2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

Marijuana needs to be fucking legal before I’m dead. I’m only in my 30’s btw. Congress is so behind public opinion it’s sad and pathetic.

jeff sessions and his drug war dinosaur ass needs to stay away from Congress.

Tell your friends. Get them registered to vote. Make it a party and take them to the polls.

15 hours ago, Pasken said:

Any predictions for tomorrow in Kentucky? Amy McGrath seemed unbeatable but she's been really awful in the last month. Charles Booker could pickup the upset if too many minorities aren't kept from voting. 

I think the momentum and endorsements came a little late, but Im hoping I’m wrong.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I really like Booker, but am I the only one who is cheering for McGrath if she's the better shot to topple Moscow Mitch?

No.  I think that's where I am.  I don't see a black liberal running on M4A and Green New Deal being even close to competitive in Kentucky.  Nominating Booker would give Moscow Mitch a cakewalk in Kentucky and let him spread resources and money to North Carolina, Maine, Iowa, and Montana.

23 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

McGrath is a bad candidate, they'll both lose by double digits though.

All the above being said, if she can't win the primary, then she wouldn't have generated the enthusiasm to seriously contest the general.  And so forcing the Trumpublicans to spend money to defend Kentucky was never anything more than a pipe dream.

Green Party candidate in the Montana Senate race is getting support from a Conservative PAC with ties to Texas. The Montana Republican Party gave money to help gather enough signatures for the candidate to be on the ballot. No Libertarian candidate at this time. The current Democratic Senator in the state, Jon Tester, did something similar to this in 2012 by boosting a Libertarian candidate.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/pac-backing-green-candidate-funded-by-conservative-group/article_17b4fcd3-ddef-5437-8fe6-21eff7df19cc.html

On 6/24/2020 at 10:22 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Green Party candidate in the Montana Senate race is getting support from a Conservative PAC with ties to Texas. The Montana Republican Party gave money to help gather enough signatures for the candidate to be on the ballot. No Libertarian candidate at this time. The current Democratic Senator in the state, Jon Tester, did something similar to this in 2012 by boosting a Libertarian candidate.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/pac-backing-green-candidate-funded-by-conservative-group/article_17b4fcd3-ddef-5437-8fe6-21eff7df19cc.html

Can't win without cheating.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Bamachick would know better than me but if tubberville wins the Republican nomination won’t all the Alabama fans vote against him or at a minimum not vote for him? Alabama-Auburn hate makes Texas OU seem like a kids game. 

Bamachick would know better than me but if tubberville wins the Republican nomination won’t all the Alabama fans vote against him or at a minimum not vote for him? Alabama-Auburn hate makes Texas OU seem like a kids game. 

Yes.

I’ve posted about that dynamic before but there is no coach Alabama fans hate more than Tuberville (except Phillip Fulmer and he ain’t running).

4b23a56ebb6a621fb2bc545d07c1cdeb.jpg

And then after Alabama got off probation and hired Nick Saban, he ran off like a bitch and wasn’t man enough to stay and take his medicine.

I don’t think it will be enough to get a lot of Bammers/Trumpers to actually vote for Jones but I could see a lot of those types skipping this race on the ballot.

“I ain’t voting for THAT jug eared son of a bitch!”.

Jones has been excellent and gotten very good press statewide. If women - especially black women - turn out in big numbers, I’ll feel very hopeful.

Most of y’all didn’t think he had a chance against Moore. I was a very lonely voice predicting his win even prior to the “Moore is a pedo” news.

It’s all about turnout.

• Like 1

Yup, political inertia is a real thing.

And last time he didn’t have the support of the Alabama Democratic Party or the DNC - they supported a career moron who Jones trounced in the primary.

Now he has that backing and money.

He’s also been endorsed by orgs like the Chamber of Commerce and the Alabama SBA and veterans groups because he’s been the sponsor of a lot of bipartisan bills that have helped vets and their families.

I phone banked for him last election and have done the same this year and the response has been much more positive this time.

Everyone talks about “silent Trump voters” and I don’t know if that’s a thing but I do think there are “silent Jones voters” in Alabama.

