Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 hours ago, Chooky said:

I wonder if one of the reasons Trump is so docile against North Korea, aside from Putin and the weird new "divide and conquer" regime, is that the plan has all along been for Pompeo and Bolton to pump their glory boners against Iran.  Trump probably thinks a flag waving frenzy against brown people will get his ratings up in time for an election.  

But Iranians are Caucasians. Iran means Aryan. 

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It doesn't surprise me at all that Moby would do something like that at a party. What a no talent ass clown. 

And Moby? You can get stomped by Obie
You 36-year-old baldheaded fag, blow me
You don't know me, you're too old, let go
It's over, nobody listens to techno

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Retweeted by Dotard. Fuck every one of them. 

I check his Twitter every now and then in the mornings, and I get a good chuckle out of how thin-skinned and scared he is (he truly is the first aggy President), and then he retweets something like that.....

[spioler]It’s like watching Avengers Endgame, and it starts out optimistically, and then Captain America and Thor are killed within the first 5 minutes, and your mood changes, as you realize you’ve got almost three more hours of movie (18 months of Trump).

Kevin-Hart-Ohfuck.gif

Spoiler

Just kidding, I know there’s like three people who haven’t seen it yet and they probably post in CR

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 5/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, GRHorn said:

The fact that people here are debating whether or not Trump would peacefully leave office, shows the level of delusion present. Come back down to planet Earth people. 

The above post aged well...(although granted it was in the Mueller thread)

21 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Retweeted by Dotard. Fuck every one of them. 

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

that's the first test balloon that i've seen.  they're gonna see how it plays with the general populace.  if it picks up traction, it will start to form the basis for Trump not willingly leaving office if he loses the 2020 Presidential Election.

18 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

It's not the first trial balloon, it's at least the third. At least twice, Trump has "joked" that he would stay past eight years. Once he said he'd stay for 10 or 14 years, the other time he said he'd stay president for life. 

He can't leave office, he'll be criminally charged by NY at least. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-again-jokes-about-staying-on-as-president-for-more-than-two-terms/2019/04/18/05a5afce-6207-11e9-9ff2-abc984dc9eec_story.html?utm_term=.87ec31e2160c

President Trump on Thursday joked about serving more than two terms as president, telling a crowd that he might remain in the Oval Office “at least for 10 or 14 years.”

Trump made the comments on the same day that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report was released to the public.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I guess we’ll have to wait for him to lose, to see who’s right. 

Well, not necessarily.  It's entirely within the realm of possibility for him to win in 2020 and subsequently fan the flames of "President for Life" among the bootlickers, and then we could see who's right.

You VASTLY underestimate (a) how dangerous this guy is (b) how dangerous his legislative enablers are and (c) how stupid his base is (which apparently includes you?).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, not necessarily.  It's entirely within the realm of possibility for him to win in 2020 and subsequently fan the flames of "President for Life" among the bootlickers, and then we could see who's right.

You VASTLY underestimate (a) how dangerous this guy is (b) how dangerous his legislative enablers are and (c) how stupid his base is (which apparently includes you?).

Can someone as stupid as grhorn grasp the various levels of stupidity in others? I think we're seeing the answer is definitely no.  Someone with this level of stupidity sees an equal or greater stupidity and wants to make it king. 

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I guess we’ll have to wait for him to lose, to see who’s right. 

But whether or not he ultimately does is not really the point. You Implied it was absurd that people would even contemplate the fact that trump would fight the constitution. He’s joked about it before and even retweeted the thought just 3 days after your post. So no, it’s not delusional and sadly, it is a real concern for people here on earth. 

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I’ve touched on a) yes he is dangerous in some ways, but his worst instincts have been checked by other branches of govt. 

b) Republican members of Congress will turn on him at a moment’s notice once his usefulness is gone. Most of them have gone through a transition of power from R to D. Life will go on for them. Their jobs and perks are largely gonna be unthreatened. 

c) Both bases have stupidity. By far the most likely thing to happen will be a lot of teeth gnashing and crying and they’ll throw a big protest rally where people will wave guns around instead of wear pussy hats on their heads. “Resistance leaders” will then emerge to profit financially off the bitching and moaning and the cycle will repeat.

