Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Russian oligarchs are good at trolling.

Translation:

By the way, Trump also promised to put Clinton, but, apparently, it was decided to make a bet on the Wall as an important promised victory at the presidential post. Clinton behind bars - now looks quite challenging. Americans - a nation with humor, meet @realDonaldTrump such boards 🤪

43 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

*forest

Threatening to withhold FEMA money is so presidential. Well done, GOP.

It's almost like he's trying to get CA to secede/start a civil war.  So they increase taxes on California, which is already the biggest donor state, to fund tax cuts for trump's cronies, and then refuse FEMA funding when much of the state was decimated by fires.  I'm wondering why California is staying in the union, apparently to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and military deployments for imaginary crises.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It's almost like he's trying to get CA to secede/start a civil war.  So they increase taxes on California, which is already the biggest donor state, to fund tax cuts for trump's cronies, and then refuse FEMA funding when much of the state was decimated by fires.  I'm wondering why California is staying in the union, apparently to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and military deployments for imaginary crises.

This same stupidity hurt him in November.  All he knows is Cali = blue.  Blue = worthy of scorn.  He doesn't realize they have a ton of representatives and a lot of those are red.  More flipped there than anywhere else in no small part because of his constant bagging on the state.

Let's be very, very honest here. (this is a diatribe! 😉  ) There have been Democrats that have voted for walls and other barriers in the past.  There have also been Republicans who voted for things like DACA and comprehensive border security legislation.  Both of these are true, and there was a bill that passed with STRONG not token bipartisan support out of the Senate.  It was not allowed a voter by Paul Ryan because - I would not pass with ONLY Republican votes.  This is not what our founding fathers intended and in fact had the spirit of the constitution been followed (as Ryan claims he cared so much about) and there would have been honest debate, likely some amendments (perhaps even poison pill) but the bill would have passed easily.

IF the bill passed without amendments then it would have become law and the "border" would have ceased to have been an issue for the GOP.  I don't think any of these statements are disputible in the least. 

In my opinion the single biggest problem with the way our congress currently works is that is does not follow the spirit of the founders.  Instead it's a stubborn and childish, well... we can't even play with the toys unless I get to make the rules to ensure only I can win.  The practice of NOT allowing debate nor votes on legislation that would EASILY pass is NOT how our founding fathers envisioned the system they designed.  In fact these artificial and capricious decisions by a single elected official simply derail the representation of the people in our government.  I am against this whether used by Dems nor Pubs.  The use of these tools in the House of Representatives, is the most egregious, because by design it was supposed to have the most free debate with the fewest restrictions.  Having debate and votes overruled by a single person elected from a single state's congressional district is simply NOT representative democracy the way our founders intended. 

Today we have the same tactic taking place in the Senate.  One of two senators elected from a single state is refusing debate or votes on bills that would EASILY PASS.  Again this is not what our founding fathers intended.  The Senate was designed as a tempering body to political swings in the House in it's design giving smaller population states more voting "weight" to thwart more rapid changes that would likely come from the House which is more reflective of current political moods at any point in time simply because of shorter elections cycles.

FREE DEBATE, and in turn the ability to vote in BOTH HOUSES was what our founders intended.  The GOP strategy of not allowing votes or debate on bills is un-American in all honesty.  Simply because it thwarts the representative government our founders intended.  I will equally criticize Dems when this happens, but it has not been the case often that I can recall bills being blocked that would EASILY PASS, at the rate the GOP has adopted.  Indeed what this stupidity creates is having two men elected by a single state as having the exact same veto power as the President. In fact their veto power is even stronger, because it cannot be overriden legislatively.  It's the biggest proplem we currently have in our government and not only is the biggest source of endless gridlock, but also creates the most friction between elected representatives.  How would you feel if you were elected to congress and some guy from another state elected by a similar population as yourself told you he was king? Sadly this is the result of stupidity like the hastert rule in the House, and stealing of Supreme Court appointments in the Senate.

If we let debate, and VOTES be taken a LOT of the problems we argue about today would have already been taken care of... Vote and put bills on the President's desk. We have a vehicle to over ride the President's vote, we don't 9in the short term) have the ability to over ride the private decisions of self-declared kings of the Senate and House who prevent votes and debates. It's bullshit!

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

This same stupidity hurt him in November.  All he knows is Cali = blue.  Blue = worthy of scorn.  He doesn't realize they have a ton of representatives and a lot of those are red.  More flipped there than anywhere else in no small part because of his constant bagging on the state.

Yes.  And honestly his tweet itself is probably an impeachable offense.  I know we're way down the rabbit hole already, but it boils down to a president denying disaster relief based on the residents of a state not being in the same political party cult as the president.  That's an enormous abuse of power.  That will probably make the news for 5 seconds, especially because who the fuck knows if FEMA will actually follow the so called president's obscene directive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The California tweet feels either like a potshot at Pelosi, or more likely a deliberate distraction from Manafort.  