They aren’t going to put a sign in their yard or promote him on their Facebook or tell Jimmy Lee at Rotary but when they get in the voting booth and see a good man who is a Bama alum, who prosecuted the Birmingham Church bombers, who has done good things in the Senate versus a failed Auburn football coach WHO DOESN’T EVEN LIVE IN ALABAMA, I think they bubble in the circle for Doug Jones.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yup, political inertia is a real thing.

And last time he didn’t have the support of the Alabama Democratic Party or the DNC - they supported a career moron who Jones trounced in the primary.

Now he has that backing and money.

He’s also been endorsed by orgs like the Chamber of Commerce and the Alabama SBA and veterans groups because he’s been the sponsor of a lot of bipartisan bills that have helped vets and their families.

I phone banked for him last election and have done the same this year and the response has been much more positive this time.

Everyone talks about “silent Trump voters” and I don’t know if that’s a thing but I do think there are “silent Jones voters” in Alabama.

They aren’t going to put a sign in their yard or promote him on their Facebook or tell Jimmy Lee at Rotary but when they get in the voting booth and see a good man who is a Bama alum, who prosecuted the Birmingham Church bombers, who has done good things in the Senate versus a failed Auburn football coach WHO DOESN’T EVEN LIVE IN ALABAMA, I think they bubble in the circle for Doug Jones.

1 thing is for sure.

i definitely want tuberville as the opponent. America doesn’t need Jeff sessions racist / drug war dinosaur views right now. Hopefully Jones can pull it out tho.

Edited by Voldemort86

My choices:

#1: Doug Jones, duh.

#2: If Jones must lose, let him lose to Sessions. Then we have the amusement of Trump Twitter-slapping Jeff as he crawls behind him, whether Trump is President or not, weeping "Love me, Daddy," in that Love-Child of Elmer Fudd and Foghorn Leghorn voice of his.

#3: Absolute worst would be Tubbs. Tuberville is the sort of Dan Goeb empty creature who has infested Texas using multiple bodies. One nice thing about Alabama has been that we have idiots, but not Dan Goeb idiots. Tuberville would break the protective spell, and then they'd all rush in. And anyway, why would Alabama want to pay somebody who embodies yeehaw Auburn? We're better off with UA Theta Nu Serpent Creatures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes.

I’ve posted about that dynamic before but there is no coach Alabama fans hate more than Tuberville (except Phillip Fulmer and he ain’t running).

4b23a56ebb6a621fb2bc545d07c1cdeb.jpg

And then after Alabama got off probation and hired Nick Saban, he ran off like a bitch and wasn’t man enough to stay and take his medicine.

I don’t think it will be enough to get a lot of Bammers/Trumpers to actually vote for Jones but I could see a lot of those types skipping this race on the ballot.

“I ain’t voting for THAT jug eared son of a bitch!”.

Jones has been excellent and gotten very good press statewide. If women - especially black women - turn out in big numbers, I’ll feel very hopeful.

Most of y’all didn’t think he had a chance against Moore. I was a very lonely voice predicting his win even prior to the “Moore is a pedo” news.

It’s all about turnout.

I never saw it before but he really does have jug ears.

1 thing is for sure.
i definitely want tuberville as the opponent. America doesn’t need Jeff sessions racist / drug war dinosaur views right now. Hopefully Jones can pull it out tho.

Let me shock you - Tuberville is worse than Sessions.

He is an unashamed Trump sycophant and actually spouts more heinous shit than Sessions without the law degree and government experience.

McConnell is going to win anyways, but a special FUCK YOU to Chuck Schumer. Butting in to local Kentucky politics, and $40 million of fundraising (mostly from out of state) behind one of the worst fucking candidates I've ever seen. Cant wait for that old fuck to retire. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

McConnell is going to win anyways, but a special FUCK YOU to Chuck Schumer. Butting in to local Kentucky politics, and $40 million of fundraising (mostly from out of state) behind one of the worst fucking candidates I've ever seen. Cant wait for that old fuck to retire. 

Such a pointless waste of money for a ruby red seat

On 6/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, Bama Chick said:

It’s all about turnout.

Didn't Charles Barkley have a big impact on the black vote for the Jones v. Moore race (or was that overblown by media)? What's he up to in this race? He's not supporting the Auburn coach, is he?

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Booker wasn't going to win, either.  Not in Kentucky.

McGrath has the resume.  She just lacks any political skills.

The big failure was in not getting Steve Beshear or Allison Grimes to run.  Both would've been much better candidates.