Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Here’s a good article on Prigozhin and his increasing prominence and disputes. 

Putin has long been someone who likes to use competing centers of power and influence to make sure subordinates stay subordinate and focused on other battles than gunning for the top (again, this is his KGB background).  But it’s no way to run a war. You can’t have competing commanders in the same theatre. 

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-prigozhin-putin-chef-vagner-limelight-ukraine-war/32112554.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MillerEP said:

This is a big deal. The "hypersonic ballistic" missile was allegedly shot down by a Patriot system. The Kinzhal was unveiled and hyped by Putin in 2018 and is described as "unstoppable". Be on the lookout of Russian coping.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Looks like a Patriot battery shot down the Mach 10*, super-maneuverable*, hypersonic*, unmatched* Kinzhal missile. 

*The Kinzhal is none of those things. 

Are you telling me the Russians lie and overstate their capabilities?  Shocked!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Prigozhin's ranting and threat to pull out of Bakhmut and reports of regular Russian units redeploying elsewhere sound good, but it seems too public to me.  I smell a rat, and the wind's coming from Russia's direction.  I think they are trying to set a trap and get Ukraine to overextend there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Prigozhin's ranting and threat to pull out of Bakhmut and reports of regular Russian units redeploying elsewhere sound good, but it seems too public to me.  I smell a rat, and the wind's coming from Russia's direction.  I think they are trying to set a trap and get Ukraine to overextend there.

braveheart-mel-gibson.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yes, Wagner is an arm of the Russian state and has previously acted as a plausibly deniable extension of the Russian MOD. That’s why it’s a bit shocking for him call out Shoigu, he’s likely believing that he can curry more favor with Putin with this shit since the Russian armed forces performed so miserably. But Wagner exists to serve Russian state interests as defined by Putin as the personification of the state. Prigozhin’s star is linked to Putin for better or worse and any plausible successor would decide he doesn’t need either a Wagner Group or a Prigozhin and will do away with both. 

Wagner would never be allied to source its own weapons outside of Russian official channels, without the blessing from Putin himself. And that’s unlikely to come. 

That’s what I thought but wasn’t 100% sure. Kind of a wild move by the this guy. It’ll be interesting to see if they pull out as threatened or not. 

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That’s was my concern. Why call out your lifeline and boss so publicly? And the over the top theatrics.

Disseminating information from leaders this way is very different. It isn’t Schwarzkopf on CNN or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Those trenches were way too shallow and those dumb fucks didn't even try to surrender after it was clear that things weren't going to work out for them.

I occasionally come across this guy:

https://twitter.com/CMusso6

He makes long posts about the war at times, but usually are pretty interesting, including pointing out stuff that a lot of us here know, but that most Americans don't, such as how Russia's war against Ukraine is not worse than past wars - it's just that it's documented in real-time for us, and their war crimes are just a few clicks away on social media.  Basically, Russia has always been evil in their wars, it's just that we couldn't get the full picture of it.

This stood out to me, and @Brisketexan will appreciate the aptness (and how well it applies to other topics)

"...the natural inclination of people to be attracted more by complex lies rather than a linear and simple truth"

FvdtbujXoAIaEMb?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Social Media is claiming that Russian civilians/non-essentials/etc. are completely bugging out of Melitopol, and that officials are burning lots of documents (police/local government), and hauling stuff away in trucks.

Something something when the rats are fleeing a ship, you should bail as well or whatever.

Also, Russia is now David, and Ukraine is Goliath

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Those trenches were way too shallow and those dumb fucks didn't even try to surrender after it was clear that things weren't going to work out for them.
He makes long posts about the war at times, but usually are pretty interesting, including pointing out stuff that a lot of us here know, but that most Americans don't, such as how Russia's war against Ukraine is not worse than past wars - it's just that it's documented in real-time for us, and their war crimes are just a few clicks away on social media.  Basically, Russia has always been evil in their wars, it's just that we couldn't get the full picture of it.
This stood out to me, and [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] will appreciate the aptness (and how well it applies to other topics)
"...the natural inclination of people to be attracted more by complex lies rather than a linear and simple truth"

Bingo.
And, umm….read that post in relation to other similar messaging that might be familiar from the last several years.
We’re a lot more like Russia than many of us would like to admit.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

This stood out to me, and [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] will appreciate the aptness (and how well it applies to other topics)

To be fair, those Ukes did not look like they were in the mood to be taking prisoners.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Shits about to go down

Somebody posted a marine traffic map to it  (obviously it's the Kerch bridge/strait) -

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:36.7/centery:45.3/zoom:10

Would be hilarious/awesome if in addition to running them out of Melitopol, they cut that area off - that would completely isolate Crimea.

• Hook 'Em 2