Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

That was one of the best days of my life. We've had an amazing run. I'm heartbroken but determined to make this the best damn finish for him I can.

I think this was the first pic of us I posted of us on Shaggy:

05941339927c2bc68985774acb7a57b1.jpgy

That is a great picture. Both of you look so happy. 

That's the toughest part of this thread - and the most human. Losing a loved one takes time. Hook'em MIB.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Turns out he has a bad tooth and will be fine after getting it pulled next week. That wasn't embarrassing at all...

What relief you must be feeling today.

Edited by pch
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Driving home to CP from Lakeway yesterday and see some folks trying to slow cars for two dogs wandering near the roadway on 620.  Pulled ahead of them and called the dogs to me and they both let me grab them.  Called the owner and handed them off (this was after the ridgeback decided to sit in front passenger seat for fun).  I guess a neighbor kid left the gate open and they gtfo.  Pretty pups and my daughter immediately asked when we could get one.

IMG-9073.jpeg

Great work. 

Dobbs could use some good thoughts. Was doing better but something has changed since his vet visit Saturday morning. We are currently at vet and he will have to stay the night. Vet noticed stuff with his liver was a little off Saturday so stopped giving him one pill and now his skin is looking yellow. He is really lethargic and limp. It kills me to know he might not make it tonight and we won’t be there to hold him. Currently waiting on doctor Jeffe now. The 8 month pregnant wife is taking this like you would expect and I am trying to hold it together. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Dobbs could use some good thoughts. Was doing better but something has changed since his vet visit Saturday morning. We are currently at vet and he will have to stay the night. Vet noticed stuff with his liver was a little off Saturday so stopped giving him one pill and now his skin is looking yellow. He is really lethargic and limp. It kills me to know he might not make it tonight and we won’t be there to hold him. Currently waiting on doctor Jeffe now. The 8 month pregnant wife is taking this like you would expect and I am trying to hold it together. 

Hoping for the best for Dobbs. 

13 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

0416383985f6c64265cdd565acb8c4b6.jpg
Hands down my favorite pic. He was downright surly at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good boy Dobbs!  Sending good thoughts your way Clinton in this time of loss.  We are waiting till January to find our next canine kid after saying goodbye to Zeke this year.

Today started out rough but has gotten better. We are already on to telling stories about the things he has done. In his 3 years on earth he got to go on two beach trips and not many go at all.

We both kind of feel like he knew it would be too much with his needs and a newborn baby and decided he needed to give us some space. I know it sounds cheesy but he always had his head on the wife’s belly ever since we found out she was pregnant. I really wish he could have met the baby though. I originally was supposed to be out of town last night and thank God that got cancelled last Thursday.

Our other mini dachshund and doodle have been extra affectionate today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Anyone have a rec for a good Austin country vet or place for euthanasia? Not trying to be heartless, but my aussie is obviously ready to go. He's 12+ and has lived longer than every single aussie my entire family has ever owned. He has kidney, digestion and leg/hip problems.

The last time this happened (10 years ago with my first GSP), my regular vet insisted on close to a $1000 in tests, then sent me to another place to put him down, which ended up costing over $1500 in total. Trying to avoid a repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Anyone have a rec for a good Austin country vet or place for euthanasia? Not trying to be heartless, but my aussie is obviously ready to go. He's 12+ and has lived longer than every single aussie my entire family has ever owned. He has kidney, digestion and leg/hip problems.

The last time this happened (10 years ago with my first GSP), my regular vet insisted on close to a $1000 in tests, then sent me to another place to put him down, which ended up costing over $1500 in total. Trying to avoid a repeat.

Maybe have someone come to you?

https://compassionatepetvet.com/

https://www.wholepetmobilevet.com/

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

I did this for our last one as well.  

Matt Bendall, DVM
Doctor Bendall's Veterinary Housecall Practice
M:  (512) 901-9100
F:   (512) 233-0735