NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

25 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

damn.  everybody assumed the Eagles would run the NFC East for a decade after Philly won the Super Bowl.  "man, Doug Pederson is a genius.  he'll own Garrett for a decade."  now Philly is in the cellar and switching coaches without a serviceable QB.

They went all in for a ring and they got it. I applaud them for it and to see this situation is a dead end and moving on. Unlike the moron owner we have in Dallas who let Garrett stay here 10 fucking years with a few wild card wins to show. Eagles are at least proactive, Dallas isn't. Remember, Dallas looked to be on top for awhile middle of the last decade. 12 wins in 2014. 13 in 2016. Sky looked to be the limit. Eagles were at the bottom of the division. Yet they won a ring. Dallas still looking for its first conference championship appearance since 1995. 

I want to laugh at them but then remember that they will no doubt figure it out and be back on top while Dallas is still twiddling its thumbs.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Holy fuck. I know the rumor mill was going strong with this one, but I just didn’t think they’d do it without giving him one more year. But to me, this means wentz isn’t going anywhere.

Considering all the hell we get for firing a coach who never had a winning record, I presume Philly is now Satan for firing a guy just a few years after a Super Bowl title.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Considering all the hell we get for firing a coach who never had a winning record, I presume Philly is now Satan for firing a guy just a few years after a Super Bowl title.

It had to come down to ownership and Pederson disagreeing on wentz and what to do with him moving forward.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Can't decide if the Eagles head coaching job is better or worse than the Lions'. They're both in the bottom two of this cycle's vacancies.

The Lions have to beat the Packers.

The Eagles just have to be the tallest NFC Least midget.

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

The eagles won the super bowl 3 years ago the lions haven't won a playoff game in 29 years

The organizational history would suggest Eagles.

The cap and current QB issue favors the Lions.

I'd go with Eagles, but it's not a slam dunk. The new Browns have been one of the worst organizations in American sports but they went from 0-16 to winning a playoff game in three years.

Edited by Machinator

I'd go with Eagles, but it's not a slam dunk. The new Browns have been one of the worst organizations in American sports but they went from 0-16 to winning a playoff game in three years.
Maybe the next head coach will realize they can't win with Stafford. He's a poor man's Romo. He couldn't even win with Megatron. He'll put up fantasy football numbers but he folds big time under pressure. How many head coaches has he had? At some point, they have to realize they need a new QB.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
58 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Maybe the next head coach will realize they can't win with Stafford. He's a poor man's Romo. He couldn't even win with Megatron. He'll put up fantasy football numbers but he folds big time under pressure. How many head coaches has he had? At some point, they have to realize they need a new QB.

I hold Stafford in higher regard than you do, but I think his tenure has run its course. The Lions should have taken advantage of that 2020 top 5 draft pick to take a QB, but of course, their GM on the hot seat took a CB because that gave him a better short-term chance to win.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I hold Stafford in higher regard than you do, but I think his tenure has run its course. The Lions should have taken advantage of that 2020 top 5 draft pick to take a QB, but of course, their GM on the hot seat took a CB because that gave him a better short-term chance to win.

Everyone on the fucking planet does. Not just you.

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Goddamn, Joe Brady is climbing up the ranks so fast. I think he's a hell of a coach but seems like a mistake to me. Everybody wants the next McVay but even if McVay was a bit younger he had more experience before getting the Rams job than Brady has now. 

There is just such an unlimited stream of $$ involved in the NFL that teams can afford to take huge gambles with coaching. It doesn't work and they can just fire the guy and go after another retread and say "we are getting back to basics". It's all crazy.

45 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Goddamn, Joe Brady is climbing up the ranks so fast. I think he's a hell of a coach but seems like a mistake to me. Everybody wants the next McVay but even if McVay was a bit younger he had more experience before getting the Rams job than Brady has now. 

I continue reading what a terrible job Joe Brady does in interviews. 

Guess maybe he hopes some desperate team will somehow like his bullshit enough (or hold their noses) and give him a shot... 😂😂😂