Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

This current judiciary committee meeting just highlights how worthless Congress is. It's nothing but grandstanding from individual members. Talk, talk, talk. All to setup a vote that will accomplish nothing.

It accomplishes a lot politically.

13 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

This current judiciary committee meeting just highlights how worthless Congress is. It's nothing but grandstanding from individual members. Talk, talk, talk. All to setup a vote that will accomplish nothing.

WOW! It's almost like it is by design and the powers that be would prefer no one to pay attention.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

24 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

watching the republicans completely defenestrate their own credibility by flat out lying about what is going on would be incredible if i wasn't so used to it.

i mean, 20 years ago, if you told me that his is what the republican party (for which i voted) would become, i would mock you.

now i mock them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

watching the republicans completely defenestrate their own credibility by flat out lying about what is going on would be incredible if i wasn't so used to it.

Wait until someone buys the domain name for the link to www.iamwatchingthejudiciarycommitteehearingrightnow.com

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean, 20 years ago, if you told me that his is what the republican party (for which i voted) would become, i would mock you.

now i mock them. 

I can't watch them anymore, I have to mute them when they come on. 

"THIS WAS A WITCH HUNT. IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!" next sentence. "NOW WE MUST GO AFTER HILLARY CLINTON AND FIND OUT WHO KILLED SETH RICH"  

• Haha 1

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

"THIS WAS A WITCH HUNT. IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!" next sentence. "NOW WE MUST GO AFTER HILLARY CLINTON AND FIND OUT WHO KILLED SETH RICH"  

the only conclusion i can fathom is that they are all in on donald trump because they are all in the same corruption boat. 

fuck this president. seriously, republicans, YOU OWE HIM NOTHING. HE'S FUCKING CORRUPT. jettison the trash. real republicans would not defend this shit. these people are compromised. that's the only thing i can conclude.

• Like 4

Just now, hayden_horn said:

the only conclusion i can fathom is that they are all in on donald trump because they are all in the same corruption boat

fuck this president. seriously, republicans, YOU OWE HIM NOTHING. HE'S FUCKING CORRUPT. jettison the trash. real republicans would not defend this shit. these people are compromised. that's the only thing i can conclude.

This is pretty obviously the case. The entire GOP is literally a criminal syndicate dedicated to maximizing opportunities for graft and terrified of being held accountable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the only conclusion i can fathom is that they are all in on donald trump because they are all in the same corruption boat. 

^Yep. I think there are probably some fringe Rs who basically keep their noses clean but who also know where the bodies are buried. Guys like Corker and Flake. Then there are assholes like Ryan who are probably corrupt. They retire and sneak out the back door. The rest of them are all in on their corruption, and they think that they have to stay in Congress to cover up any investigations/oversight.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is pretty obviously the case. The entire GOP is literally a criminal syndicate dedicated to maximizing opportunities for graft and terrified of being held accountable.

I'm stilling holding out for Titanic version of Kathy Bates on the lifeboat calling everyone out for being the equivalent of human trash.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't think that's the case. Trump's 90+% approval rating with R's gives them no choice. I think Graham was telling the truth when the NYTimes asked him why he changed his mind on Trump and he replied that Trump made him popular and important.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Yes, this. I've said it before but one of the most fascinating aspects of the GOP completely selling out for Trump is the indisputable fact that he would throw them all in the trash without a seconds hesitation if he thought it was in his own best interest. He would flip over to the Dems tomorrow if he thought that''s what he needed to do to save his own ass. 

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I didn't realize you were a deep state librul.  Shame on you.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think that's the case. Trump's 90+% approval rating with R's gives them no choice. I think Graham was telling the truth when the NYTimes asked him why he changed his mind on Trump and he replied that Trump made him popular and important.

Even if you assume it's the Republican base that is keeping the GOP foot soldiers in line, who is persuading them?  Why not call out those people too?  

5 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Yes, this. I've said it before but one of the most fascinating aspects of the GOP completely selling out for Trump is the indisputable fact that he would throw them all in the trash without a seconds hesitation if he thought it was in his own best interest. He would flip over to the Dems tomorrow if he thought that''s what he needed to do to save his own ass. 

Hitler used the same technique.  Appeal to the establishment politicians’ self-serving vanity and arrogance, use their support to grab more power for yourself, and when their usefulness came to an end, fuck them over.  Those pathetic assholes and their greed and hubris enabled this jackass to chip away at the constitutional order.  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

now i mock them. 

or a population that allows them to lie in plain sight and still defend them.  

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Lindsey Graham is a shameless attention whore who has a history of adapting his politics to what he sees as the prevailing winds. He's probably dirty too but it's not necessary to explain his conversion to a Trumper. But there's shitloads of evidence that plenty of others in the GOP are dirty as hell and most of them aren't shameless attention whores.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Even if you assume it's the Republican base that is keeping the GOP foot soldiers in line, who is persuading them?  Why not call out those people too?  

