Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Schumer and a Botox riddled Pelosi mashed together like two overly prepped cadavers in a David Lynch scene was a nice touch.  What better way to mend the divide between the DNC and the rural working class than to lead off the year with the New York and San Francisco faces of a monopolized political machine?  The best way to shed the appearance of snooty coastal elites is to make two of the poster definitions of coastal elites the face of your party.  Next time they should both be holding martini glasses to get that Great Gatsby look to warm over welders, electricians, farmers and small business owners.  The DNC couldn't get laid in their own wet dream. 

The Democrats don't need to mend that divide. Those people put a coastal elite in the White House because he's a racist like they are. Democrats don't need them.

• Like 1

Shit like this needs to stop.  Tom Perez needs to be castrated and the DNC needs to be turned upside down and shaken by their ankles.  The ego, detachment and complete lack of self awareness doesn't rival that of Donald Trump, but it's close.  Lead the Democratic side of the Congress.  Fine.  But step aside from being the label.  Neither of these ghouls need positive momentum or are in danger of being challenged in an election.  They never will be as long as they are alive.  Ever.  They need to be convinced that they are bad optics no matter how unfair the perception.  That's just the way it is.  They need to fuck off.

181224-chuck-schumer-nancy-pelosi-al-142

ny-1547051730-xt19nug8sf-snap-image

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Shit like this needs to stop.  Tom Perez needs to be castrated and the DNC needs to be turned upside down and shaken by their ankles.  The ego, detachment and complete lack of self awareness doesn't rival that of Donald Trump, but it's close.  Lead the Democratic side of the Congress.  Fine.  But step aside from being the label.  Neither of these ghouls need positive momentum or are in danger of being challenged in an election.  They never will be as long as they are alive.  Ever.  They need to be convinced that they are bad optics no matter how unfair the perception.  That's just the way it is.  They need to fuck off.

181224-chuck-schumer-nancy-pelosi-al-142

ny-1547051730-xt19nug8sf-snap-image

Turn them off. Stop watching. It's just that easy.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The Democrats don't need to mend that divide. Those people put a coastal elite in the White House because he's a racist like they are. Democrats don't need them.

Yes they do.  And there's never been a better time to seize that mantle.  The inability to shed those two from being framed as the front and center of the Democratic party is a monument to incompetence.  The notion that every middle class person who voted for Donald Trump is a racist is idiotic and infantile.  That level of histrionic bullshit becomes a caricature of itself.  Schumer and Pelosi mitigated nothing last night.  They were a detriment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

#8 ties neatly into the pressure at the base of the reptilian or lizard brain you reference.  The fact they can't achieve what they feel they should, or feel expected to achieve then makes them look for scapegoats, and those have to be anything not rooted in capitalism.  So they blame the POC not the CEO who adopts more automation over manpower. 

Dunno how to link for a cross post, but I just put some things in the Q thread about lizard brain. 

Yep, and it’s an executive like Trump who makes the strategic decision to automate or outsource away Joe’s job at the Ford plant — not illegal Jose picking oranges in the valley.  Queue the LBJ quote.

Edited by Goredho

Just now, Chooky said:

Yes they do.  And there's never been a better time to seize that mantle.  The inability to shed those two from being framed as the front and center of the Democratic party is a monument to incompetence.  The notion that every middle class person who voted for Donald Trump is a racist is idiotic and infantile.  That level of histrionic bullshit becomes a caricature of itself.  Schumer and Pelosi mitigated nothing last night.  They were a detriment.

Sure. That's why Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Sure. That's why Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House.

Great point.  What a victory that in now way demonstrates the continuation of a stale and failed path forward.  She's Speaker, everybody!  Nothing left to approve on here!  Mission Accomplished! 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Because you seem upset watching them on television.

Nope.  It's similar to having watched Greg Davis call a 5 yard hitch underneath the linebackers on 3rd and 7.  It doesn't cause emotional trauma.  It causes 4th down.  It's ineffective.  It's still enough to beat New Mexico State, but it'll be a problem in the future.  Your inability to recognize or tolerate criticism in the glaring flaws of your infallible party structure seems a bit more emotional than simply pointing out the huge scabs.  You're right.  Pelosi and Schumer's bizarre rebuttal last night was a resounding success with the American people and nobody thought it was an anemic and silly display of mediocrity.  

