Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Gee, guess who fooled everybody and was posting videos making it look like he was still in Russia the past week, while he was actively bailing on the country.  Smart if the authorities were keeping an eye on him.  He had said if he thought he would get mobilized, he could get out of the country, but now I think he said that while he was escaping.  He was scared that travel restrictions were close to kicking in.

He was also staying at an address other than the official address the authorities had on file for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gee, guess who fooled everybody and was posting videos making it look like he was still in Russia the past week, while he was actively bailing on the country.  Smart if the authorities were keeping an eye on him.  He had said if he thought he would get mobilized, he could get out of the country, but now I think he said that while he was escaping.  He was scared that travel restrictions were close to kicking in.

He was also staying at an address other than the official address the authorities had on file for him.

I don't want anything bad to happen to him, but I can't make it 30 seconds through his smarmy videos.

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't want anything bad to happen to him, but I can't make it 30 seconds through his smarmy videos.

Clap Yes GIF by Jasmine Star

Easier to read his comments.   I think he knew he would not last long in the Russian Army.

There maybe a handful of Russian YouTubers still around.  I think she’s the most high-profile one left, but that’s the Niki guy in her video, and he bailed last week, so maybe she’s gone as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Clap Yes GIF by Jasmine Star

Easier to read his comments.   I think he knew he would not last long in the Russian Army.

There maybe a handful of Russian YouTubers still around.  I think she’s the most high-profile one left, but that’s the Niki guy in her video, and he bailed last week, so maybe she’s gone as well.

No, no, I am immune to your tricks. Semi-attractive redhead is a nice try, but that's the state bird of Alabama, I don't have to click on your little freak's video to see one of those.

• Haha 3

Going back to the new HIMARS, it might take a while to get them there

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3173378/11-billion-in-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

Unlike Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA), which DoD has continued to leverage to deliver equipment to Ukraine from DoD stocks at a historic pace, USAI is an authority under which the United States procures capabilities from industry. This announcement represents the beginning of a contracting process to provide additional priority capabilities to Ukraine in the mid- and long-term. 

Listing

UKRAINE-FACT-SHEET-SEP-28.PDF
https://media.defense.gov/2022/Sep/28/2003087045/-1/-1/1/UKRAINE-FACT-SHEET-SEP-28.PDF

More at that link, including 18 patrol and riverine boats.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MillerEP said:

Looking at all those old men, just screams that something has gone terribly wrong. Like when you have to send 60-year-old men to fight you know something is seriously fucked. What's worse is this isn't a world war, this isn't defending your homeland from annihilation or anything, it's all over a war you started to hold  onto 15% of your smaller neighbor's territory. 

And they haven’t seen the worst of it.  The young are fleeing - I think it’s close to 250,000 have fled Russia, which really hurts the economy.

And about that economy 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Black Widow Avengers GIF

In just a week or so, Putin has basically removed half a million men from the economy, with another 600,000 on the horizon.  

They've lost hundreds of thousands of young men who have fled the country, most of whom were contributing to the economy (both in spending, but more importantly in jobs/produciton/manufacturing).  And the hundreds of thousands that fled, probably had better jobs than most Russians (otherwise they couldn't afford it), and they were probably in the prime age of 25-40.  They are dumping hundreds of thousands more men into mobilization (and it's clear they aren't stopping at 300,000) which takes them out of circulation for contributing to the economy.  And if they are mobilizing heavily in the minority and/or rural areas, that's going to hit a lot of low-skilled jobs (agriculture, oil/gas, etc.).

The Russian economy was...limping along prior to last week's announcement. Not great, not terrible.  Putin has just gutted a massive chunk of arguably its most productive portion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

63E6CC49-D2AB-4E10-BC49-B225B13770B4.thumb.jpeg.986a7e1e96e3b75f10cde38e9a3b7073.jpeg

it took one day for Amazon to get me this book, and one day to read it. I can’t express how this book explains absolutely everything about the current conflict - and the behavior and success of the Russian army. It also describes perfectly the sort of immoral, selfish, both bully and victim at the same time existence which is apparently the essence of the Russian soul.

I can’t recommend it more highly.  It is the semi-autobiography of a young law student from Moscow who fought in Chechnya.   The culture of the military is so far worse than I imagined.  I almost felt sorry for him /them it was so horrible.   But I realized that there was zero will to change, they need to own all of this. 