Probably the latter. This whole wall BS has to be the distraction from Mueller findings coming out no? Why else, as others have noted, did he not fund/build the wall with House and Senate control the past two years. Someone needs to ask him that question. Not that he'd answer.

I hate this motherfucker.

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trying to decipher rhyme or reason with Trump's tweets is a waste of brain power. The dude just spews horseshit whenever he feels like it because he's a narcissistic moron. There is no strategy, there is no plan, there is no deeper meaning. 

He knows how reality tv works.  He desperately needs to distract his base from Manafort, upcoming air travel woes, delayed tax refunds, 800,000 without paychecks, etc.  

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Just a quick reminder for the Associated Press -

Donald Trump and his party held the presidency, Senate and House for 2 full years without funding the border wall or shutting down the government over a lack of funding for said wall. 

So kindly go blow it out of your assholes.

Whoa whoa.....they were busy gutting healthcare options.

You can't fuck everyone at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

#8 ties neatly into the pressure at the base of the reptilian or lizard brain you reference.  The fact they can't achieve what they feel they should, or feel expected to achieve then makes them look for scapegoats, and those have to be anything not rooted in capitalism.  So they blame the POC not the CEO who adopts more automation over manpower. 

8. Relative Deprivation — A Misguided Sense of Entitlement

Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

Common explanations for Trump’s popularity among non-bigoted voters involve economics. There is no doubt that some Trump supporters are simply angry that American jobs are being lost to Mexico and China, which is certainly understandable, although these loyalists often ignore the fact that some of these careers are actually being lost due to the accelerating pace of automation.

These Trump supporters are experiencing relative deprivation, and are common among the swing states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. This kind of deprivation is specifically referred to as “relative,” as opposed to “absolute,” because the feeling is often based on a skewed perception of what one is entitled to.

Dunno how to link for a cross post, but I just put some things in the Q thread about lizard brain. 

• Like 1

LMAO -

The Pelosi/Schumer response got a 29.3 /47 overnight.  Trump got a 28.1 / 45 share.

Democratic response got better ratings on CNN, MSNBC, ABC.  Trump beat the Democrats on CBS.  Equally rated on NBC, Fox and Fox News (!!!)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Trump looked exhausted and beat in that speech. He's had enough.   I just can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress and he doesn't give a damn. 

Look at how he treats contractors.  Look at Trump University.  Look at his (and his father’s) past as landlords.  

22 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Trump looked exhausted and beat in that speech. He's had enough.   I just can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress and he doesn't give a damn. 

I'm hoping he decide not to run again. He can make up whatever excuse he wants, everybody will know the real reason.

But I'm hoping even more he strokes out or someone caps his ass.

• Like 1

Just now, retread said:

He enjoys demonstrating power (my troops and my generals) and inflicting pain to show authority (and just b/c it please his sick mind).

This.  This is the same man who kicked his sick infant nephew off the family insurance plan because of a fight trump had with his brother.

25 minutes ago, NowThis said:

I can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress solely because Ann Coulter was saying mean things about the President.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He knows how reality tv works.  He desperately needs to distract his base from Manafort, upcoming air travel woes, delayed tax refunds, 800,000 without paychecks, etc.  

We follow this stuff more closely than 99% of the public, and even I don’t really know much about the recent Manafort news. That isn’t a blip of an issue right now. His base will blame the Democrats for air travel woes, delayed tax funds, etc.

I completely understand, for sanity’s sake, trying to find some deeper meaning to Trump’s words and actions. I’ve been doing it as well. But he does not care or believe in anything except his own survival. That’s it. And his base will support him to the very end and beyond.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress solely because Ann Coulter was saying mean things about the President.

I can't get over that 35% of the country and a majority of the senators support a piece of shit who would do these things.

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm hoping he decide not to run again. He can make up whatever excuse he wants, everybody will know the real reason.

But I'm hoping even more he strokes out or someone caps his ass.

No, I don't want him to be assassinated.

Then he's a martyr.  And Pence gets sympathy votes in 2020 under the guise of "healing the nation."

33 minutes ago, NowThis said:

He hates reading off a teleprompter and not having a supportive audience. That’s all. Don’t ready any more into it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NowThis said:

So he's killing himself in D.C., is what you're saying.

• Haha 1

Trump says the "threshold" for declaring a national emergency is if he cannot work out a deal with Congress.

I don't think that statement is going to hold up in court - that is overtly saying "I waited until my party didn't control Congress and now declaring it a national emergency."

Also, if its AN EMERGENCY AND A CRISIS, wouldn't we need the full amount of wall $$ and not a measly $5 billion.