russia diverting troops to when it thinks it can hold the Crimean land bridge with reduced manpower?

He can't touch the NATO countries for many obvious reasons. 

He's spent the last 21 months trying to take Avdiivka, a small suburb that's 45 miles from the Russian border, and 5 miles from Donetsk proper, an area that Russia has controlled for the last 9 years, and they've been unable to stop the Ukrainian landings across the Dnipro. Trying to take another country hostile to Russia when the Russian military can't even do something as close to Russia or Russian-occupied territory as Avdiivka is, is clearly out of the question, especially given the state of Russian cannon fodder and Russian logistics, so it's gotta have a small military and be relatively close to Russia proper. 

What other country does Putin put on the level of Ukraine in all of his speeches, as well as the speech from the end of November?  🚨 Belarus 🚨 (and they already speak Russian!)

There's also the CSTO - in addition to Russia and Belarus, it has Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and those four nations are starting to go their own way, or realizing that their relationship with Russia is not beneficial to them.  They were Soviet states and he wants to get the Soviet Union back together, but they could easily bog/grind down a lot of Russian troops.

Moldova is not happening for a lot of reasons - all it would do is really ramp the European defense industry and aid to Ukraine up to 11.  Moldova would be one of those things that would absolutely guarantee that the EU/NATO not only boost their defense industry output, but also their defenses in general.

Georgia is in the mix as well, but again, it's going to help ramp up Western efforts focused on defeating Russia in Ukraine (not as much as Moldova) but the Georgian defense couldn't even beat Alabama so they're probably a lost cause. With that said, Georgia would create a massive (insecure) logistics chain, and Russia is having problems with its existing logistics in Ukraine as it is, whereas Belarus would be tapping into the same (secure) logistics chains (trains) already in use in supplying Ukraine.

It's gotta be Belarus.  170,000 could probably do it, given the small size of Belarus and the small size of its military and that Russia surrounds a huge chunk of it.  Lukashenko better watch out.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I did all mil to mil stuff.

Here is what Ukraine says they need: Microsoft Power BI

Here are delivery locations, with phone numbers: Humanitarian aid website (help.gov.ua)

How much money is being spent? I would suggest buying in Poland, stuff is WAY cheaper there. I occasionally bought stuff on Allegro.pl. I could pitch in $500.

Man, great information. My friends and son work with EOD and support. 

Appreciate it. 

14 hours ago, B00M said:

Smells like bluster but let’s entertain it. What country is Russia diverting troops to when it thinks it can hold the Crimean land bridge with reduced manpower?

Russia sees that the west is not producing enough shells for Ukraine, that Israel is embroiled in a war (that heats up as soon as Hezbollah enters), and…a potential Taiwan blockade or invasion. 

Really, the U.S. and NATO need to recognize the reality and commit to major increases in defense spending. No bad actors are currently deterred. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Texaskimo said:

New member, first post ever on the forum is in this thread posting stories of Russian success.

nu uh .... hes a totally legit, random internet stranger that just happened to make their way to our fair forum. 

The_Guns_Of_Navarone_730x730.jpg

if we cant trust Gregory Peck anymore who can we trust?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Gregory peck said:

Situation north of Bakhmut: Recent video shows Russian Army being deployed in the abandoned trenches at the road towards Chasiv Yar/Часів Яр. During the battle for Bakhmut this area was a bloody field where many lives were lost in both sides. Now, Ukrainian Army is retreating from all of this defensive line due to the pressure from different sides by Russian forces which are progressing with relative speed.

They’re fighting NATO now and things are shifting. The sooner we get over our delusions about the war (or correct our info sources), the sooner we can properly address the threat Russia presents. 

Sanctions have also been a source of delusion. 

If a twitter account has a blue check mark it must be accurate and definitely not some dipshit paying $8/month to post bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

If a twitter account has a blue check mark it must be accurate and definitely not some dipshit paying $8/month to post bullshit.

