Texas recruiting notes 2019

hey, speaking of bama, they currently have 7 defensive linemen committed in their recruiting class after signing 7 last year with quite a few already on the roster.  we signed 4 last year and have 2 projects so far this year to go along with what will be a fairly depleted roster.  so when i read in satanyash's recruiting mailbag post above that texas's staff "doesn't see defensive line as a big need," well...that's frustrating.

please don't threaten to murder me and rape my wife and daughters for sharing this opinion.

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Who would have thought bama would do a better job of recruiting DL...

of course they will now...but that is because it's nick's most emphasized position in recruiting and it's also the reason for their consistent, sustained success in defense.

that's why if whoever the goober guys that reported it are right and the staff doesn't think dline is not a big need in this (or any) year, i find it a bit frustrating.

hey, speaking of bama, they currently have 7 defensive linemen committed in their recruiting class after signing 7 last year with quite a few already on the roster.  we signed 4 last year and have 2 projects so far this year to go along with what will be a fairly depleted roster.  so when i read in satanyash's recruiting mailbag post above that texas's staff "doesn't see defensive line as a big need," well...that's frustrating.
please don't threaten to murder me and rape my wife and daughters for sharing this opinion.

We’ve been discussing for weeks that more defensive linemen are needed. Why do you seem to think no one wants more? Why do you think the staff won’t sign more?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

We’ve been discussing for weeks that more defensive linemen are needed. Why do you seem to think no one wants more? Why do you think the staff won’t sign more?

hopefully we will...at least the louisiana kid.  but to answer your question re: the staff, read the mailbag that satayanash posted:

Texas doesn’t see defensive line as a big need. I know most of you guys do, but the Longhorns are happy with developmental prospects Peter Mpagiand T’Vondre Sweat. Both are solid. Of course, they would like to land an elite guy like DeMarvin Leal or Faatui Tuiteleand/or flip JUCO product Jacoby Jones from Oklahoma, but I don’t think you’re going to see the defensive line class grow much. One more is likely, and right now, that's looking like Myron Warren barring an LSU offer. Maybe two at the most.

Again, Texas doesn’t view defensive line as a big need this cycle.

Edited by sidis

of course they will now...but that is because it's nick's most emphasized position in recruiting and it's also the reason for their consistent, sustained success in defense.
that's why if whoever the goober guys that reported it are right and the staff doesn't think dline is not a big need in this (or any) year, i find it a bit frustrating.

FML...You are insufferable.
  • Like 6

Despite twitter, doesn't look like Shepherd made it to aggy. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:08p

Staff

I've talked to 5-6 sources and recruits, and no one saw Javonne Shepherd on campus today. Now, I know what he put out there last night on his Instagram page, but until I hear otherwise I don't believe he ever made it to town. 

I'll work to get 100% confirmation.

Edited by Lobwedgephil

27 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

I've talked to 5-6 sources and recruits, and no one saw Javonne Shepherd on campus today. Now, I know what he put out there last night on his Instagram page, but until I hear otherwise I don't believe he ever made it to town. 

Kinda weird to say with so much smoke and weirdness around this one, but I do think he actually likes UT. It's all about him getting his shit together and us managing the North Forest handler issues (aka FWK).

15 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I am really hoping that we can get Banks as a 3rd corner in this class.  Can't hurt to have a 3rd cover guy, given how many pass heavy teams are in this conference.

Cain, McCoy, Cunningham and Hookfin on offense.  Warren, Cooper, Catalon, and Banks on defense.

If it drives off Watson and his skills and that potential Grayson pipeline, not worth it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I hope Bru watched that and can imagine himself catching those passes from Sam for the next two years.

Holy shit what a reel for WR recruits to watch.

More importantly, a win.

Not that blowing a 17-point lead and almost the game against a mediocre team with a backup QB is going to impress anyone, but a third straight loss would have thrown a major wrench into the media narrative about us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I hope Bru watched that and can imagine himself catching those passes from Sam for the next two years.

Holy shit what a reel for WR recruits to watch.

Dylan Wright must really like that money bag he got from aggy to take it over what big WR's are doing in our offense.  I think Demas will see the light eventually.

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Do we want USC to lose or win? 

I’m scared if they lose Helton gets fired. 

Looks like best case for them is 7-5 and maybe that bowl UCLA played in last year against a Big 12 team, Cactus bowl ( or maybe this is the one now called Cheeze-it bowl?? ).

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If it drives off Watson and his skills and that potential Grayson pipeline, not worth it.

But if it were to drive Watson off, what does it say about him? (I don't think Banks coming here would drive Watson off - the staff is pretty upfront with recruits regarding their personnel needs).

The more LJH does good, the more it seems he might go to the draft. Bru has got to be thinking that, man I could be the that dude next year. Especially if Johnson stays, then there is a lot of room to grow into the position rather than go to usc with an unproven QB or at least no where near sams level. 

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Footwork King tweeted out a pic of him and all the kids he took to the game and Shepherd wasn't in it.

On 10/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

well, deion is kind of a pain in the ass

With USC currently melting down against Cal, it's looking more and more likely Bru to Texas might be a given. Stadium looks empty, we have LJH and CJ, we're on the up, and Helton is a regard. Put him in the calculator