• Like 9

where the fuck is john cornyn and ted cruz to represent the needs of their texan constituents regarding this issue?

oh, right.

fuck them both.

and @Chooky is correct. marching out ancient white people from the coasts to be the face of the franchise against the old white people from everywhere else is a stupid plan. you don't have to roll AOC out there, but they need a fucking changing of the guard of some kind.

• Like 1

Olds like Chuck Schumer are deathly afraid of the younger progressive movement as well, and will do anything they can to keep the status quo with elite Democratic institutions. So a person that is supposed to be an ALLY is actually a part of the problem.  Add Tom Perez to that list as well. 

Trump beating HRC was possible because Republicans are fearful and run to the voting booth to assuage their fears.  The majority of Democrats actually have an ideology, and the DNC should not expect the anti-Trump vote to be enough. But that seems to be the current gameplan and will come to fruition if someone like Biden is the nominee. 

Not sure the Democratic rebuttal mattered that much since there wasn’t anything new to rebut. I suppose if someone came up with a great speech like it’s mornin in America that would’ve helped but it was pretty short notice. 

Trumps speech felt like the nunes “memo.” 

That was it? 

And people would bitch about that.

Oh the humanity.  Otherwise they never bitch, do they?  What's your point here with this?  Is it that Nancy and Chuck were the pulse behind democrats winning the house so therefore that formula should remain uninterrupted?  The DNC doesn't need to appeal to the working class?     

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress solely because Ann Coulter was saying mean things about the President.

Just imagine what a hypothetical person could get Cheeto to do if this hypothetical person had damning evidence to use against him?

Oh the humanity.  Otherwise they never bitch, do they?  What's your point here with this?  Is it that Nancy and Chuck were the pulse behind democrats winning the house so therefore that formula should remain uninterrupted?  The DNC doesn't need to appeal to the working class?     

The white working class is free to vote for Democrats, but the DNC does not need to go out of its way to appeal to this group of voters.

36 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The notion that every middle class person who voted for Donald Trump is a racist is idiotic and infantile. 

So are you worried about the middle class or the working class? You seem to waffle on this.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

What better way to mend the divide between the DNC and the rural working class than to lead off the year with the New York and San Francisco faces of a monopolized political machine?  The best way to shed the appearance of snooty coastal elites is to make two of the poster definitions of coastal elites the face of your party. 

I totally said yesterday that putting someone like these 2 as the response to Trump's race-baiting, xenophobic wall bullshit was a bad idea.  A bad one.

Democrats have dynamic Senators from border states (Harris, Sinema, Henrich) and some up and coming representatives from border districts (Veronica Escobar, Juan Vargas, Xochitl Torres Small).  Not to mention governors Newsom (CA) and Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM). Like come on, it was not difficult to pick better faces for the response.

Uhhhh, should we put the first Latina Democratic chief executive in the U.S. AND from a border state on TV to rebut Trump? Nah, Nance and Chuck got it.

But we went with the San Francisco liberal and a guy from New York.

Nailed it.

Edited by Js1

The white working class is free to vote for Democrats, but the DNC does not need to go out of its way to appeal to this group of voters.

I actually didn't really need an answer to that question.  You've revealed the real answer already:  that you're the leftist version of Swam who is incapable of even acknowledging your ideological hemorrhoid much less eventually applying ointment to it.  You've anointed sanctity and hero worship to two thoroughly overrated politicians you've never met and will not tolerate criticism of them.

Never mind those who won elections in red districts by pouncing on wages and healthcare.  It was the shining light and infallible power of Chuck and Nancy who caused voter outliers across the country.    

9 minutes ago, G650 said:

So are you worried about the middle class or the working class? You seem to waffle on this.

Both.  The current GOP is currently struggling to maintain realistic representation of either more than they ever have.  They've never been more vulnerable to losing them than now and that was obvious in the last elections.  Please define how ignoring both would be an advantageous strategy for the DNC. 

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Both.  The current GOP is currently struggling to maintain realistic representation of either more than they ever have.  They've never been more vulnerable to losing them than now and that was obvious in the last elections.  Please define how ignoring both would be an advantageous strategy for the DNC. 

The Democrats already, including old Hill Dog, won the working class vote. Obviously they should aim to keep them.