17 minutes ago, achooloco said:

But whether or not he ultimately does is not really the point. You Implied it was absurd that people would even contemplate the fact that trump would fight the constitution. He’s joked about it before and even retweeted the thought just 3 days after your post. So no, it’s not delusional and sadly, it is a real concern for people here on earth. 

It is absurd. He throws all kinds of shit against the wall, and he has been kept in check by the others branches of government. His potential election loss will be no different. 

23 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Can someone as stupid as grhorn grasp the various levels of stupidity in others? I think we're seeing the answer is definitely no.  Someone with this level of stupidity sees an equal or greater stupidity and wants to make it king. 

That’s not nice, Junes. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

b) Republican members of Congress will turn on him at a moment’s notice once his usefulness is gone. Most of them have gone through a transition of power from R to D. Life will go on for them. Their jobs and perks are largely gonna be unthreatened. 

We've heard that for years now and it simply isn't true. The GOP has coalesced around Trump and will continue to support him no matter what. You will see post-Trump GOP candidates that will use him as the baseline for their agenda and policy goals. At least for a generation or so. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

We've heard that for years now and it simply isn't true. The GOP has coalesced around Trump and will continue to support him no matter what. You will see post-Trump GOP candidates that will use him as the baseline for their agenda and policy goals. At least for a generation or so. 

How can you tell that it’s not true? He still has his usefulness. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How can you tell that it’s not true? He still has his usefulness. 

And the folly on this is the "once his usefulness is gone" condition.  That's like saying "once the law of gravity is repealed, we'll all float."

The GOP is the party of Trumpism.  It is its only meaningful defining characteristic now.  This is reality:

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

You will see post-Trump GOP candidates that will use him as the baseline for their agenda and policy goals. At least for a generation or so. 

MAybe the GOP will be post-Trumpism in 25 years.  Maybe not.  But for the foreseeable future, you might as well be postulating about a world without gravity -- not gonna happen.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And the folly on this is the "once his usefulness is gone" condition.  That's like saying "once the law of gravity is repealed, we'll all float."

The GOP is the party of Trumpism.  It is its only meaningful defining characteristic now.  This is reality:

MAybe the GOP will be post-Trumpism in 25 years.  Maybe not.  But for the foreseeable future, you might as well be postulating about a world without gravity -- not gonna happen.

The GOP is post-dubya now and it took about a decade for that to happen. This is the example I'm going off of. Reagan was a complete outlier and his legacy lasted for decades past his term. 

Too soon to tell if Trump will have a Reagan-like impact but I think Trump will have lasting power. 

Sorry, meant to tag @GRHorn as well. Trump can be both useful and influential. Look at the 2020 GOP candidates and if they resemble Trump then I will be right. 

Edited by Skyline

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You vastly underestimate how much he loathes this job. He is not quite free to do as he pleases - he tries, but he still has to pretend to work.   He has to deal with people who can tell him “no” and that he can’t buy off or make go away.  

And these people can investigate all aspects of his business and personal life, and reveal big chunks of it to the public.  

And if he loses the Senate, they can 100% wreck everything he’s built up until now.  

Speaking of the Senate, Republicans have their own agenda that is aligned with him for now, but the moment they perceive him as a liability, he’s finished, and he knows it.  So he has to get them happy, no matter how much he wants to wheel and deal with Democrats.  

And then he’s got all of these state investigations, brought on by this job. 

And arguably, this job has crippled his future prospects for things like bank loans with his preferred banks.  

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Too soon to tell if Trump will have a Reagan-like impact but I think Trump will have lasting power. 

One difference is the lionizing of Reagan is probably partly attributable to the fact that he made R cool to younger people.  Trump doesn't do that.  There won't be any nostalgia factor in 20 years for him because all Trump's supporters will be worm food.

18 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Every one of those fuckers’ first priority in Congress is to win re-election.  If Trump is going to hurt their chances, they will turn on him.  

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You vastly underestimate how much he loathes this job. He is not quite free to do as he pleases - he tries, but he still has to pretend to work.   He has to deal with people who can tell him “no” and that he can’t buy off or make go away.  

He may hate the job as it currently exists, but don't tell me he doesn't have a raging hardon for Lil' Kim and Putin's way of life.  Trump dearly wants to be able to execute his enemies on the front lawn of the WH, preferably using a tank gun.  He wants to be able to do nothing, act like he's doing nothing, and flaunt the fact that he's doing nothing while oligarchs feed him money and favors.  

