Cowboys vs Eagles: Week 14

Vic Mackey

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

He's dumb as a fucking rock on the football field.

Off of it? who knows?  Evidence suggests the same...

Yeah that guy with 4 sacks, one of them being a strip sack of Drew Brees(and he should have two of those if the refs didn't decide to call one of the most bullshit offsides penalties in the history of football, let's be real) during the 5 game win streak sure is dumb. Sacking the quarterback is dumb.

He sure does suck. I hate having him on my team.

Edited by Pam Cummings

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

The team right now is dominating Defense and run game.  Period.

Dak's mistakes were not even from trying to do too much-  they were inexplicable carelessness.  maybe if they had an offensive coach worth a fuck, i'd feel more optimistic that they could coach that out of Prescott.  Sorry, but I am not even remotely buying that shit.

Contemplating a contract with Dak also requires asking oneself if the coaching is ever going to change.  If it does not, whatever they pay Dak is inconsequential in comparison.

Well than you answered your own question, no decision Dallas makes matters unless Jerry has an epiphany and decides to hire a real coach. Dallas just had the 2nd greatest QB in the history of the NFL to never win a Super Bowl and it amounted to 2 playoff wins.

Dallas would not have won a Super Bowl the last 22 years regardless of who was playing QB. I'm not trying to compare Dak Prescott to Troy and the eras were obviously different but if you look at Troy's numbers, they weren't great. Troy wasn't slinging Dallas to Super Bowl victories. That was just when Dallas was a well run organization with Jimmy and before Jerry went off the rails.

He is 30-16 as a starting QB and even on a day like today where he looked like shit for huge chunks of the game, still made quite a few plays. Right now we have an offensive coaching staff trying to run the 2016 run, run, play action pass offense with the 2018 OLine and it ain't working because that 2016 line could move boulders. This OLine is good it just isn't good enough to make up for the vanilla offense.

The red zone offense is repulsive.

Edited by chase25

44 minutes ago, Bartles said:

I hate that it was the Cowboys who put the final nail in the Eagles, but it was coming anyway. Total SB hangover: age, injuries, performance drop-off, coaches leaving, tough schedule, and the cliche of opponents wanting it more now.

Now I hope NFC teams look at this film and realize you shouldn't just play conservative against Dallas because you expect a low scoring game. Receivers can get open, and you can run inside with some success against them.

And the refs - WTF on both sides. The teams were struggling enough, we didn't need those ridiculous calls on major plays from literally the opening kick all the way into OT.

You forgot to add but I’ll add it for you. Fuck every single thing that has to do with that shithole Philadelphia to include their fans 

Dak was bad in big moments for 3 quarters.  Way too many mistakes and missed opportunities but he battled.  Kept his head down and continued to grind.  One of the toughest things has to be producing after having your confidence shaken, but he found his way back.  Finding Amari sure did help a lot though.  Good on both.... 

Now, has to watch the tape and refine his skillset while remembering what resilience can produce.

/csb

I had some friends over for a little cookout for the game, including a few stripper friends of mine. One of them kind of invited herself friday night when I saw her at the club. She is a big Eagles fan, but a really cool chick. So I said yeah sure but if you do any of that squawking shit I will fucking put you outside. So early in the game my buddy made a straight up $100 bet with her, no points. Being the creative guy I am I told her I wanted to take that same bet, but if she loses she has to wear a Cowboys outfit of my choosing for a whole night at the club and also dance on main stage to 'We Dem Boys'. She was a damn good sport about the game and paid the $100 and will be making good on the rest this friday or saturday night. 

Edited by immortal13

9 hours ago, Newy25 said:

He has been far more effective since Cooper has arrived. The key as someone else mentioned is to not overpay. If he demand top QB money then I think you look and explore other options. 

The Cowboys scored 22 points total in the 7 quarters prior to the 4th last night. I know Dallas ended with the victory formation inside the Saints 5, but still.

The Saints have 31 sacks on the season. 7 of them were against Dallas.

In last night's game, prior to the heroic comeback, Dak virtually giftwrapped the game to a craptastic Iggles team that the defense was killing. Elliott was moving the ball effectively.

It's a team game, and guys can develop.  I get that.  Color me unconfident as hell with the current regime in place.

5 hours ago, immortal13 said:

/csb

I had some friends over for a little cookout for the game, including a few stripper friends of mine. One of them kind of invited herself friday night when I saw her at the club. She is a big Eagles fan, but a really cool chick. So I said yeah sure but if you do any of that squawking shit I will fucking put you outside. So early in the game my buddy made a straight up $100 bet with her, no points. Being the creative guy I am I told her I wanted to take that same bet, but if she loses she has to wear a Cowboys outfit of my choosing for a whole night at the club and also dance on main stage to 'We Dem Boys'. She was a damn good sport about the game and paid the $100 and will be making good on the rest this friday or saturday night. 

Finding folks who are good sports about $100 bets  is quite the feat these days...

The Cowboys scored 22 points total in the 7 quarters prior to the 4th last night. I know Dallas ended with the victory formation inside the Saints 5, but still.
In last night's game, prior to the heroic comeback, Dak virtually giftwrapped the game to a craptastic Iggles team that the defense was killing. Elliott was moving the ball effectively.

It's a team game, and guys can develop.  I get that.  Color me unconfident as hell with the current regime in place.

A new OC would do wonders imo. I don’t think I Garrett is great. He’s also not the worst ever as some of you think. He keeps the team even keeled, never too high or low. For some reason has never lost then even though we all think he should have.

