Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Moving forward, I'm going to have any dog's anal glands removed. I have one who has to have them expressed every three or four months. 

"We can show you how to do it yourself."

"No thanks. $16 seems like a good price to not have to do it myself. "

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moving forward, I'm going to have any dog's anal glands removed. I have one who has to have them expressed every three or four months. 
"We can show you how to do it yourself."
"No thanks. $16 seems like a good price to not have to do it myself. "

I feel the same about Samson’s nails. $10 a month and no blood? Deal.

Quick poll:

1.  What size is your dog and how do you transport it in the car?  (trunk, hatch, truck bed, crate, etc?)

2.  Is it strapped to seatbelt?

Mine's a dense 30# and she just chills in her doggie bed in the backseat.  I feel guilty about not keeping her strapped to the seatbelt for long drives

Mine are 63, 50, and 40 pounds. They ride sleeping in the back seat. All three go smooth to sleep as soon as they get in the car.  Have the entire backseat covered with one of those dog hammocks. Those things are great. Keep the hair contained. Just pull it out and toss it in the wash. 

Edited by Deej

40 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Quick poll:

1.  What size is your dog and how do you transport it in the car?  (trunk, hatch, truck bed, crate, etc?)

Mine's a dense 30# and she just chills in her doggie bed in the backseat.  I feel guilty about not keeping her strapped to the seatbelt for long drives

265# of Newfies.  We put them in the way back.  Would be tough to seat belt them.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Quick poll:

Luna is around 80#. She rides in the hatch back where there are air bags in case of an accident.

175, 145, and the old coon hound is about 60. The old man does not travel with the mastiffs because they're scared to death of him. He just chills in the back seat. The two big uns try to stick their fat heads out of the same window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangEngr said:

Two sixty pound labs. In my wife’s explorer they sit in the very back, in my F150 they sit in the floor of my back seats with the seats folded up. They conk out pretty good. Get a little gassy sometimes, much to my wife’s chagrin

Oh sure, blame the dogs bro!😀

• Hook 'Em 1