I'm just trying to figure out what you are going for because you talk about them not appealing to the working man, then change midstream into something about the middle class.

Personally, if we can't change the vapid shell we call middle class culture, then I'd like to eliminate it. But obviously this isn't a very promising electoral strategy and I wouldn't recommend that anyone with aspirations of higher office pursuing it.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really not a big deal with Chuck & Nancy this time.  The whole event was bullshit anyway.  Hopefully the Dems learn from their mistakes and get better at political warfare. 

This is kinda where I'm at.  I'm annoyed with them and they need to figure out how to include other people in the party, but I don't think they re-elected dotus last night either.  I'm not relying on them to galvanize people to vote D in 2020.  The facts should do that on their own via Mueller and HIC hearings.

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

The Democrats already, including old Hill Dog, won the working class vote. Obviously they should aim to keep them.

I'm just trying to figure out what you are going for because you talk about them not appealing to the working man, then change midstream into something about the middle class.

Personally, if we can't change the vapid shell we call middle class culture, then I'd like to eliminate it. But obviously this isn't a very promising electoral strategy and I wouldn't recommend that anyone with aspirations of higher office pursuing it.

I think there are more than a handful of tangible correlations between the working class and the middle class for the sake of all fuck.  As for eliminating the middle class, yeah, I disagree.  There's nothing I really envy in the typical economic structure of South America.  Nah thanks.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I totally said yesterday that putting someone like these 2 as the response to Trump's race-baiting, xenophobic wall bullshit was a bad idea.  A bad one.

Democrats have dynamic Senators from border states (Harris, Sinema, Henrich) and some up and coming representatives from border districts (Veronica Escobar, Juan Vargas, Xochitl Torres Small).  Not to mention governors Newsom (CA) and Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM). Like come on, it was not difficult to pick better faces for the response.

Uhhhh, should we put the first Latina Democratic chief executive in the U.S. AND from a border state on TV to rebut Trump? Nah, Nance and Chuck got it.

But we went with the San Francisco liberal and a guy from New York.

Nailed it.

Permit me to put forth a counter-argument in this one instance.

As against Trump at this particular moment in time, the Democrats need to play it (small-c) conservative.  Trump is losing this fight all on his own.  He's got the losing side of the argument on the merits.  And, with last night's speech, he's got the losing side of the argument on the substance.

You don't want anything that would distract from that.  For example, a Bobby Jindal-type performance would have been a disaster because it would have given our fickle and shallow media something to focus on other than Trump's terrible ideas and worse performance.  Whatever you think of them, Chuck and Nancy are professionals--they'll give a decent performance without any game-changing mistakes.

They may not inspire anybody to charge an enemy machine gun position, but we don't need that right now.  We just need to step off the tracks and watch this runaway train careen off the tracks.

• Like 8

I think there are more than a handful of tangible correlations between the working class and the middle class for the sake of all fuck. 

Yeah, I would disagree. As someone who started with a shovel in his hand at 14, I can tell you that the working man has fuck all in common with some douchebag in a middle class subdivision with his cargo shorts and F150 he takes to eat at the local Buffalo Wild Wings.

The working class and upper class have a hell of a lot more affinity with each other than the homogenized culturally bereft middle.

I'm not anti-middle class, I'm anti the current U.S. middle class. Trump is the spirit animal of that subset, whether they know it or not. If you want to reclaim the early 20th century U.S. middle class, then I'm your biggest cheerleader, because that was one of the most dynamic and important groups in all of human existence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Permit me to put forth a counter-argument in this one instance.

As against Trump at this particular moment in time, the Democrats need to play it (small-c) conservative.  Trump is losing this fight all on his own.  He's got the losing side of the argument on the merits.  And, with last night's speech, he's got the losing side of the argument on the substance.

You don't want anything that would distract from that.  For example, a Bobby Jindal-type performance would have been a disaster because it would have given our fickle and shallow media something to focus on other than Trump's terrible ideas and worse performance.  Whatever you think of them, Chuck and Nancy are professionals--they'll give a decent performance without any game-changing mistakes.

They may not inspire anybody to charge an enemy machine gun position, but we don't need that right now.  We just need to step off the tracks and watch this runaway train careen off the tracks.

I concur.