Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State

Machinator

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I meant more that Bama don't give a fuck so long as the corch they get gives the best chance to win the most games.

Exactly. Not a single bastard in power at Alabama gives a shit about a man’s integrity or their families well being. Simply win.

They showed what they were all about with Perkins, Curry, Stallings, and to a lessor degree Shula and Price. And Stallings got them a title, and still had to deal with his family being constantly attacked by their media machine.

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

...And the Exodus Begins

Just 24 hours after Urban Meyer announced he'll be stepping down as Ohio State head coach after the Rose Bowl, the Buckeyes' 2020 recruiting class is now down two verbal pledges. 

On Tuesday, 4-star 2020 safety Lejond Cavazos decommitted from Ohio State, which was obviously a major blow to the program. 

Fast forward to Wednesday morning, and 4-star offensive tackle Jake Wray has joined Cavazos in opening up his recruitment. 

Don't expect Wray to be the last player to decommit from Ohio State, as the bombshell Meyer news is clearly having a negative impact out on the recruiting trail. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/breaking-4-star-ot-decommits-from-ohio-state-following-urban-meyer-news/ar-BBQx7e9?li=BBnb7Kz

And Meyer is celebrating every decommit.  He's probably pulling a Mack and telling players to look elsewhere. 

Is there any doubt this "retirement" move is 100% out of spite over the public paddling OSU admin gave him?

There will be no one rooting harder for OSU to fail than this fucking slimeball.

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

And Meyer is celebrating every decommit.  He's probably pulling a Mack and telling players to look elsewhere. 

Is there any doubt this "retirement" move is 100% out of spite over the public paddling OSU admin gave him?

There will be no one rooting harder for OSU to fail than this fucking slimeball.

STAAAHHHHHP.

It's becuase of his headaches. Why can't you believe him?!

On 12/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, IDIOTsavant said:

According to the Project Veritas article, it was quite the opposite in fact:

According to the players, there was a culture under Coach Meyer where injured players would be mocked, and the severity of their injuries would be kept from them.

Nixon spoke specifically of an incident regarding Gideon Ajagbe, a freshman for Meyer’s 2010 Florida Gator team, who contracted a severe infection in his shoulder that led to hospitalization. Before he was hospitalized, Ajagbe was forced to practice and was purposefully subjected to ridicule from the team.

Nixon said Ajagbe “was literally dying.” Despite having “bacteria eating the muscle in his shoulders,” Ajagbe was forced to carry “a 45-pound plate over his head… he was crying.” Nixon believed Meyer’s staff “didn’t adequately acknowledge” Ajagbe’s injury. Ajagbe confirmed this event in his own words:

“… it was bad. A lot of what played into my depression was they humiliated me. They thought I was trying to skip out on practice… the word they used, imma be frank, they said I was a pu**y. They’re like man, you’re a pu**y, you’re soft, you’re this, you’re that… There was one day, my arm was literally dangling, like I couldn’t lift my shoulder… And they were like everybody run like Gideon… The whole team, like everyone was laughing at me.”

Ajagbe said he communicated that he was in pain, but that Meyer’s staff would still push him to practice:

“And they’ll try to make me lift up weights, and I’ll literally have [my bad shoulder] up, I don’t know how I got it up there, but I would put all my weight on [my good shoulder…] But they didn’t know, nobody knew, but it was still like daggers.”

Ajagbe expressed remorse, saying, “My mom and dad sent me out here and they put all their faith in this coaching staff to take care of me.” The abuse nearly led Ajagbe to suicide.

After being examined by medical professionals, Ajagbe became depressed and struggled with pills. “Imma be honest with you, I was suicidal.” ”

Full article here for those that didn't catch it the first time:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

This hits close to home. 

Gideon Ajagbe is the youth pastor at the church I attend in northeast Texas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

At first I naturally assumed this was one of treaty oak's fake stories. 

Once I realized it was a real tweet, I assumed it was a joke account. 

Once I realized it was an account for a real site, I went digging around the site to see if it was one of those sites that allows user submissions and doesn't claim that articles are truthful. 

Yes, I actually spent about 5 minutes researching this because I couldn't possibly believe that it wasn't some kind of joke.

Holy shit, Ohio State, the only thing you could've done worse than keeping him as a coach is hiring him to teach a damn character and leadership course.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

At first I naturally assumed this was one of treaty oak's fake stories. 

Once I realized it was a real tweet, I assumed it was a joke account. 

Once I realized it was an account for a real site, I went digging around the site to see if it was one of those sites that allows user submissions and doesn't claim that articles are truthful. 

Yes, I actually spent about 5 minutes researching this because I couldn't possibly believe that it wasn't some kind of joke.

Holy shit, Ohio State, the only thing you could've done worse than keeping him as a coach is hiring him to teach a damn character and leadership course.

You know, if you wanted to keep Urban around as some kind of faculty member, I couldn't care less, as long as it was something like "Theory of Football" or "Golf and Bowling" or whatnot.  

But to have him instruct a course in character and leadership....that's just a fucking joke.

Urban’s course will meld nicely with these other courses taught by Ohio State coaches in the past:

Woody Hayes -“Treating Players Right, Especially Opposing Teams.”

Earl Bruce - “Mediocrity is Unacceptable.”

John Cooper - “How to Beat Michigan.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone migrating from OSU to tOSU..?

Report: Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich in running for same position at Ohio State

by NATHAN RUIZ
Published: Fri, December 28, 2018 3:23 PM Updated: Fri, December 28, 2018 3:38 PM

https://newsok.com/article/5618875/report-osu-oc-mike-yurcich-in-running-for-same-position-at-ohio-state

I don't understand who'll stand up for the meat-heads who beat their wives in the future when Meyer is gone from the landscape?  The guys that can't ever shut the fuck up about how awesome they were in high school/college football?  Who will help them out when they invariably turn on their loved ones and start smacking?  

No, what Harbaugh is doing is calculated and for the betterment of his program.

Cold blooded is listening to the tearful pleas of a battered woman great with child, on her hands and knees wondering when the sun will rise again and when the constant terror will finally lift and permit her an effortless breath.  And Meyer contemplates the situation and says, like a corrupt Latin America cop tells a kidnap victim after he gets his kickback, "Sorry sweetheart, this is more important that you."  

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Poaching your rivals DC is fucking cold blooded. 

Daaaaamn. 

Harbaugh continues to impress like a wet fart 

Especially given they just hired one of the guys that allowed them to score 62 points 

Edited by EuroHorn

On 12/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, alincoln said:

Alabama is definitely the first place that comes to mind that prioritizes integrity over winning.  Well . . . Alabama or Oklahoma

Exhibit #2,738: D.J. Durkin is currently working with Bama as an analyst.

• Machinator changed the title to Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State