Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Europe stepping up?  Let's hope so.  

Link won't embed for some reason, but the push for $50 billion in military aid is going thru the EU right now.  If we can get that, combined with the US $60 billion it would nearly double the budget Russia has towards defense/military spending.   

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-putin-questions-kremlin-qa-1852365

Putin had a Q&A with the people of Russia and evidently the screener let some real questions thru, (that guys dead now lol) I copied a few of the highlights below.

“For how long will you keep manipulating the percentage of inflation?”, 
"When will the war end? When will there be peace in the skies? When will peace talks begin?" asked one. "Public officials have accounts and property overseas, their children study there too. Why would they care about Russia's interests, and how can they occupy such high positions?" asked another., One question was, "tell us, when will our lives get better?" while another takes a more philosophical bent, posing to Putin, "why does your reality differ from ours?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Theye might very well be on a third, or building a third army.  

In this context, I'd say their first army was pretty much wiped out in 2022, at the latest in early 2023.  And that included most of their training battalions, that were stripped early on of their instructors (who were sent to fight), because that was a total short-term move aka "we just need to knock this out right now, so we don't need training battalions in the short term".  Those training battalions were never reconstituted. That's a huge ripple effect.

That loss was the reason for the massive mobilization in the fall/winter of 2022 (where they saw 500,000 - 700,000 or more men fleeing the country).

I think the second army was probably mostly lost from early 2023 through the early fall, but I think the shell of it may still be there.

We probably are on a third army or will be within 5-6 months, because the quality of men, training, equipment, is vastly different than what they rolled in with in February 2022, and it feels like it's different than what we saw 6 months ago.

I'm also wondering if they are letting men out after their supposed one-year conscription/mobilization term. I'd say they weren't unless they were wounded.

The sad truth is Ukraine is possibly on their 3rd army as well. War is a bitch on both nations.

The good news is NATO is training new troops, and there is a concerted effort to supply / arm Ukraine. But how long will that material help last? Or will Poland get involved in a shooting war thus dragging NATO in as well?

Sorry for being so bleak on a Thursday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

When I see stuff like that second video, it makes me ask, "If you're up walking around, then why the fuck aren't you cleaning that shithole up?  You don't know when that bus is coming - if ever.  Who wants to wallow indefinitely in vermin and garbage?"  Then I'm like, "Oh yeah, the Russians."

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

And has to listen to German Metal music 24/7 while waiting on his sentence. Ya know, the Noriega treatment.

Scorpions and Klaus take offense at such talk!

Give them shitty pop

https://berlinspectator.com/2021/01/08/made-in-germany-the-top-10-most-terrible-pop-songs-of-all-time/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/13/2023 at 1:07 PM, MissingInAction said:

They got booted out for the same reasons we and the British did: A complete and total misunderstanding of the tribal culture, and the terrain is like Switzerlandx10.

They left because they failed in their mission.  I don't know what our mission was.   

On 12/13/2023 at 10:21 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i just sense the manpower doesn't matter at all.  we will never get to a point where enough people have died for russia so they are getting weak.  they can infinitely re-up their lines from eastern russia, then millions of folks like wagner got from africa or ME, or empty some more prisons, or DPRK sending dudes over.  the same is basically true with arms.  no victory by attrition here.

the only progress can be through taking a chunk of land and holding it.   keep doing that until we reach the border.

Manpower definitely matters.   There is a reason they haven't sent too many Moscow boys to die.   Once that happens they will break.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not the big one for now. Gets the equipment in to absorb the spring offensive.

babe something GIF

Still have a few hours today and tomorrow for that.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Biden "impeachment" inquiry combine with the slightest give on the border is enough shade for Johnson to call a vote on it.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Apparently Senator Rubio and Senator Kaine put in a provision that makes it law that leaving NATO would require a vote from Congress.  A "you know who" clause if you will.  It's part of the package.  

noCR, but a lot of stupid people think their guy has been playing chess while the other guy/rest of the world has been playing checkers.  And I have a number of issues with Marco Rubio.  But he has been silently brilliant on Ukraine.  He is indeed playing chess while so many on Capitol Hill are struggling to get the "chutes & ladders" gamepieces out of their nostrils.  But we can unpack this later.  Literally.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

When I see stuff like that second video, it makes me ask, "If you're up walking around, then why the fuck aren't you cleaning that shithole up?  You don't know when that bus is coming - if ever.  Who wants to wallow indefinitely in vermin and garbage?"  Then I'm like, "Oh yeah, the Russians."

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Even the most basic step to improve well being is to clean up your own shit.

Cats are more hygienic than russians.Russians.

If people ask how we know the Russians aren't getting any actual military training, show them videos like this.  In the West, it was hammered into our heads to police our trash and keep our areas clean and be mindful of where we shit, because otherwise you start getting vermin and disease.

I've sent a few videos like that to a former drill instructor of mine that I'm FB friends with, and I got back the little angry guy gif blowing his top.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If people ask how we know the Russians aren't getting any actual military training, show them videos like this.  In the West, it was hammered into our heads to police our trash and keep our areas clean and be mindful of where we shit, because otherwise you start getting vermin and disease.

I've sent a few videos like that to a former drill instructor of mine that I'm FB friends with, and I got back the little angry guy gif blowing his top.

We were trained to do that in the Scouts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

noCR, but a lot of stupid people think their guy has been playing chess while the other guy/rest of the world has been playing checkers.  And I have a number of issues with Marco Rubio.  But he has been silently brilliant on Ukraine.  He is indeed playing chess while so many on Capitol Hill are struggling to get the "chutes & ladders" gamepieces out of their nostrils.  But we can unpack this later.  Literally.

Silly people assume brilliance for inheriting opportunity and just not completely fucking it up.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Fucking a we were. This x1000.

…and if I didn’t teach my scouts that, when they found 1000 ants in their sleeping bag - where they decided to break the rules and eat potato chips in bed the night before - gave them a much better understanding of policing the area

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3
  • Prepare your anus 1