Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

34 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

It's primary use is as a smoke round IIRC, though it is obviously useful as a destructive round.

It can be used for smoke in a pinch.  We never fired that many of them due their propensity to start grass fires.  From my memory, which is getting more sieve-like by the day, WP rounds were the heaviest 60mm rounds, so we most frequently used them as the first rounds fired, to set our base plates firmly in the soil.  They also make pretty cool mushroom clouds, like micro nukes.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I'll never forget the Willie Pete demo in basic.

They pulled the pin and set the canister on the hood of an old keep. Fucker went through the engine block like it was acid blood from Aliens.

Holy shit. All along I thought people can just hid under a cover. But if it’ll burn / melt through cover, then damn…

So the above story might be related, I can't recall seeing this earlier

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/us-ukraine-air-amraam-guided-missiles/

Apparently, it was announced in early September that we would begin to provide AMRAAM missiles (air to air, can be modified to be used with NASAMS).  I suppose the initial take away is that they would have just been a part of a package for the F16s.  However, if they have managed to have adapted it to work on a MIG this might be a very big surprise/big deal.  Reported 180km to 200km fire and forget weapon.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

So the above story might be related, I can't recall seeing this earlier

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/us-ukraine-air-amraam-guided-missiles/

Apparently, it was announced in early September that we would begin to provide AMRAAM missiles (air to air, can be modified to be used with NASAMS).  I suppose the initial take away is that they would have just been a part of a package for the F16s.  However, if they have managed to have adapted it to work on a MIG this might be a very big surprise/big deal.  Reported 180km to 200km fire and forget weapon.  

Ukrainian Migs don't have the radar to take advantage of that range unfortunately. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Newer versions on our fighters, yes. Jury rigged to an old mig? I don't see how. 

Here's a hypothetical, what is the radar range on a global hawk and could that just so happen to be intercepted by the Wrightchenko's and used in such a manner?  

Worth tracking: 

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned a small group of lawmakers last week that his department is tracking the possibility that Azerbaijan could soon invade Armenia, Politico reports citing to two people familiar with the conversation.

Azerbaijiani President Ilham Aliyev has previously called on Armenia to open a "corridor" along its southern border, linking mainland Azerbaijan to an exclave that borders Turkey and Iran. Aliyev has threatened to solve the issue "by force."

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Ukrainian military report “heated” fighting and non-stop Russian assaults, as their attack on Avdiivka continues into its fifth day. Russia's trying to push out from the occupied city of Donetsk & outflank and surround the eastern town of Avdiivka - located on its outskirts. “There is certainly no silence there at all. Shooting battles continue, both from the north and from the south of the city.”  

Numerous videos have shown Russian armoured columns being decimated by accurate Ukrainian fire & Russian bloggers have also said the attacks are not going well. However, constant attacks and daily Russian shelling will be taking its toll - not least on Ukrainian supplies and ammo.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not one to judge explosive bathroom experiences, though I have been attempting to increase my fiber intake.  

You're not kidding. Waiting until after Texas/OU to start my diet. trying to eat a salad for lunch and some grilled vegetables with dinner. Man, Thursday night was horrible.......I swear I shitted out 5 pounds of romaine lettuce.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:

You're not kidding. Waiting until after Texas/OU to start my diet. trying to eat a salad for lunch and some grilled vegetables with dinner. Man, Thursday night was horrible.......I swear I shitted out 5 pounds of romaine lettuce.....

The wife has pushed us into a Keto diet, without my really knowing it until lately (I could sort of give shit).  The results have been good, with some...unpleasantness.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The wife has pushed us into a Keto diet, without my really knowing it until lately (I could sort of give shit).  The results have been good, with some...unpleasantness.  

So you just now noticed that she is feeding you butter? Interesting. 

• Haha 3

We get a meal at work from culinary. Unfortunately, the current chef tends to lean into "healthy" meals like turkey meatloaf, Kale and eggplant. On the occasions we get something decent like prime rib they fuck it up with their version of cheesy grits which do not reheat in a microwave worth a fuck and quinoa. WTF is quinoa? The oriental meals are pretty decent and consistent quality. I miss the old days back when I started there. We got to order off a menu and one option was 2 bacon wrapped filet mignon with baked potato. Guess what I ordered 5 days a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So you just now noticed that she is feeding you butter? Interesting. 

She's always made she we eat pretty healthy, I just hadn't noticed some subtle changes, I sort of wondered where the bread went and finally asked about it.  

Back on task

• Hook 'Em 5

Talking about shit, which we do, is only getting worse. Dammit, stay on task or the overlords are going to yell at us! 

And Quinoa is a grain. From a very poor part of the Andes. it is what the dependents of the Inca live on. Well not they cannot afford it since Karen and her Yoga class pay top dollar. Damn Karens. 

• Rage+1 1

We get a meal at work from culinary. Unfortunately, the current chef tends to lean into "healthy" meals like turkey meatloaf, Kale and eggplant. On the occasions we get something decent like prime rib they fuck it up with their version of cheesy grits which do not reheat in a microwave worth a fuck and quinoa. WTF is quinoa? The oriental meals are pretty decent and consistent quality. I miss the old days back when I started there. We got to order off a menu and one option was 2 bacon wrapped filet mignon with baked potato. Guess what I ordered 5 days a week.
Dude Asian (american)please.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I too have experienced this phenomenon.  
spacer.png

• Haha 5

I’m late to the party, but wrt the phosphorus- the way to attack a metal on fire is to suffocate it by displacing oxygen to break the fire triangle, like halon systems and other class D extinguishers. But- how do you sufficiently displace the oxygen in an outdoor environment such as a battlefield?  Good luck. 

ps metals burn hot enough that if you add water, it will hydrolyze the water into O2 and H2 which- yeah doesn’t help. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, RPM said:

Dude Asian (american)please.

Bill Parcells - Jap Plays - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/12/2023 at 7:04 PM, B00M said:

Haven’t seen any videos of this in Ukraine yet … not sure I want to 

Knife Cutting GIF by Paul Cooks

It's mesmerizing. I forgot which thread I was in.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:02 AM, The Dog said:

She IS a corpse. Ew.

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The self-owns are perfect...

F8UmW93WoAEKWio?format=jpg&name=small

No, I won't; yes, you are.

• Haha 1