I don't think they need persuading. They love Trump and what he represents. Therefore whatever measures he needs/needed to take are ok.

Edited by SimonBolivar

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lindsey Graham is a shameless attention whore who has a history of adapting his politics to what he sees as the prevailing winds. He's probably dirty too but it's not necessary to explain his conversion to a Trumper. But there's shitloads of evidence that plenty of others in the GOP are dirty as hell and most of them aren't shameless attention whores.

I think we all know what made Graham flip.  It's obvious.

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Trump didn't create the base.  The base created Trump.

There really is no conservative ideology anymore.  It's basically grievance/victimhood, crazy conspiracy theories, and winning at all costs.  Trump is just the manifestation of what conservatism became during the Obama years.

Theres a fair number of GOP voters that are single issue voters. Between abortion, guns rights, and ramming Christianity into our government, the GOP has a massive block of voters they know they cannot lose. In the minds of these simpleton voters, it simply doesnt matter how fucking corrupt the president is because he provides a path to the one issue they care about. Nothing else matters to these fucking retards. 

Unless the democrats become pro-choice, pro Jesus, or pro guns, they would vote for Trump immediately after he shit in their mouths and told them it was cheesecake.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Theres a fair number of GOP voters that are single issue voters. Between abortion, guns rights, and ramming Christianity into our government, the GOP has a massive block of voters they know they cannot lose. In the minds of these simpleton voters, it simply doesnt matter how fucking corrupt the president is because he provides a path to the one issue they care about. Nothing else matters to these fucking retards. 

Unless the democrats become pro-choice, pro Jesus, or pro guns, they would vote for Trump immediately after he shit in their mouths and told them it was cheesecake.

They say they're single issue voters but they're not.  98% of these evangelicals would not vote for a pro-life, Southern Baptist Democrat.  They just think they're single issue because that makes it some morality play to them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They say they're single issue voters but they're not.  98% of these evangelicals would not vote for a pro-life, Southern Baptist Democrat.  They just think they're single issue because that makes it some morality play to them.

They did it for over a hundred years and they'd do it again if the pulpit told them to do it. Luckily it seems that voting bloc is slowly losing it's grip as this group of olds die out, but we'll see how religious the next group becomes when they start dying off.

58 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

by definition, isn't a "witch hunt" some sort of hunt where nobody is actually found or killed?  like a "wild goose chase"?  i think once 40 people got indicted and several are already in prison, we can stop calling it a witch hunt, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

They did it for over a hundred years and they'd do it again if the pulpit told them to do it. Luckily it seems that voting bloc is slowly losing it's grip as this group of olds die out, but we'll see how religious the next group becomes when they start dying off.

And this is their problem and why they can't go against Trump. Despite the gerrymandering and voter suppression, their reliable block of voters is getting smaller by the day. Even with the Trumpkins, many of their electoral victories are razor thin. Without the Trumpkin vote, we would likely be looking at Dem majorities in both houses and a dem in the WH already. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think they need persuading. They love Trump and what he represents. Therefore whatever measures he needs/needed to take are ok.

eh, they love getting re-elected and staying in power.  the minute trump is useless to them, they will stop "loving" him and what he represents and move onto the next thing.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

eh, they love getting re-elected and staying in power.  the minute trump is useless to them, they will stop "loving" him and what he represents and move onto the next thing.

It will be claiming we need austerity measures after they fuck up the economy again and get voted out of office.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

I thought he was asking about why the base loves him.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

by definition, isn't a "witch hunt" some sort of hunt where nobody is actually found or killed?  like a "wild goose chase"?  i think once 40 people got indicted and several are already in prison, we can stop calling it a witch hunt, right?

But trump and his supporters don't want a real reality. They want to define teality by simply saying a thing. Over and over. Then it becomes truth. See chrispy. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

now i mock them. 

Frankly, I saw things headed in this direction 20 years ago and more. I also didn't see anything to be done.

The genius of a cult is making yourself argument proof. Ignore and despise the heretic! The evil libdevil!

The scales have fallen from the eyes of the majority of the sensible GOPs. Yet we still have the monster creation of the malicious demogogues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

They've always been corrupt, they just hid it well.   The problem for the GOP is that if he goes down, he damn well will take every Republicans in Congress with him.  They aren't used to that, but Trump, coming out of NYC and Florida real estate, is used to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

How would Bill Clinton have claimed Executive Privilege to prevent the release of information in the Starr Report? I don’t get it.

Because Barr had conversations with Trump about the Mueller Report?

The rules were different then. Independent Counsel vs. Special Counsel. Clinton couldn't fire Starr. He had no control over him. Starr operated under rules set up after Watergate to limit presidential power, he wasn't an employee of the DoJ. The Republicans engineered their own witch hunt in part, I've always believed, to make sure those rules were allowed to expire and they'd never have to face an Independent Counsel themselves. They're now reaping the benefit while pretending the investigation into the very real intrusion of Russia into our election, completely welcomed and encouraged by the Trump campaign, is the same kind of craven political hit job as the Starr Commision's investigation into the Clinton's real estate investments everything.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yep. The GOP dabbled in blue collar populism until sales shot through the roof. Now it's their top selling product and has been rebranded as Trumpism. This is there business model now.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Ironically, the NRA was originally chartered in the State of New York to help Yankees learn how to shoot better after the civil war. 