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

One difference is the lionizing of Reagan is probably partly attributable to the fact that he made R cool to younger people.  Trump doesn't do that.  There won't be any nostalgia factor in 20 years for him because all Trump's supporters will be worm food.

Today's young are waaaaaaay more left than ever before but the ones that are conservative are also more wildly conservative than anything I've seen. This is just my personal experience as a young guy. I would be interested to see polarization compared with age groups. 

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Reagan also had the backdrop of the end of the Cold War.   Trump is throwing fucking paper towel rolls to hurricane victims that he loathes.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Every one of those fuckers’ first priority in Congress is to win re-election.  If Trump is going to hurt their chances, they will turn on him.  

The GOP just suffered a ton of losses in the House and yet, nothing has changed. 

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

My observations have been that young rural whites are just as deplorable as their maw maws and paw paws.   Turds don't fall far from the ass. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

The GOP just suffered a ton of losses in the House and yet, nothing has changed. 

2018 was a surprise for a lot of them.  There are Republicans switching parties and facing serious competition that weren’t before.  Riding the Trump mushroom is getting dicey for some   

And he’s being investigated by the House.  

And Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, and PA flipped.  

It’s too soon to see the true fallout, but give it 6-9 months, and we will see how things are shaking.   Trump is scared shitless for a reason.  

9 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I wasn't alive for the 60's but today's 20-somethings are much further to the left than the generation or two before them. 

As well they should be.   For those paying attention, some of the safety nets their parents/grandparents have are going to be in trouble by the time they are older.  

36 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

They are off twitter because every tweet they make is immediately met with a tweet storm of scorn and derision.

it's like they don't want the same twitter experience as the rest of us or something

48 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It is absurd. He throws all kinds of shit against the wall, and he has been kept in check by the others branches of government. His potential election loss will be no different. 

Considering they’re ignoring all the house subpoenas, I don’t think he has been very checked. But ok we can disagree on that point. But your argument that he will peacefully transfer power is based on the fact that the president says so many stupid, treasonous things that they can’t all possibly be true? And yet you still support him?! 

I guess I don’t follow the logic that picks and chooses which of all the insane things that trump says are true and which aren’t. What’s the criteria? What makes him not giving up the presidency more insane than the other insane shit he said he’d do that he ended up doing?  How can you be so sure that this one statement he won’t pursue? I honestly am curious On the rationale.

I don’t get why one would draw the line on this statement, let alone label others absurd for being wary of it especially when an official statement from the president literally advocates for it. 

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

Considering they’re ignoring all the house subpoenas, I don’t think he has been very checked. But ok we can disagree on that point. But your argument that he will peacefully transfer power is based on the fact that the president says so many stupid, treasonous things that they can’t all possibly be true? And yet you still support him?! 

I guess I don’t follow the logic that picks and chooses which of all the insane things that trump says are true and which aren’t. What’s the criteria? What makes him not giving up the presidency more insane than the other insane shit he said he’d do that he ended up doing?  How can you be so sure that this one statement he won’t pursue? I honestly am curious On the rationale.

I don’t get why one would draw the line on this statement, let alone label others absurd for being wary of it especially when an official statement from the president literally advocates for it. 

In my opinion, they act this way because they have fully convinced themselves that people are really only upset because Hillary lost.  They think the reactions to his traitorous behavior from non-supporters (sane people) are just libs crying over Hillary and there is really nothing to worry about because you can't take him literally or seriously or something.  It's really bizarre.  

'It's not like we're not gassing the immigrant children in our prison camps' and 'Oh, he's just kidding about adding extra years to his presidency' don't seem like real healthy approaches to maintaining the republic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wonder if we ever get the full story on what is going on here:

D54jnf0WkAEDtpl?format=png&name=small

Why should they feel the need to tweet when they have a TwitterTwat live tweeting their broadcasts for them?

• Like 1

Just now, retread said:

'It's not like we're not gassing the immigrant children in our prison camps' and 'Oh, he's just kidding about adding extra years to his presidency' don't seem like real healthy approaches to maintaining the republic.

They're not.  Thus ledges and whisky and whatnot.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reagan also had the backdrop of the end of the Cold War.   Trump is throwing fucking paper towel rolls to hurricane victims that he loathes.  

I think Trump's dementia is a little further along than Regan's was at this point in his presidency.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1