Also, it's real marked progress when one has secured a ditch.  Never mind the fact that the ditch isn't large enough to fit all the dead bodies of those used to secure it.  Watch the fuck out Warsaw.  

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Gregory peck said:

Wait, so now we’re saying Suriyak maps with geolocation is no good? Unless I’m mistaken it’s been a reputable account the whole time and all the armchair warlords know that. This is the delusion/denial I’m talking about. 

I've never heard of the guy. I've never seen anyone reputable talk of the guy. He does seem to repeat a bunch of Russian talking points. But, again, that's what you're seeking out. I prefer ISW, even if they aren't actively changing their maps in real time.

• Hook 'Em 1

He can't touch the NATO countries for many obvious reasons. 
He's spent the last 21 months trying to take Avdiivka, a small suburb that's 45 miles from the Russian border, and 5 miles from Donetsk proper, an area that Russia has controlled for the last 9 years, and they've been unable to stop the Ukrainian landings across the Dnipro. Trying to take another country hostile to Russia when the Russian military can't even do something as close to Russia or Russian-occupied territory as Avdiivka is, is clearly out of the question, especially given the state of Russian cannon fodder and Russian logistics, so it's gotta have a small military and be relatively close to Russia proper. 
What other country does Putin put on the level of Ukraine in all of his speeches, as well as the speech from the end of November?   Belarus  (and they already speak Russian!)
There's also the CSTO - in addition to Russia and Belarus, it has Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and those four nations are starting to go their own way, or realizing that their relationship with Russia is not beneficial to them.  They were Soviet states and he wants to get the Soviet Union back together, but they could easily bog/grind down a lot of Russian troops.
Moldova is not happening for a lot of reasons - all it would do is really ramp the European defense industry and aid to Ukraine up to 11.  Moldova would be one of those things that would absolutely guarantee that the EU/NATO not only boost their defense industry output, but also their defenses in general.
Georgia is in the mix as well, but again, it's going to help ramp up Western efforts focused on defeating Russia in Ukraine (not as much as Moldova) but the Georgian defense couldn't even beat Alabama so they're probably a lost cause. With that said, Georgia would create a massive (insecure) logistics chain, and Russia is having problems with its existing logistics in Ukraine as it is, whereas Belarus would be tapping into the same (secure) logistics chains (trains) already in use in supplying Ukraine.
It's gotta be Belarus.  170,000 could probably do it, given the small size of Belarus and the small size of its military and that Russia surrounds a huge chunk of it.  Lukashenko better watch out.

Luka is toast, and has been since he had to go full authoritarian after the last real elections. He had to go to daddy for support, and in doing so, sealed his status as ruler of a vassal state at best. Belarus is Russia’s whenever it wants to take it.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Today, I felt that @JMilei truly wants strength for his country and honesty in international relations.

I thanked him for supporting Ukraine and invited Argentina to work together with us to restore peace. We also discussed our bilateral cooperation, which can strengthen economy and create jobs for both of our nations.  

This was a decent and bright meeting. I sincerely wish Argentina good decisions and steady growth. Let there be less poverty and more strength. And may freedom only become stronger.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

Spent time today with an aggy who is in the military and thinks we should give Russia the eastern part of Ukraine and Crimea, and that Ukraine has no business being part of NATO.

Remind him that aggy thought that changing conferences to the SEC would solve all of their woes and make them great and that they would no longer be a mid-tier/bottom-tier team, and ask him how many conference or division championships they have since joining the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Today, I felt that @JMilei truly wants strength for his country and honesty in international relations.

I thanked him for supporting Ukraine and invited Argentina to work together with us to restore peace. We also discussed our bilateral cooperation, which can strengthen economy and create jobs for both of our nations.  

This was a decent and bright meeting. I sincerely wish Argentina good decisions and steady growth. Let there be less poverty and more strength. And may freedom only become stronger.

I wonder if the Z man went home and spun his new menorah