The biggest issue is the offensive design and play calling. WRs running horrible route combos and piss poor okay calling, specifically in the Red Zone.

I look at a guy like Goff who isn’t all that great imo, but add a creative mind like McVay and he looks like he’s worth that #1 over pick.

Garrett’s going nowhere. But I do believe the players and media are starting to get some leverage in the “Linehan sucks” narrative and he won’t be here. I just hope they get someone who isn’t a old ass retread and find someone who is unpredictable and creative.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

A new OC would do wonders imo. I don’t think I Garrett is great. He’s also not the worst ever as some of you think. He keeps the team even keeled, never too high or low. For some reason has never lost then even though we all think he should have.

The biggest issue is the offensive design and play calling. WRs running horrible route combos and piss poor okay calling, specifically in the Red Zone.

I look at a guy like Goff who isn’t all that great imo, but add a creative mind like McVay and he looks like he’s worth that #1 over pick.

Garrett’s going nowhere. But I do believe the players and media are starting to get some leverage in the “Linehan sucks” narrative and he won’t be here. I just hope they get someone who isn’t a old ass retread and find someone who is unpredictable and creative.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/9/18133770/dak-prescott-changed-amari-coopers-route-on-his-75-yard-touchdown-against-the-eagles

One of the more incredible plays that Cooper had against Philadelphia was his 75-yard touchdown. The Cowboys were in need of a scoring drive and Cooper made that quite easy. After the game he discussed the play and how it actually only happened thanks to Dak Prescott.

It’s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes. And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, Dak come on. And he was just like, just run it bro. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.

Cooper was pressed about what kind of signal this was and he said it was a hand signal (he also jokingly said they’d now have to change it). It’s really great to see that Dak Prescott took control of the moment and trusted his receiver’s instincts, but it raises questions about Scott Linehan’s play-calling.

This touchdown came in the fourth quarter. It’s not like Cooper is expressing sentiments from the game’s first possession where things were still unknown (or at least more unknown). What would have happened had Dak Prescott not use his authority to adjust the route?

Thankfully we didn’t have to watch that play out but in an alternate timeline many BTBers are arguing about how Cooper should have indeed run a go. Again, give both Dak and Amari credit for the recognition, adjustment, and execution, but what about Scott?

This question keeps coming up.

10 hours ago, immortal13 said:

/csb

what club? asking for a friend

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Those were the World Champs we beat last night, with their back against the wall. The week before, we beat the best team in the NFL. I'm thinking "optimistic" might be more appropriate.

Michael Irving was ecstatic this morning. Dak is rising. Irving thinks there are some Super Bowl rings in our future. Regardless, he's fun to watch. Irving said there's no feeling in the world like a star on your helmet and a ring on your finger. Although I'm thinking a stripper wriggling out of a Cowboys outfit might come pretty close.

ae965770280e4983c45a844c1ddd0105--palvin

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Goff's performance last night, and Wentz's performance yesterday make Prescott look like the steal of that draft. Dak is definitely more durable and might just have more upside than those two. If Linehan can work more Dak runs into that offense, it could just possibly get us to a Super Bowl this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/9/18133770/dak-prescott-changed-amari-coopers-route-on-his-75-yard-touchdown-against-the-eagles

One of the more incredible plays that Cooper had against Philadelphia was his 75-yard touchdown. The Cowboys were in need of a scoring drive and Cooper made that quite easy. After the game he discussed the play and how it actually only happened thanks to Dak Prescott.

It’s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes. And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, Dak come on. And he was just like, just run it bro. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.

Cooper was pressed about what kind of signal this was and he said it was a hand signal (he also jokingly said they’d now have to change it). It’s really great to see that Dak Prescott took control of the moment and trusted his receiver’s instincts, but it raises questions about Scott Linehan’s play-calling.

This touchdown came in the fourth quarter. It’s not like Cooper is expressing sentiments from the game’s first possession where things were still unknown (or at least more unknown). What would have happened had Dak Prescott not use his authority to adjust the route?

Thankfully we didn’t have to watch that play out but in an alternate timeline many BTBers are arguing about how Cooper should have indeed run a go. Again, give both Dak and Amari credit for the recognition, adjustment, and execution, but what about Scott?

This question keeps coming up.

Interview with Erin Andrews at the end of the game, Cooper was talking about the catch and he said that the coverage had been all over him on the slant all night long and they were on that play too. He said something to the effect of it wasn't a good call, it just happened to go off of Douglas' hand right in front of him and he just kept his focus on the ball. The play call was not good, the ball just took a fortuitous bounce.

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Michael Irving was ecstatic this morning. Dak is rising. Irving thinks there are some Super Bowl rings in our future. Regardless, he's fun to watch. Irving said there's no feeling in the world like a star on your helmet and a ring on your finger. 

Irving does a lot of cocaine.  A LOT.

3 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

i like that

You can't tell from that pic, but she is quite rude. I ordered this outfit which she has to wear while dancing to 'We Dem Boys'...should be fun. Pics won't be a problem and I bet I can get one of the other dancers to take a short video of her in the dressing room.

il_570xN.1600023817_n2w8.jpg

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
7 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:
Irving does a lot of cocaine.  A LOT.

Yesterday before game nate newton was talking about something and said back in the day he told people to not hang with irvin...he said yall cant do what irvin does, he is out there catching td's and yall just missing practice

The same Nate Newton that got pinched with 300 pounds of weed in a van?