Because they’re a New York based organization, the State of NY also has them under financial investigation.

Suppose that makes sense as the North's skills at burning shit to the ground were already up to par. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

If what you say is true, then that would mean the GOP's ad nauseum statements are not factual and are not back by logic and/or reason. That's a lot to take in, I'm going to need a moment to compose myself. 

Workhorse?

Seems legit.

Workhorse Electric Vans and Pickups Delayed by Financial Setbacks

March 25, 2019 by Alan Adler, @AlanAdler
Duane-Hughes-Workhorse-Group-chief-executive.jpg
Duane Hughes, chief executive at Workhorse Group, with the NGEN 450 electric van. (Photo: Alan Adler/Trucks.com)
Email this to someonePin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit

Electric truck and drone developer Workhorse Group Inc. is postponing plans for an electric pickup and aircraft to focus on battery-powered lightweight vans. The change is needed to generate revenue to keep the company afloat.

The refocusing of the Loveland, Ohio-based startup has included changing chief executives, borrowing $35 million from a hedge fund and absorbing $8 million in warranty expense for defective battery packs in older electric vans. Workhorse also is trying to sell its hybrid “Surefly” octocopter design.

The board of directors has replaced founder Steve Burns as chief executive, elevating Chief Operating Officer Duane Hughes to the role. Burns remains a consultant. But his main role is leading the effort to sell the Surefly, the vertical takeoff and landing two-seat drone he invented.

“It’s time to focus on the things at our core, such as last-mile delivery vans, and really get down to turning Workhorse into a production-oriented company that’s going to make money,” Hughes told Trucks.com.

Workhorse has 1,100 orders for its NGEN-1000 electric vans. It also has 6,000 orders for the electric pickup truck it is delaying.

Workhorse teased the W15 pickup with media drives in 2017. Since then, startup Rivian has launched development of a battery-electric pickup and an SUV. With a recent $700 million investment by Amazon, Rivian is much better capitalized than Workhorse.

Without an estimated $40 million to $60 million from the sale of Surefly, Workhorse has just “one or two quarters of runway” to avoid a bankruptcy filing, said Carter Driscoll, a former stock analyst at MLV & Co. and Workhorse investor.

Patience and Optimism

Truck rental firm Ryder System Inc. is optimistic about Workhorse’s entries in the emerging alternative energy market.

“With the NGEN, Workhorse has reinvented the step van,” said Chris Nordh, Ryder’s senior director of advanced vehicle technology and energy products. “It is half as much weight with the same capacity.”

For now, NGEN van customers are waiting for production at a 50-acre former Navistar International Corp. plant Workhorse owns in Union City, Ind.

United Parcel Service, by far Workhorse’s biggest customer, ordered 950 NGEN-1000 vans in June 2018. Global logistics giant DHL GmbH ordered 63 of the

workhorse-ngen

Workhorse’s NGEN-1000 electric van. (Photo: Workhorse)

vans in February.

“We’re still working with them, and we’re making progress,” Carlton Rose, UPS president of Global Fleet Maintenance and Engineering, told Trucks.com. “I had personally expected to be further along. I know with new technologies come new challenges and delays.”

Cowen Inc. analyst Jeff Osborne has a $2 target price on Workhorse stock, about twice where it trades now. Osborne cut his target from $2.50 after fourth quarter and full year 2018 losses were deeper than expected.

Workhorse’s stock closed at .77 cents on Friday, March 25.

Financial Stress

Workhorse has almost no revenue, posting just $21,000 for the last three months of 2018, down from $5.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2017. The quarterly loss was $17.7 million, compared to a loss of $11.7 million a year earlier.

For all of 2018, sales were $763,000, compared to $10 million in 2017. The company lost $36.5 million last year, compared with a $41.2 million loss in 2017.

Workhorse reduced its loss by spending less on research and development for Surefly and an electric mail delivery van that it would build in partnership with V.T. Hackney. The two companies are one of five teams competing to build the next-generation delivery truck for the U.S. Postal Service.

Workhorse ended 2018 with $1.5 million in cash and short-term investments, compared to $4.1 million at the end of 2017.

Hedge Fund Lifeline

With practically no cash to buy parts, Workhorse pledged all of its assets at the end of the year to get a $35 million loan from Marathon Asset Management, a New York-based hedge fund. Workhorse spent most of the first $10 million to unwind a loan deal it signed last July with Arosa Capital. The remaining $25 million can be drawn down as needed, but not for everything.

The Marathon loan contract “doesn’t allow me to pay employees and keep the lights on, but for the first time ever, I can buy parts without using the precious equity that we raised,” Hughes said.

• Like 2