+1. Fantastic read

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In just a week or so, Putin has basically removed half a million men from the economy, with another 600,000 on the horizon.  

They've lost hundreds of thousands of young men who have fled the country, most of whom were contributing to the economy (both in spending, but more importantly in jobs/produciton/manufacturing).  And the hundreds of thousands that fled, probably had better jobs than most Russians (otherwise they couldn't afford it), and they were probably in the prime age of 25-40.  They are dumping hundreds of thousands more men into mobilization (and it's clear they aren't stopping at 300,000) which takes them out of circulation for contributing to the economy.  And if they are mobilizing heavily in the minority and/or rural areas, that's going to hit a lot of low-skilled jobs (agriculture, oil/gas, etc.).

The Russian economy was...limping along prior to last week's announcement. Not great, not terrible.  Putin has just gutted a massive chunk of arguably its most productive portion.

But who is going to be left to overthrow Putin?

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s the Castro method. Let all your opposition leave, rule the remainder with less fuss.

For dictators with O&G economies, it could work pretty well. Fewer hassles, fewer people to feed, and more money per remaining household. Seriously, all Putin really needs is a security force and his oil and gas company. Everyone else is a drain and a security risk. Of course, it wasn't his initial strategy and his bid to rule the world failed but it isn't a bad fallback position.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s a whole lot of fake legalese that can be dragged out or sped up when it comes to formal annexation. I read the Meduza article and they’re clear that the annexation is almost certain to happen, it’s a question of how best to sell it to the Russian people. 

I am extremely doubtful Putin changes his mind, you can’t unring the bell of fake referendums. Nothing could look more effete than refusing to annex after holding them and announcing results. 

I told y’all that Putin wasn’t going to be changing his mind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I googled, and Gazprom (the Russian company that has Gerhard Schroeder still on the payroll) is the majority owner of Nordstream 1 and 2. I hate calling mysteries “false flags”, because that can be an easy cop out when your side does something bad. Still,…who benefits?

Argument for Russia being culprit- punishes Germany this winter, unless Russia makes repairs (hoping that Germany exerts pressure in NATO to back off?), also Russia says repairs require sanctions on chips to be lifted. 
Energy is a commodity, and if the pipeline isn’t repaired, prices can spike, meaning more needed cash for Russia. 
Russia own the pipeline, so no increase in sanctions if they are found to be guilty. 
Arguments against Russia being the culprit: they are saying very loudly that they didn’t do it. (😂). Also, impedes commercial agreement between Russia and Germany. Finally, the op appears to be successful, which may be an argument against Russian special forces doing it. 

Arguments for Ukraine doing it: Got nothing. 
Arguments against: they’re wanting help from Germany, so they’re not screwing with their energy. 

Arguments for the US doing it: Force Germany’s hand?

Arguments against: Not out style- the US tends to make strategic moves with a chainsaw, not a scalpel. 

I’m leaning towards Russia. Someone needs to check their UN SC presentation to see how much was created two weeks ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

I googled, and Gazprom (the Russian company that has Gerhard Schroeder still on the payroll) is the majority owner of Nordstream 1 and 2. I hate calling mysteries “false flags”, because that can be an easy cop out when your side does something bad. Still,…who benefits?

Argument for Russia being culprit- punishes Germany this winter, unless Russia makes repairs (hoping that Germany exerts pressure in NATO to back off?), also Russia says repairs require sanctions on chips to be lifted. 
Energy is a commodity, and if the pipeline isn’t repaired, prices can spike, meaning more needed cash for Russia. 
Russia own the pipeline, so no increase in sanctions if they are found to be guilty. 
Arguments against Russia being the culprit: they are saying very loudly that they didn’t do it. (😂). Also, impedes commercial agreement between Russia and Germany. Finally, the op appears to be successful, which may be an argument against Russian special forces doing it. 

Arguments for Ukraine doing it: Got nothing. 
Arguments against: they’re wanting help from Germany, so they’re not screwing with their energy. 

Arguments for the US doing it: Force Germany’s hand?

Arguments against: Not out style- the US tends to make strategic moves with a chainsaw, not a scalpel. 

I’m leaning towards Russia. Someone needs to check their UN SC presentation to see how much was created two weeks ago. 

This is a joke right? Its not even a question that it was Russia, like wtf? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2